Wildcat formation???

Wildcat formation is really dumb. Other posters have already noted it, but the formation fools no one as it is quite literally almost always a standard run play. When the wildcat first got adopted, I saw some more creativity and occasionally passes, but that really doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. It’s a waste of a down unless you have an elite OL because the defense clearly knows what you’re about to do.

I prefer mixing in more of the speed option we saw last week in the red zone. That would be far more useful to adopt more of in our offense. The wildcat is stupid.

No one said anything about Wildcat "Offense "
Just a wrinkle to change up the defense. And the Wildcat has never been about fooling anyone. It's 11 on 11 truly. So there's very little deception.

Every defense knows what's coming in that formation. It's whether you can stop it regardless, or not.

That’s my point though. How often do we actually see the jump pass or something other than a run now? Feels like hardly ever. I know I certainly don’t remember us using it. For that reason alone, the wildcat package is dumb if there is no creativity to it.

I believe Tennessee ran the wild pig a handful of times but I’m not completely sure.

I have an idea guys. We have one of the most effective offenses in the nation. Let's try something different. I'm sure nothing bad will happen. Yes, it is sarcasm.

Butch Jones called a good play every now and then. That doesn't mean I want to see him on the sideline for a quarter.

iu

Reactions: rocytop2624
Milton is NOT a running qb.... the guy doesn't like contact

I don't know if I would go so far as to say he doesn't like contact, but you are right that he's not a running QB. He's a good enough athlete that he probably could be, but it's not been a significant part of his game in the past.

Some people think we should use Milton like UF used Tebow his freshman year. Problem is, Milton has not shown the physicality running the ball that is required for running the wildcat. Yes, he's huge, but there is more to running physically than being big. I don't know if Fant would be a good option, but he is the only one on Offense I could think of. Jeremy Banks is the most obvious answer, imo, to running the wildcat, but I'm not sure you want him causing extra collisions unless you are comfortable with our LB depth.

Unfortunately Banks can’t hold onto the ball, bad case of the dropsies. That’s why he plays LB.

Reactions: volinSmyrna

VN Store

Back