Will disbanding Vol Hostess program hurt recruiting.

At the bottom of this announcement under Volunteer Team, UT states that Vol hostessing ends in August 2019.

https://admissions.utk.edu/volcorps/

Tough call here for UT. But, the conference and NCAA are reportedly looking at banning hostesses.
So, UT may just be acting proactively.
We are, of course, now nationally in the hashtag era of sexual harassment.
Men must be extremely careful both in words and deeds to make sure they are not subject to any charge of impropriety.
And, there’s always the subjection (whether real or imagined) that some schools hostesses do more than just “host” recruits to get them to commit and sign with schools.

I guess it has to end to protect all three groups involved, the athletes/hostesses/school from real or fake threats that could lead to lawsuits and high insurance payouts and premiums.

So, schools may now have nerdy computer geek type males hosting recruits that can help with their class work ? Nah.
Id say current athletes may now just be the only on campus hosts for recruits, I suppose.

I say this being completely serious....

If I was a single guy in today’s world I would have a one page document the girl must sign and she would have to also intial and date next to everything she is willing to do that night.

Just too much to lose and the innocent until proven guilty days are over.

I say this being completely serious....

If I was a single guy in today’s world I would have a one page document the girl must sign and should would have to also intial and date next to everything she is willing to do that night.

Just too much to lose and the innocent until proven guilty days are over.

Agree.
Draw a baseball ⚾️ diamond and she has to sign the bases that’s she’s willing to go to.
Might even want to get it witnessed and notarized before you come up to bat.

Reactions: AM64 and NEO
The answer is: Yes, it will hurt them against schools that still have the program, unless/until those programs reap the hashtag whirlwind themselves.

If the Volunteer Team photo in the OP’s link is reflective of other conference schools, the SEC eliminated hundreds of jobs held primarily by women and minorities in the name of social justice

Or just don't be a dbag
I am not sure your meaning, but the attacks on character can happen just because the girl in question isn’t penciled in as the one and only lifetime mate. This does not apply to all cases, but more than it should have recently.

One thing you gotta give Kiffin - he knows that quality blondes work wonders in recruiting. Paying them is a definite no-no but if people think there are not plenty of gals who would be all too happy to sign up for a "date" with a potential football star then they are blind to reality and who is using who. Plenty of babymammas in the world who are also looking for football to help them provide for their future.
Yeah, I remember Coradelle Patterson and his two hot "roomates" that moved in with him.

You're right...
They cry over everything, offended at anything that hurts their "fillins", dont know how many genders there are, and still live with mommy and daddy.

They're awesome people and contribute so much to society.
Stupid baby boomers and their logic

I don’t see anything wrong with that logic.

This won’t change a damn thing lol.. now it'll
Be the players/host who take them to the girls lol

Okay, since it seems that most on here truly does not know what the Host/Hostess program does. The students, yes male and female, have to go thru three interviews. They can be cut at anytime. In addition to a certain look, they must also know the
history of the school and have a good GPA. Many times the host/hostess is with the recruits family ( mother, father, brothers, sisters, etc.) more than with the recruits themselves.

Motivation for most (not all) is some of the perks. This includes among other things, hourly pay and early class registration and housing selection. Now, for those that have not been involved in any of these lately, that is a large motivation for doing this job in and of itself.

The reason for this action may or may not come to light. There is a reason that the SEC is the first and maybe the only conference to eliminate this program. If the rumor for this is true and it comes to be known to the public, there will be a major shake up in one of our East competitors coaching staff. Of course this is all rumor at the moment!
Which one is on .......nvm, wouldn't stop coming up as a link. Had to do with interview couches.

Don't click that as a link, I have no clue what it might be. Well, I have a clue but I haven't clicked it as a link. Well not as far as you know.

Bama has a similar program called
HO-Stuff... I think they use sheep...

Go VOLS!!!!

"We HATE it!"

tennessee-hostesses-byrnes-high.png

886979.jpg

a true VFL....

One less thing for the Social Justice Warriors to complain about. Sadly.

Yes. But as you can see, by pointing that out, you added one:
What a moronic statement. Please, from now on, let the adults talk about adult things. You can go play with your toys in the corner.

Remember kids. Social justice is a zero sum game.

Yes. But as you can see, by pointing that out, you added one:

Remember kids. Social justice is a zero sum game.

Look! Ya got a buddy to play with! Ya'll play nice and keep the micro-machines out of your mouths please...

VN Store

Back