Widespread Panic

Mr_Henley

Any fans here? I'm a new convert. My iPhone consists of Jamey Johnson, ZZ Top, Bruce Springsteen, Alter Bridge, and other random assortment.

My brother is a die hard fan, was at their NC concert few nights ago. Tall Boy and Blackout Blues are two early favorites for me. They are really starting to grow on me. JB is the man.

Loved them in college. I'm pretty sure I saw 10+ in a four year period.
My favorite was the 4/20 show (I think it was 2001) at Cherokee fairgrounds in Knoxville.

Get the first Live in the Classic City. Good start for you. I can't tell you how many times I have played Ain't Life Grand in my lifetime. I haven't listened to them in several years, but I think I will revisit some of my favs if the cds can still play.

Spring Tour dates are out now. Looks like they will be in Nashville on May 3-4.

Great band, especially live. I've seen them many times. Some people have an unfair bias against them due to some of their prototypical pot-friendly modern-day hippie following. I could care less about that -- I just like good music.

great band. sounds the same as in 1990

when mikey houser died iyam the band essentially did likewise.

originally wasnt going to post, but a buddy who just happens to be a music snob essentially dared me that i wouldnt. he thinks panic fans are poseurs

fyi i gave up wsp for bluegrass long ago, would encourage the same

when mikey houser died iyam the band essentially did likewise.

originally wasnt going to post, but a buddy who just happens to be a music snob essentially dared me that i wouldnt. he thinks panic fans are poseurs

fyi i gave up wsp for bluegrass long ago, would encourage the same

You and your buddy sound wild and crazy. He will be so proud of you when he sees your post on here. Be careful, he may double-dog dare you to touch a boob on the school bus tomorrow too while you walk up and down the isle trying to be a little badass telling people what they should and shouldn't like.

Reactions: 1 person
You and your buddy sound wild and crazy. He will be so proud of you when he sees your post on here. Be careful, he may double-dog dare you to touch a boob on the school bus tomorrow too while you walk up and down the isle trying to be a little badass telling people what they should and shouldn't like.

I thought spreadheads were s'posed to be about peace, love, and other crap like that?

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds like you already have preconceived ideas so why bother with a crappy answer.

So you don't have senses of humor either? The Spreadheads I've chilled with took the "your favorite band sounds so generic" joke a lot better.

Or, wait... were they Dave Matthews fans or Umphrey's fans?

So you don't have senses of humor either? The Spreadheads I've chilled with took the "your favorite band sounds so generic" joke a lot better.

Or Phish fans?

They aren't my favorite band. They were about 15 years ago.

They aren't my favorite band. They were about 15 years ago.

So you don't have senses of humor either? The Spreadheads I've chilled with took the "your favorite band from 15 years ago still sounds so generic" joke a lot better.

So you don't have senses of humor either? The Spreadheads I've chilled with took the "your favorite band from 15 years ago still sounds so generic" joke a lot better.

I have a great sense of humor but I don't find you too funny. I find your demeaning comments a little generic.

have seen about 10 shows. have had a blast at all of them, and would have to say favorite song is climb to safety.

have seen about 10 shows. have had a blast at all of them, and would have to say favorite song is climb to safety.

First heard them play climb to safety in 95 in a small bar in Denver. Weird night to say the least...

Been seeing them since 1997 at World's Fair Park. Been to over 100 shows since. I'll be catching them in the Dominican Republic here in about 11 days!!!! With UT being terrible the last few years, these boys are about the only thing keeping me sane.

Been seeing them since 1997 at World's Fair Park. Been to over 100 shows since. I'll be catching them in the Dominican Republic here in about 11 days!!!! With UT being terrible the last few years, these boys are about the only thing keeping me sane.

You have no idea how jealous I am. Beach at day, panic at night. Man that sounds awesome.

First heard them play climb to safety in 95 in a small bar in Denver. Weird night to say the least...

Hate to bust your memories but Climb debuted in 96 and was played twice that year (Boulder and Aspen).

Luvmuscle-
I was real close to going to the Hard Rock this year. Im jealous. Ive been to a few Holidaze trips and always have a good time with the Cloud9 folks.

VN Store

Back