Why we hate Vandy

It's been years since I've been there to men or women's game but the whistler used to be really annoying. Vol fans would just holler the whole game to keep from hearing that shrill annoying sound.

Phil Cox made me hate Vandy. I liked the 1970s teams with the F troop. I remember in the early 70s, they won the title despite an ass kicking we gave them at the end of the season in Nashville. If Bama hadn't lost too on the same night, Vandy would have had a split

I don't hate Vandy. I lot of my Mom's family went there and received very good educations. REMEMBER, NEYLAND WAS HIRED WITH SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS TO BEAT VANDERBILT IN FOOTBALL. Boston College used also to beat us in the 1940s
hate is a very STRONG word. Do you REALLY hate them? I'll get close with strong dislike for the opponent. Why? They want to beat us. After we beat them I'll have lunch or dinner and kindly let them pay..ha! The point is they are not China or other world powers who REALLY hate us. So perspective...

I don't hate Vandy. I lot of my Mom's family went there and received very good educations. REMEMBER, NEYLAND WAS HIRED WITH SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS TO BEAT VANDERBILT IN FOOTBALL. Boston College used also to beat us in the 1940s
I used to pull for Vandy when they were not playing Tennessee. I liked CM Newton and the Will Perdue, Billy McCaffery era. They used to show a lot of games on a local Nashville cable channel that we picked up. I would get more Vandy games than UT games back then.

Ray Meares was hired to be competitive with Kentucky, beat them on occasions, and to beat Vanderbilt regularly

VN Store

Back