Why the surprise....this game

Advol

Mirrored this entire season.
QB changes. Bad play calling, Commotion. Ups and Downs. Stupid penalties. Couple of great plays and W.
Looked like this ALL season.
A W is a W.
Get the recruits on campus, stay out of trouble and go to work.
We beat Oklahoma in Sept!!

QB changes. Bad play calling, Commotion. Ups and Downs. Stupid penalties. Couple of great plays and W.
A W is a W.
not unless we get our QB (who ever it is) playing consistent winning football. This game should have been over at half time...but great job fighting and pulling out the W.

I am not a JG basher, but, I think he should move on. If he does, I predict it will all fall into place for him. He's living in the forest and can't see it for the trees. I say this because of his apparent need to get outside the game on the sidelines in order to get his perspective.

I love the win...but I think it's obvious we need a new QB. JG made some plays...fine. But he also had numerous overthrows...a horrible pick 6 right after we had gotten a HUGE return that got us into their territory and big momentum. He's had way too many bad games to be trusted as our starting QB going forward. Unfortunately...Maurer didn't look any better. We NEED HB to come in and be the hero next year.

Reactions: njvols and Vol Main
A W is a W.

There was nothing wrong with the plays. JG was missing high on receivers all night and throwing right into double/triple coverage. If he checks down or simply throws the ball away, the game is completely different. JG gave 10 points to IU with his two picks. I remember at least two TDs missed to Calloway and Palmer on separate drives that were too high. Our o line was getting pushed around too much by an inferior d line. The narrative of JC’s play calling changes if our QB is accurate/smart & o line plays with more physicality. We will not beat Sooners unless we have tremendous improvement at QB position. If JG is under center in 2020 then we are essentially an 8-4 team IMO. Can JG take that next step, or will it be HB?

Good Recruits...…….(Not necessary 4-5Stars) and Coaching will improve improve improve this team.
But let us NOT get crazy....…..we aint BACK (whatever that means) Yet!

I love the win...but I think it's obvious we need a new QB. JG made some plays...fine. But he also had numerous overthrows...a horrible pick 6 right after we had gotten a HUGE return that got us into their territory and big momentum. He's had way too many bad games to be trusted as our starting QB going forward. Unfortunately...Maurer didn't look any better. We NEED HB to come in and be the hero next year.

The bold is the part in don't think a lot of fans understand. Trust your 5th year senior quarterback next year until HB is ready to take the rains. And yes, maybe Maurer gets better, but I think JGs ceiling as a 5th year senior is higher than Maurer's as a true sophomore.

VN Store

Back