Why would anybody want to be the OC here

I would gladly accept the job should they offer. I'll work for half of the lowest offer of any of the other candidates. Phil don't pass this bargain up. I won't let you down. My family have been Tennesseeans since the 1800's. We bleed orange.

My boy Tor, I was Facebook friends with him. Dude is absolutely insane. For those of you wondering, hes the guy in the bath tub. And yes, that's a real picture. Just YouTube him.

Well, it's partly real. Yes, that dude was taking an ice bath in Norway. I swapped his head out for Freeze's and I added the girl with the UT hat. So it's a doctored real pic :cool:

Popcorn Sutton's Moonshine
814916d11d9a78ef76ce91932f367293--popcorn.jpg

1) Because Tennessee is one of the top historic programs in the country.

2) We can recruit top athletes from anywhere in the country.

3) We have some of the best facilities, fan support, and student/athlete support staff.

4) We finally have a talented head coach who will put even more guys in the NFL.

5) Because we are the most hungry program in the country to win. Win here again and you will be a hero for life.

Can we stop acting like Tennessee is a second class school? Every program has down periods including every team in the playoffs. We are coming back, so have a great OC come in and tell the football nation to look out.
6) black cleats add at least 2 wins per season
7) old school, no gimmicks jerseys add at least 0 wins

I’ve been trying to keep up with the OC search as much as possible. As a career move, what’s the pros of taking this job? God awful line. Slow over rated receivers who are bad route runners and can’t do much besides a quick slant or throw it up fade routes and hope for the best. No depth at any position. Best running back gets hurt often and wouldn’t see the field at bama or Georgia. Qb is mediocre at his absolute best. Can’t read a defense, see a blitz coming, ball always comes out late but tough as nails. Knowing the line is bad and freshman can’t win upfront in the sec means the offense will be bad next year no matter who the coach is. Why would a coach come to a school with no weapons to play with, no line, no qb (unless jt is secretly great). No matter the coach we hire or the recruits we bring in we’re going to be bad on offense next year and our crazy fans will want to run the OC out of town like we did to Helton this year before he got hired away. It’s a no win situation with everything to lose. Seems like a bad career move to me. Whoever we get will have nothing to play with next year and our fan base who doesn’t understand sec football and stability will be ready to fire whoever it is after the first game. Im in no way saying Helton was a good OC or bad because he never had any talent to play with and you’re pretty limited in what you can do when your gun has no bullets.

Let's post more threads like this, that always helps =/

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Top reasons to be OC at UT.

1) Money - We'll pay a lot of it.
2) Ego - The challenge of turning us around.
3) Friendship - I'm sure Pruitt has a Friend that would take the job if need be.

I’ve been trying to keep up with the OC search as much as possible. As a career move, what’s the pros of taking this job? God awful line. Slow over rated receivers who are bad route runners and can’t do much besides a quick slant or throw it up fade routes and hope for the best. No depth at any position. Best running back gets hurt often and wouldn’t see the field at bama or Georgia. Qb is mediocre at his absolute best. Can’t read a defense, see a blitz coming, ball always comes out late but tough as nails. Knowing the line is bad and freshman can’t win upfront in the sec means the offense will be bad next year no matter who the coach is. Why would a coach come to a school with no weapons to play with, no line, no qb (unless jt is secretly great). No matter the coach we hire or the recruits we bring in we’re going to be bad on offense next year and our crazy fans will want to run the OC out of town like we did to Helton this year before he got hired away. It’s a no win situation with everything to lose. Seems like a bad career move to me. Whoever we get will have nothing to play with next year and our fan base who doesn’t understand sec football and stability will be ready to fire whoever it is after the first game. Im in no way saying Helton was a good OC or bad because he never had any talent to play with and you’re pretty limited in what you can do when your gun has no bullets.

I can think of 1.2 million reasons right off hand...

Reactions: preacherwebb
The dummies are the ones that think an incoming OC wouldn't love to have a returning starting qb who completed 62% plus with a 140 plus rating and 4/1 ratio playing one of the toughest schedules in his first full year of starting.
This must be D4H....who has now morphed into J4H.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
You forgot to mention a coach who acts like Nick Saban. Stands over your shoulder on the sidelines screaming at you the whole time to "run the dam ball".
Dat's something for any future OC to take into consideration. Would K.Briles put up with Pruitt's hard-nose ways...or any other decent OC? I try to accept some degree of frustration to be vented on the sideline but that behavior needs to be limited in a public setting. It may very well be the competitive spirit coming out of Pruitt and that only makes it more acceptable.
As dear old grandad said, "It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun!"

Great Post I literally said the same thing the other what Top flight or up and coming OC wants to come here..

To be part of a program going from a 4-8 record to a National Championship in 5 years.
I totally WISH that would happen but sadly it probably won’t lol. Pruitt will be lucky if he’s still the coach after his 5th year if he gets that far. We will see what he does after year 3....

VN Store

Back