Why were people upset with the ESPN coverage?

I have excellent speeds of 20 up and 200 down with a ping at 25 secs and still lost it
Wireless, maybe? What it sounds like to me. I'm a streamer and have hard ethernet lines run to all my smart tv's, which you may have also, IDK. Wireless is terrible for streaming, almost anything can interfere, and it is UDP so it is "best effort." If a packet get's dropped in transit over air, you're hosed and typically have to reset to reestablish the stream.

If you have a basic cable or satellite subscription, you should be able to view the games on the app right?

A top 5 team should be on a regular channel and not only on an app, especially since not everyone has a smart TV or a streaming stick or device. It showed a complete lack of respect.

And before I get criticized for being old and out of touch, I’m 43 and watched them on the ESPN app through a Roku streaming stick.

A top 5 team should be on a regular channel and not an app, especially since not everyone has a smart TV or a streaming stick or device. It showed a complete lack of respect.

And before I get criticized for being old and out of touch, I’m 43 and watched them on the ESPN app through a Roku streaming stick.

Keep doing what we are doing, give them no option.

#crashtheparty!

Reactions: EezyE
Was a shame our Vols weren’t on a regular ESPN channel and lower ranked teams were. Makes me hate LSU more and ready to see us kick their ass!

A top 5 team should be on a regular channel and not only on an app, especially since not everyone has a smart TV or a streaming stick or device. It showed a complete lack of respect.

Streaming video is the fastest growing media source.

It won't be long before you can't differentiate between streaming and traditional broadcast.

If you don't have a reliable source for streaming, you'll miss more and more content every year.

I have direct TV and it boots me off the app randomly saying my provider package doesn’t allow access to the network while I literally watching ESPNU on the tv in the other room

I'm certainly not an expert so don't know where you go from here.

I will say that this year, some weeks, I watched college baseball 5 or even six nights a week. All streaming.

Many were quality streams that you couldn't differentiate from traditional braodcast,

If you enjoy college sports, find a reliable streaming source and enjoy.

Last edited:
I'm certainly not an expert so don't know were you go from here.

I will say that this year, some weeks, I watched college baseball 5 or even six nights a week. All streaming.

Many were quality streams that you couldn't differentiate from traditional braodcast,

If you enjoy college sports, find a reliable streaming source and enjoy.

Agree, the streaming of college baseball games this season was fantastic. I'd prefer a regular network but there is no way you can see that many games without streaming service. It will be the future of television, its almost there now........

Agree, the streaming of college baseball games this season was fantastic. I'd prefer a regular network but there is no way you can see that many games without streaming service. It will be the future of television, its almost there now........

If you are a college baseball fan, it’s a must, or softball or basketball...and it’s cheap.

Reactions: txbo

It won't be long before you can't differentiate between streaming and traditional broadcast.

If you don't have a reliable source for streaming, you'll miss more and more content every year.
You can always tell who is streaming by their delayed reactions in the game day thread.

Reactions: vol66

Streaming advertising is cheaper, measurable, targetable, and guaranteed number of impressions.

Many of the most targetable age demographic only stream.

More and more of the most desireable content will be streaming in the near furure. Advertisers will insist on it.

Last edited:
I’m thankful for the games on my TV, PC, or iPad. The announcers just are not good enough to cover their prejudices for and against teams, cities, states, and regions. Tennessee is not in the top ten percent of most schools success wise and there you go. The internet had little effect on 1998 natty. It has a huge impact on sports today. Go Vols. Be the giant killers. Wear that chip well and play like you want it really bad.

Reactions: SmokinBob
If you are a college baseball fan, it’s a must, or softball or basketball...and it’s cheap.
ESPN + is a great bargain at about seven bucks a month. I got to watch tons of college baseball and got to do some early “scouting“ of the guys playing for our summer league team this summer. I stayed up till 1 AM one night watching Long Beach State play to see a couple of our players.

I completely agree with you. We dropped our cable in 2019 and went to a streaming service. I like being able to pick and choose what games I want instead of what games the networks choose for me to watch, but there’s still a lot of people who have not migrated over to streaming.

We weren't on the real channels bc of who we were playing. Not exactly massive fan bases.

We weren't on the real channels bc of who we were playing. Not exactly massive fan bases.

Ours either...but ya gotta start somewhere, and here we GoooooooLEGOooooooooooooooooooooooooopopooopppppp!

VN Store

Back