Will disbanding Vol Hostess program hurt recruiting.

One thing you gotta give Kiffin - he knows that quality blondes work wonders in recruiting.

True, but ole Kiffy didn't start this mess. It's been going on for a while at many schools. Waving "pushy" at talented but hormone driven youngsters to get them committed to a program. I suspect but can't prove that it began with UCLA in the Wooden era if whispers back then have any legs. Then as other schools got wind of its success, it gradually spread. It went from hired hookers to campus cuties (who likely were also paid) but some like Louisville went back to hookers. Kiffy got sloppy, most schools are discreet until caught. Then administrators who more than likely know what was going on get all indignant and holy when the conduct is exposed and fire the coach and staff or some fall guy. Pay them off behind the scenes to keep their mouths shut.

Just have the frats supply dirty whores to the recruits. Every chapter has them at the ready. Or at least we did. Maybe Generation Outrage is more about foot rubs and dialogue, so that could be a problem.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
You're right. Millennials don't vote enough to end the reign of Boomers who continue to ruin the country.

This is the football forum, tho. Go Vols.
Ruin the Country. Hmmm. In 10 years, welcome to The EU. So you tell me who's doing what.

Just have the frats supply dirty whores to the recruits. Every chapter has them at the ready. Or at least we did. Maybe Generation Outrage is more about foot rubs and dialogue, so that could be a problem.
We can always count on you for the mature voice on the subject at hand.

At the bottom of this announcement under Volunteer Team, UT states that Vol hostessing ends in August 2019.

https://admissions.utk.edu/volcorps/

Tough call here for UT. But, the conference and NCAA are reportedly looking at banning hostesses.
So, UT may just be acting proactively.
We are, of course, now nationally in the hashtag era of sexual harassment.
Men must be extremely careful both in words and deeds to make sure they are not subject to any charge of impropriety.
And, there’s always the subjection (whether real or imagined) that some schools hostesses do more than just “host” recruits to get them to commit and sign with schools.

I guess it has to end to protect all three groups involved, the athletes/hostesses/school from real or fake threats that could lead to lawsuits and high insurance payouts and premiums.

So, schools may now have nerdy computer geek type males hosting recruits that can help with their class work ? Nah.
Id say current athletes may now just be the only on campus hosts for recruits, I suppose.

May not have Hostesses anymore but I bet our team Tutors are Smokin'!!!!!!

You mean they can’t dangle these young women like pieces of meat for sportsball crooting? Man, what’s the world coming to? Art and Kendall Briles are shaking their heads somewhere.

Yes, Because the girls signing up to be a Vol Hostess are doing so held at gunpoint and against their will. Maybe, and just some of you hear me out. Maybe they want to be a Vol Hostess. Gasp....

Mind blowing

The ncaa disappointed a lot of recruits when they took the ho out of hostess.

Last edited:
Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Okay, since it seems that most on here truly does not know what the Host/Hostess program does. The students, yes male and female, have to go thru three interviews. They can be cut at anytime. In addition to a certain look, they must also know the
history of the school and have a good GPA. Many times the host/hostess is with the recruits family ( mother, father, brothers, sisters, etc.) more than with the recruits themselves.

Motivation for most (not all) is some of the perks. This includes among other things, hourly pay and early class registration and housing selection. Now, for those that have not been involved in any of these lately, that is a large motivation for doing this job in and of itself.

The reason for this action may or may not come to light. There is a reason that the SEC is the first and maybe the only conference to eliminate this program. If the rumor for this is true and it comes to be known to the public, there will be a major shake up in one of our East competitors coaching staff. Of course this is all rumor at the moment!

VN Store

Back