Why would anybody want to be the OC here

The dummies are the ones that think an incoming OC wouldn't love to have a returning starting qb who completed 62% plus with a 140 plus rating and 4/1 ratio playing one of the toughest schedules in his first full year of starting.

Same 3 cherry-picked stats every time you post, without even a hint of context.

TYUf.gif

Same 3 cherry-picked stats every time you post, without even a hint of context.
Give him more attempts then the "bad" stats all become good. Rate and ratio stats tell the efficiency of the quarterback.

The coaching and blocking kept the attempts low.

Keep pretending an OC coming in won't be happy to have an accurate, efficient qb who doesn't turn the ball over.

Reactions: Devo182
If an OC comes here and succeeds, everyone media other schools etc will notice. Because we have been so bad, offensive improvement will appear larger and be more widely impactful in terms of being hyped and recognized.
This would a huge proving ground for future HC jobs.
I think anyone can win with bamas players. Come in a turn this hot mess around and you will look like the chosen one.
It actually makes a great deal of sense to me.

1) Because Tennessee is one of the top historic programs in the country.

2) We can recruit top athletes from anywhere in the country.

3) We have some of the best facilities, fan support, and student/athlete support staff.

4) We finally have a talented head coach who will put even more guys in the NFL.

5) Because we are the most hungry program in the country to win. Win here again and you will be a hero for life.

Can we stop acting like Tennessee is a second class school? Every program has down periods including every team in the playoffs. We are coming back, so have a great OC come in and tell the football nation to look out.

Well why would you with so many negavols like this one?? lmao

Let's see..we have some stud receivers returning, 2 good RBs, and 5th best qb in the league with only room to improve.

Why did our “stud receivers” have terrible numbers, not make the all sec first or second team, and not on any draft boards. Because Calloway and Jennings are slow af. Anybody with eyes can see that. But you’re probably one of the fans that called slow ass tkj a stud too 🙄

… our fan base who doesn’t understand sec football and stability will be ready to fire whoever it is after the first game. Im in no way saying Helton was a good OC or bad because he never had any talent to play with and you’re pretty limited in what you can do when your gun has no bullets.
End of thread
Money...that is all.
Why not, you get awesome unemployment benefits after 3 years
Aside from the quoted $$$$ and retirement benefits which are good enough reasons, giving a good ol' pistol whipping is somewhat satisfying when you're out of ammo!

1) Because Tennessee is one of the top historic programs in the country.

2) We can recruit top athletes from anywhere in the country.

3) We have some of the best facilities, fan support, and student/athlete support staff.

4) We finally have a talented head coach who will put even more guys in the NFL.

5) Because we are the most hungry program in the country to win. Win here again and you will be a hero for life.

Can we stop acting like Tennessee is a second class school? Every program has down periods including every team in the playoffs. We are coming back, so have a great OC come in and tell the football nation to look out.

Unfortunely in 2018 we are a second class program. No recruit has ever seen us win the sec. the other stuff you said is spot on but our fan base after a couple games will want to run off the OC and not give him time to do any of that.

Because his wife left him for her best friend and he feels like a loser and can relate to Tennessee's downward spiral.

1544144395290.gif

Reactions: HonestVol24
They keep selling our "storied" program down the river and eventually "stories" is all that will be left.

It’s hard enough seeing all of our highlights in standard definition. If I had a dollar for everytime an opposing fan said in the stadium this year “don’t y’all have any highlights in high def” I’d have about 7 bucks.

Reactions: OneVolNation
I'd walk away from my job tomorrow and be OC for 1 season.

Why wouldn't you take it??

I’ve been trying to keep up with the OC search as much as possible. As a career move, what’s the pros of taking this job? God awful line. Slow over rated receivers who are bad route runners and can’t do much besides a quick slant or throw it up fade routes and hope for the best. No depth at any position. Best running back gets hurt often and wouldn’t see the field at bama or Georgia. Qb is mediocre at his absolute best. Can’t read a defense, see a blitz coming, ball always comes out late but tough as nails. Knowing the line is bad and freshman can’t win upfront in the sec means the offense will be bad next year no matter who the coach is. Why would a coach come to a school with no weapons to play with, no line, no qb (unless jt is secretly great). No matter the coach we hire or the recruits we bring in we’re going to be bad on offense next year and our crazy fans will want to run the OC out of town like we did to Helton this year before he got hired away. It’s a no win situation with everything to lose. Seems like a bad career move to me. Whoever we get will have nothing to play with next year and our fan base who doesn’t understand sec football and stability will be ready to fire whoever it is after the first game. Im in no way saying Helton was a good OC or bad because he never had any talent to play with and you’re pretty limited in what you can do when your gun has no bullets.
With all this why are you still a fan? maybe they want the challenge of SEC football or get back into the SEC . No place to go but up too! I know its been a tough decade but surely the tide will turn hopefully.

VN Store

Back