Will disbanding Vol Hostess program hurt recruiting.

One of the first "program" changes in a while that I actually agree with.

For the people upset over this, I would invite you to imagine if your daughter or future daughter was going to be one of these girls. If you are still okay with it feel free to consider yourself a disgusting person.

here is the truth they may be getting rid of the program but its a terrible idea. It will still exist just not officially. At least if its a legit official program there is some oversight. Now they will just round up the biggest freaks on campus for any recruiting weekend. coaches might not directly but some booster will or they will just show up on their own 'cause thotts gon be thotts'

Some things are just gonna happen and outlawing it just makes it worse. Look at what happened with prohibition and the war on drugs. The are both the biggest contributors to crime over the last 100 years. If you legalize u can regulate and profit. Now instead of folks shooting it out over a case of gin they get dui's for drinking too much legally.

Reactions: tennbjj
Yes. But as you can see, by pointing that out, you added one:

Remember kids. Social justice is a zero sum game.
You’re correct. It’s ironic (and sad) that someone can be so hateful in the name of social justice. Completely contradictory of the very foundation of their argument.

It’s unfortunately becoming more and more common for people like this to resort to bullying and name-calling whenever opinions other than their own are expressed.

Everyone wants attention and nothing garners more attention in 2019 than victimization and social injustice. It’s all manufactured controversy. Now the media has began to exploit this very human nature in order to create news stories. Same reason why news outlets are outraged by Adam Levine taking his shirt off during the super bowl.

At the end of the day, no matter what anyone says, things can’t be THAT bad when the biggest issue in the news is a rockstar performing without a shirt.

Sorry for the rant. I’ll go back to my safe space.

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
For the people upset over this, I would invite you to imagine if your daughter or future daughter was going to be one of these girls. If you are still okay with it feel free to consider yourself a disgusting person.
My daughter was in a Hostess program and eventually was put in charge for a year. I believe in her personal morality. Many coeds wanted to be in the program and their personal morality was up to them. Let’s try to put a hiatus on the name calling and morality policing. We are all anxiety wracked Vol fans. Surely we can get some positivity rolling here. BVS is killing our kindness.

Thank you for expressing your opinion, but just because someone else might believe something different doesn’t mean they’re a disgusting person.

You’re fighting fire with fire. If you don’t like the hostess program that’s cool, this is America and you’re free to think whatever you want.

But making a generalization and calling anyone with a different opinion than your own “a disgusting person” is wrong. Why are you allowed to determine what is “disgusting” and what isn’t?

If you have an argument to make then you’re free to elaborate so that we can better understand your personal opinion. But suggesting that anyone who disagrees with you in regards to this topic is disgusting is very weak-minded of you.

If I am understanding correctly, your opinion is rooted in a student-ran volunteer program that, for whatever reason, you personally feel is immoral. Yet, in the name of preserving these very morals you resort to name-calling anyone who believes any differently.

Basically, you’re combating something that you feel to be immoral with your own immoral behavior. Make sense? The only difference is that the Vol Hostess Program has most likely never had any personal impact on your life, yet your words effect everyone who has ever been involved with this very program as it paints them in a negative light. Why worry about something that has never and will never affect you?

I would conclude that regardless of anyone’s stance on the matter, the foundation of your argument is both contradictory and fundamentally weak.

Have a great evening, and Go Vols!

Last edited:
My daughter was in a Hostess program and eventually was put in charge for a year. I believe in her personal morality. Many coeds wanted to be in the program and their personal morality was up to them. Let’s try to put a hiatus on the name calling and morality policing. We are all anxiety wracked Vol fans. Surely we can get some positivity rolling here. BVS is killing our kindness.
this exactly. these types of programs are for the most part on the up and up... yes some people use it for other means. At least this is a program that has to have some sort of oversight and transparency. It will not go away it just wont be official now which means no more co-eds with morals joining.

"We HATE it!"

tennessee-hostesses-byrnes-high.png

886979.jpg
The caboose on Miss Earp there in that top photo has stood the test of time. Day-yum.

You’re correct. It’s ironic (and sad) that someone can be so hateful in the name of social justice. Completely contradictory of the very foundation of their argument.

It’s unfortunately becoming more and more common for people like this to resort to bullying and name-calling whenever opinions other than their own are expressed.

Everyone wants attention and nothing garners more attention in 2019 than victimization and social injustice. It’s all manufactured controversy. Now the media has began to exploit this very human nature in order to create news stories. Same reason why news outlets are outraged by Adam Levine taking his shirt off during the super bowl.

At the end of the day, no matter what anyone says, things can’t be THAT bad when the biggest issue in the news is a rockstar performing without a shirt.

Sorry for the rant. I’ll go back to my safe space.
Wtf news do you watch if that’s their lead story?

Thank you for expressing your opinion, but just because someone else might believe something different doesn’t mean they’re a disgusting person.

You’re fighting fire with fire. If you don’t like the hostess program that’s cool, this is America and you’re free to think whatever you want.

But making a generalization and calling anyone with a different opinion than your own “a disgusting person” is wrong. Why are you allowed to determine what is “disgusting” and what isn’t?

If you have an argument to make then you’re free to elaborate so that we can better understand your personal opinion. But suggesting that anyone who disagrees with you in regards to this topic is disgusting is very weak-minded of you.

If I am understanding correctly, your opinion is rooted in a student-ran volunteer program that, for whatever reason, you personally feel is immoral. Yet, in the name of preserving these very morals you resort to name-calling anyone who believes any differently.

Basically, you’re combating something that you feel to be immoral with your own immoral behavior. Make sense? The only difference is that the Vol Hostess Program has most likely never had any personal impact on your life, yet your words effect everyone who has ever been involved with this very program as it paints them in a negative light. Why worry about something that has never and will never affect you?

I would conclude that regardless of anyone’s stance on the matter, the foundation of your argument is both contradictory and fundamentally weak.

Have a great evening, and Go Vols!
Well you've just got me pegged with that passive aggressive rant. Nice try, but I have personal knowledge of some of the things that have occurred with that program. I know there are well meaning people in the organization but you would be surprised at some of the inner workings if you believe the program is innocent.

Well you've just got me pegged with that passive aggressive rant. Nice try, but I have personal knowledge of some of the things that have occurred with that program. I know there are well meaning people in the organization but you would be surprised at some of the inner workings if you believe the program is innocent.

I think you painted with a pretty broad brush In This thread. I don’t think anyone suggested that some things have taken place that probably shouldn’t have, but I was also friends with several of the girls in the mid 2000’s who were hostesses and they were good girls who had positive motivations for being involved in the program.

The obvious answer here is to farm the program out to the... Vawl Navy!!!!! Nothing attracts young studs like the allure of salty seamen. And honestly, them VN boys have gotten so much fantastic free press here, shouldn't they be using their vessels and their offspring to establish the best lil' floatin' bordello east of the Mississipp??

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
If you've ever begged for a woman or some sex, you need to sort your entire life out and get your **** together... Good god...

Men are kind of dumb that way. Best tactic is to be very nice but otherwise ignore the gals. For me, at least during my HS and college years, it led to gals either asking me for sessions or sort of insisting on the same to prove I wasn't gay. Reverse psychology really does work. Then there's that few who refuse to be ignored. Be warned, that last group can at times be rough. If a man did what some of them do, he'd be in jail. Beg? What for?

You're right. Millennials don't vote enough to end the reign of Boomers who continue to ruin the country.

This is the football forum, tho. Go Vols.

And take away from their Fortnite time? Bite your tongue

Jesus Christ this bleeding heart country is doomed.

So... In all seriousness, you would not be OK with your daughter getting paid to give campus tours to potential students and talking about the university?

What's the difference between this and any other job where attractiveness is a primary part of the job? Are parents of cheerleaders disgusting humans too?

VN Store

Back