Will Barnes Wear An Orange Sport Coat?

Pajamas in grocery stores is a little too far ill agree with that, but the professional stuff is just BS. You dont see a gym teacher wear a suit and tie because its not practical. Same thing for coaches when you have to jump and move around like they do.
On game days they don't move around so much. And it's a better look when they dress well. It reflects better on the university.
But as long as they don't look a complete slob I guess it's no huge deal.

On game days they don't move around so much. And it's a better look when they dress well. It reflects better on the university.
But as long as they don't look a complete slob I guess it's no huge deal.
Lmao. Nobody turns on a sporting event and goes boy he dresses well I'm going to that school. Such an archaic thought.

The Orange sport coats are great for fans and fan nostalgia. The wins over Kentucky and Vandy are better. I would like to see Rick in one, but also wouldn't mind if he never wears one. Just keep making Rupps Rafters the most fun place on the internet.
Yep. I'm an old fart so I really couldn't care less what a coach wears.

Imagine spending the rest of your life pining over a coach who will never return and who no other coach will ever live up to his inflated reputation.

Honestly, I don't understand why those kinds of people don't just become Auburn fans. If Tennessee basketball makes them so unhappy and Bruce Pearl gives them such a sense of fulfillment, it's really odd that they would eternally punish themselves with the convoluted belief that perhaps the prodigal son will ever return.

Such anguish that must be to hold inside.

I don't think this is what it is. I think the reason anybody other than true A-barn fans what to watch a Pearl team (of which I am one) is his teams create excitement. They may or may not win as many games as a Barnes lead UT team (of which I am a life long fan) but a Barnes team winning the NCAA would still be second in creating excitement,

It doesn’t bother me that they don’t dress anymore. But I do prefer it. And it’s not just coaches. I prefer when people dress. Kind of funny though, this is not a new topic at all. People have been dressing more “casually” over the course of centuries. Like from the days men wore powdered wigs and heels. Often it was a war or economic depression which resulted in public acceptance of more casual dress. I just wonder where it will eventually lead.

Eventually everyone will just look homeless
b7e019b6-7763-4a7a-9fd2-0fb560cd9555_text.gif

I don't think this is what it is. I think the reason anybody other than true A-barn fans what to watch a Pearl team (of which I am one) is his teams create excitement. They may or may not win as many games as a Barnes lead UT team (of which I am a life long fan) but a Barnes team winning the NCAA would still be second in creating excitement,
So, are you saying you value excitement>winning/championships???

That's exactly what I was about to ask. If a style/personality of a team creates more excitement than winning a championship then I give up trying to understand some fans.
I bet Virginia fans found a ton of excitement in winning a title three years ago, even if they play the most boring brand of basketball to get there. Auburn was probably stoked to make the Final 4 that same year, but Virginia fans enjoyed beating them all the same. Probably pretty exciting, too.

I bet Virginia fans found a ton of excitement in winning a title three years ago, even if they play the most boring brand of basketball to get there. Auburn was probably stoked to make the Final 4 that same year, but Virginia fans enjoyed beating them all the same. Probably pretty exciting, too.

What kills me is the orange colored hindsight. I liked the excitement Pearl brought but I also very vividly remember people starting to get very frustrated with is postseason performance. And I remember people complaining about the offense not really moving and guys standing around and taking bad shots; to the point that many were wondering if he had hit his ceiling here.

What kills me is the orange colored hindsight. I liked the excitement Pearl brought but I also very vividly remember people starting to get very frustrated with is postseason performance. And I remember people complaining about the offense not really moving and guys standing around and taking bad shots; to the point that many were wondering if he had hit his ceiling here.
We nearly made a final 4 in his second to last season, but that team was definitely much better defensively. Offensively the last 3 years were kind of stagnant.

Reactions: cncchris33
We nearly made a final 4 in his second to last season, but that team was definitely much better defensively. Offensively the last 3 years were kind of stagnant.

Yeah I should have said before the Eilte 8 run. But then again there was a lot of frustration with that season before we went on that postseason run. In fact that postseason run is what many people were waiting on so it kind of killed the talk.

Which I guess in that sense if Barnes made an Elite 8 run it would probably kill some talk about him too.

And that stagnant offense and frustration seemed to conincide with the arrival of the high 4* and 5* players and increased expectations brought along by winning with lesser talented players. Sound familiar?

Yeah I should have said before the Eilte 8 run. But then again there was a lot of frustration with that season before we went on that postseason run. In fact that postseason run is what many people were waiting on so it kind of killed the talk.

Which I guess in that sense if Barnes made an Elite 8 run it would probably kill some talk about him too.
Exactly. We were looked at as a sexy upset loser to Kawhi's San Diego State team in the first round. We were a 6-seed who finished the regular season 8-5 after a 15-2 start. This was the fallout of the now infamous New Year's Day arrest of Tyler Smith, Cam Tatum, Melvin Goins, and Brian Williams. Some fans were frustrated with both the play on the court and the perception of the player character off the court.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Exactly. We were looked at as a sexy upset loser to Kawhi's San Diego State team in the first round. We were a 6-seed who finished the regular season 8-5 after a 15-2 start. This was the fallout of the now infamous New Year's Day arrest of Tyler Smith, Cam Tatum, Melvin Goins, and Brian Williams. Some fans were frustrated with both the play on the court and the perception of the player character off the court.

People also seem to forget that we went into that NCAAT after an almost 30 point beatdown by UK in the SECT. And Ohio upset Georgetown in the first round.

Everybody needs to be their own self. Orange sport coats isn’t Barnes style. I’m ok with that. I’m not ok with a terrible offense with no direction.

So, are you saying you value excitement>winning/championships???

I am not saying that at all. First, we all know you only win a championship now and then. Second, most of the time a knowledgeable basketball fan has a pretty good idea if his team "can win it all". With this in mind, if he is left with watching a team that is "ho hum"
he is in for a long season. Now if his team is exciting to watch play win or lose, is this not a better season experience than "ho hum"?

I am not saying that at all. First, we all know you only win a championship now and then. Second, most of the time a knowledgeable basketball fan has a pretty good idea if his team "can win it all". With this in mind, if he is left with watching a team that is "ho hum"
he is in for a long season. Now if his team is exciting to watch play win or lose, is this not a better season experience than "ho hum"?

This is not at all what you said in the other post. You literally said

Now you're trying to say you're comparing "ho-hum" to "exciting"; which btw I still disagree with the notion that being "exciting but losing" > "ho hum but winning"; which seems to be your argument now.

357 teams are going to be left without a championship in the end. You can still win at a high level and not win the title. So, would I rather see us play a boring offense, elite defense and go 22-8 versus an exciting offense, skeptical defense and go 18-12 and possibly sweat making the NCAAT? Absolutely. Neither team is likely a threat to win it all, but I put a great value on winning, and I've never subscribed to the theory that the regular season doesn't matter.

And as VSF said above, it seems as if you're rebranding your original statement, which seemed to be universally read as though you valued entertainment above winning. Perhaps it was just poorly worded on your part.

VN Store

Back