Why we should be optimistic....

Webbvol32

Back in Blackhouse
I see so much negativity on here,it is sickening. Why? We have gotten rid of the most asinine coach in UT history. We have hired a proven winner that is passionate about Tennessee. We return virtually our entire team except Bray,CP,and Hunter. We have a coach that knows how to utilize the talent we have. We have a LOT of talent. We are going to have more after NSD. Do yall not remember the turnarounds when we hired Cutcliffe back after 05 and when we hired Kiffin in 09? COACHES MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD! I honestly believe we`ll win 10 games next season. We will have the best offensive line in the nation. We have 2 RBs that will have progressed tremendously under Graham`s tutelage. We have a load of talent at the WR position,although it lacks experience. We have 3 QBs who will compete for the starting job. I believe Worley and Peterman will turn out to be great QBs. We are switching back to the 4-3 and our D personnel will greatly benefit from this. We are going to have an awesome D and running game for sure. That`s what wins championships. We have an outstanding,brilliant,and extremely hard-working coach now. We are on the rise. We will surprise the entire nation this fall. I say we`ll go 10-3. I`m very optimistic. Will yall tell me why yall are optimistic or a negateer? GO VOLS!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 16 people
I'm more of a "Logivol". And logic tells me that 7 wins next year and a bowl would be an accomplishment.

Reactions: 17 people
Where is the running game coming from? A new qb n unknown rec corp????

Def better yes but off will have to prove it.

I see so much negativity on here,it is sickening. Why? We have gotten rid of the most asinine coach in UT history. We have hired a proven winner that is passionate about Tennessee. We return virtually our entire team except Bray,CP,and Hunter. We have a coach that knows how to utilize the talent we have. We have a LOT of talent. We are going to have more after NSD. Do yall not remember the turnarounds when we hired Cutcliffe back after 05 and when we hired Kiffin in 09? COACHES MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD! I honestly believe we`ll win 10 games next season. We will have the best offensive line in the nation. We have 2 RBs that will have progressed tremendously under Graham`s tutelage. We have a load of talent at the WR position,although it lacks experience. We have 3 QBs who will compete for the starting job. I believe Worley and Peterman will turn out to be great QBs. We are switching back to the 4-3 and our D personnel will greatly benefit from this. We are going to have an awesome D and running game for sure. That`s what wins championships. We have an outstanding,brilliant,and extremely hard-working coach now. We are on the rise. We will surprise the entire nation this fall. I say we`ll go 10-3. I`m very optimistic. Will yall tell me why yall are optimistic or a negateer? GO VOLS!
Have you seen our schedule? I agree the glass is way more than half full but it will take some time to rise to the top. I will be happy with 7 -8 wins next year. More important than that ... I want to see us playing with a UNITED mental toughness. I'm old enough to remember how Tennessee grew under Majors! We are not as far away as back then but a lot of work needs to be done. I like your optimism though! GBO!!!

Reactions: 5 people
The work CBJ and staff has done in recruiting has me optimistic. At least we are not watering the bamboo now!!:clapping:

Reactions: 1 person
Correction: Kiffin was the most asinine coach but Dooley was definitely the most asinine hire.

Im glad you honestly believe we will win 10 games, have the best O-line in the nation, have an "awesome D" and running game. Good attitude but entirely unrealistic. Also whats this guff about an outstanding, brilliant, extremely hard working coach. Give him some time to prove himself before you proclaim him a saint. When the chips are down I will begin to gather some reasonable expectations. But for now, its a bit too early for expectations. Especially great expectations.

I'm more of a "Logivol". And logic tells me that 7 wins next year and a bowl would be an accomplishment.

This. Take a look at our schedule this year. If we get 7, and a bowl win, I'll be very happy with 8 - 5. It will show true progress, and then Butch needs to build on it each year.

Sad there are people in our fanbase that feel that way.

I swear we never learn here on volnation. We will not win ten games. I respect the positivity and optimism but a few well written articles doesn't all the sudden make us an sec contender and improve our abysmal defense from last yr. We are losing are top 4 weapons (bray cp hunter Rivera). Our d-line got thinner with the loss of sentimore. We have a whole new coaching staff and defensive scheme. No matter if these kids play better under the 4-3, it will require yet another adjustment. And oh don't forget who we play this year not just in conference but out. I want us to win ten games as much as the next but let's be realistic. Even Gruden with a top five class wouldn't have won us ten IMO. (What would a post be without a Gruden mention)

CBJ has won at schools with less talent because...

"CBJ has won at schools with less talent because of the schools he has coached at. I can't wait to see how good he is with top 20 or better recruiting classes at UT it will be alot easier for him to..."

Somebody said the above on another post ,,, just sayin ...
:)

Last edited:
Seven wins is realistic, eight is possible. We definitely have seven winnable games on next year's schedule. If we can find an upset somewhere along the way, we could be looking at a possible nine win season with a favorable bowl draw. That would be a spectacular four game swing if pulled off. There are some nice pieces in place, and if this coaches can close this cycle with a strong recruiting class, this may be a winning program for the first time since 2009. I would be thrilled with that. I certainly don't have any negative feelings about this coaching staff or next year's team; I haven't been given any reason for skepticism.

Reactions: 5 people
Thanks OP for your enthusiasm...

I am optimistic that
all you have posted could come to be,
given a little luck to go with the
talent that our new staff has to work with.

Let's hope...
but if it doesn't pan out I want to be
able to look back at the 2013 season and
say we gave it our best shot...no matter the outcome.

I want to be able to say that our staff coached up as
many players as they could.

We didn't "quit playing" during a game.

We had a team that fought both
on and off the field to be the best!!

Go VOLS!!!

Reactions: 4 people
10-3 isn't absolutely out of the question. Only 2 really guaranteed losses in Alabama and Oregon. However, I wouldn't be too shocked to see us go 3-9 next year either. I agree that I'd be happy with an 8-5 season. Even 7-6 given the schedule.

10-3 isn't absolutely out of the question. Only 2 really guaranteed losses in Alabama and Oregon. However, I wouldn't be too shocked to see us go 3-9 next year either. I agree that I'd be happy with an 8-5 season. Even 7-6 given the schedule.

i'd vote for a couple more

Seven wins is realistic, eight is possible. We definitely have seven winnable games on next year's schedule. If we can find an upset somewhere along the way, we could be looking at a possible nine win season with a favorable bowl draw. That would be a spectacular four game swing if pulled off. There are some nice pieces in place, and if this coaches can close this cycle with a strong recruiting class, this may be a winning program for the first time since 2009. I would be thrilled with that. I certainly don't have any negative feelings about this coaching staff or next year's team; I haven't been given any reason for skepticism.

Well, well, well. Look who's returned from the dead.

Welcome back, Ghost. :good!:

We have gotten rid of the most asinine coach in UT history. We have hired a proven winner who is passionate about Tennessee. We return virtually our entire team, except Bray,CP,and Hunter. We have a coach who knows how to utilize the talent we have. We have a LOT of talent. We are going to have more after NSD. Do y'all not remember the turnarounds when we hired Cutcliffe back after '05 and when we hired Kiffin in '09?

You must not remember Wade Houston. Kiffin was asinine. Dooley was only inept.

:good!:It would be nice just to see a halftime adjustment again. plus just improved week to week, i will settle for that, thats not asking much.

We return virtually our entire team except for the ones who pretty much scored all of the points.

Reactions: 2 people
New QB, new Offense scheme, going back to 4-3 Defense. 7 or 8 wins next year. We got to remember that our coaching sucked on both O&D last year. I'm full Butch though. I heard that Sunseri was taking a part time job at Knoxville zoo scooping up camel crap.:)

i'd vote for a couple more

Only other one I would even consider would be Florida, but just given that we were able to hang with every other team last year, I'm willing to give a little benefit of a doubt.

VN Store

Back