Why the demand for a rush hire?

The fans want a great hire that makes a statement as to who we are. WE ARE TENNESSEE!!! We take no backseat to nobody, But as of late we have been a sissy boy to the SEC. We are a desperate fanbase who wants to get back to the top. That's why we want a hire completed like yesterday. We feel like we can't wait due to the fact that we started our search before everyone else and are still the only team that hasn't got a hire. We started before USC (Kingsbury), Charlotte (Will Healy), Maryland (Locksley), Colorado (Tucker), L'Ville (Satterfield), OSU (Day), Kansas (Lindsey), Houston's new deal w/Briles, Tulane (Hall), UMASS (Bell from FSU), and Bowling Green (Malone). These are just in the last few days.

My take is that CJP is getting an NFL guy, and that's why he's in no hurry to sign an OC. There has to be a solid verbal agreement with someone and some recruits and players only know about but can't say.

The fans want a great hire that makes a statement as to who we are. WE ARE TENNESSEE!!! We take no backseat to nobody, But as of late we have been a sissy boy to the SEC. We are a desperate fanbase who wants to get back to the top. That's why we want a hire completed like yesterday. We feel like we can't wait due to the fact that we started our search before everyone else and are still the only team that hasn't got a hire. We started before USC (Kingsbury), Charlotte (Will Healy), Maryland (Locksley), Colorado (Tucker), L'Ville (Satterfield), OSU (Day), Kansas (Lindsey), Houston's new deal w/Briles, Tulane (Hall), UMASS (Bell from FSU), and Bowling Green (Malone). These are just in the last few days.

My take is that CJP is getting an NFL guy, and that's why he's in no hurry to sign an OC. There has to be a solid verbal agreement with someone and some recruits and players only know about but can't say.

Accepting the fact that "We are Tennessee" is the hardest part, because in the last decade or more Tennessee hasn't been squat.

Man, this has been fun! Some of the posts and conversation on here are hilariously funny.

Frieze interviewed with Tennessee and got the job, but asked to see how the Bama OC thing turned out. Pruitt said sure. Happens all the time in business.

Can anyone blame Frieze? The Bama gig is a golden ticket right back to the top. Can anyone blame Pruitt? Freize is a top notch OC, definitely worth waiting for! Let's see how it plays out.

The catch is....if Bama doesn't hire Frieze, and the Vols don't hire him...and the OC search somehow rolls into this weekend???....then we have no choice but to start burning mattresses!

So I considered starting a thread but decided it could be answered in one of the a billionty threads regarding the OC hire . What would the reaction be if Mcelwain (jaws humper ) was hired as the new OC? He is certainly a bit of an odd donkey.... but he was also very highly sought after once he was ready to move on from Alabama . For the record I am not advocating it but I also think that we could do a lot worse .
Alligator rider has already been hired as a head coach elsewhere.

Man, this has been fun! Some of the posts and conversation on here are hilariously funny.

Frieze interviewed with Tennessee and got the job, but asked to see how the Bama OC thing turned out. Pruitt said sure. Happens all the time in business.

Can anyone blame Frieze? The Bama gig is a golden ticket right back to the top. Can anyone blame Pruitt? Freize is a top notch OC, definitely worth waiting for! Let's see how it plays out.

The catch is....if Bama doesn't hire Frieze, and the Vols don't hire him...and the OC search somehow rolls into this weekend???....then we have no choice but to start burning mattresses!

Frieze? Frieze? Really!?!?! Everyone needs to sleep and get rest off of this website. The natives are going crazy..... credibility on this post has to be considered. What say you VN?

Reactions: AM64
Frieze? Frieze? Really!?!?! Everyone needs to sleep and get rest off of this website. The natives are going crazy..... credibility on this post has to be considered. What say you VN?

Pruitt was smart to wait on Frieze but Bama is the better route to getting a HC seat next year, Maybe at Auburn! That would be fun!

No way in hell you tell recruits a name of an OC that is coming and something doesn't get leaked, absolutely no way.

But with the heavy negative side of our fan base, are we not the girl that comes with a lot of extra drama? Extra drama is fine but with expectations of “right now” it can be crippling.

Why do a lot of the fans not see that there is a good possibility that if you go to UT the fans/pressure can kill your career quickly if you don’t succeed. While it’s the same everywhere we do get turned down more. Not saying the blame fully falls on the fans but maybe a small percentage does!?
If I was a coach and approached to take a job at Tennessee, I would think long and hard before deciding to accept a job at Tennessee. Some of the people who post on this board as so far over the top, I would not even talk to them about working with them and I would never approach them about working with me. These people create a toxic atmosphere in which it would impossible to survive.

Reactions: SolidRockGolf
If I was a coach and approached to take a job at Tennessee, I would think long and hard before deciding to accept a job at Tennessee. Some of the people who post on this board as so far over the top, I would not even talk to them about working with them and I would never approach them about working with me. These people create a toxic atmosphere in which it would impossible to survive.

You act like the UTAD and or Coach Pruitt give one mouse turdlet what this forum thinks. They don’t...... they could care less. They are paid to coach and they do not worry about what an Internet forum thinks.

Reactions: BeardedVol
Do you think there’s a possibility they also use your negative posts as well? Just saying there is always something the enemy has? Glass is always half empty. No?

Lol no, just no. One is a sign of incompetence in the administration, the other is a crazy fan. All teams have crazy fans. Not all teams have incompetent athletic departments.

We knew Helton was leaving which means we should of had this worked out in advance. All the vetting should have been completed for the top 5 candidates prior to Helton announcing he was leaving.

My guess is either UT went on the cheap and only vetted one guy who turned us down and now we’re vetting and offering one at a time. Or we had a guy vetted and picked who wanted to sign. Then a top booster or higher up at UT but not athletics, think chancellor or president, got word of it and vetoed it.

Serious question here for those upset at this time about no statement thus far.

**We landed a very good recruit without the OC named. One good RB just decommitted from Michigan and is a heavy lean towards the good guys. That means it’s not fully effecting recruitment at this time.

**The gel that needs to be made with the staff and the new OC could very well be a situation of whether CJP is successful or fired. Why not give him time to make an educated decision after looking at all possibilities first?

**look at the guys we wanted badly last year saying it was doom and gloom if we didn’t get them. Outside of Mullen (whom some didn’t want here) everyone else was barely par or worse imo (I might be missing someone).

I think sometimes we think we can expect things that is not our business. As fans we have the right to expect a good hire that shows improvement. Outside of that shouldn’t we let him use his knowledge to make a very educated hire.

Added question: Why do some think that if we don’t hire who they deem the only choice then we are going to suck? What if said person turned us down? Not because of money but because of what they consider “unrealistic expectations” and not because of the expectations we have but because of how quick our fan base turns on people. I know, I know... every school has it. Let me ask this: how many coaches have we ran out of town in the last 11 years? Yes a lot or all were warranted but we started screaming for their heads early just about every time causing someb lose heart under pressure, which is human nature no matter the money in it as many constantly point out. . My point is expectations is to be present but with social media I think it hasn’t worked positively for us. Some it has.

because we see what not getting things done around here in past searches have gotten this program. Radio show this morning made a good point the last coach that TN really wanted and got was Majors. Since that time we have settled for what we could get. And that is sad!

You act like the UTAD and or Coach Pruitt give one mouse turdlet what this forum thinks. They don’t...... they could care less. They are paid to coach and they do not worry about what an Internet forum thinks.
I, for one, am happy as hell they are smart enough to do their own thinking and will make their decisions based on sound football principals rather than the trash published on internet boards.

OP, I see what you're doing ... demand for a "rush" hire.

HarmfulChiefElephant-size_restricted.gif

We are large in the size of the school but not a major school in terms of football coaching prowess. Facts are facts..... we aren’t where we once were.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think OC at a SEC school with top 10 facilities and a 100k seat stadium isn't a major job.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think OC at a SEC school with top 10 facilities and a 100k seat stadium isn't a major job.

In our fans eyes it is..... if it’s major job, we wouldn’t have so many issues getting football coaches.

It’s not major by the vast majority of the people who watch and care about NCAA football right now and that’s the truth. Things have changed since we were a legit contender year in and year out. And we have gotten left behind because we (we being the university) haven’t changed with it.

Reactions: SolidRockGolf
Serious question here for those upset at this time about no statement thus far.

**We landed a very good recruit without the OC named. One good RB just decommitted from Michigan and is a heavy lean towards the good guys. That means it’s not fully effecting recruitment at this time.

**The gel that needs to be made with the staff and the new OC could very well be a situation of whether CJP is successful or fired. Why not give him time to make an educated decision after looking at all possibilities first?

**look at the guys we wanted badly last year saying it was doom and gloom if we didn’t get them. Outside of Mullen (whom some didn’t want here) everyone else was barely par or worse imo (I might be missing someone).

I think sometimes we think we can expect things that is not our business. As fans we have the right to expect a good hire that shows improvement. Outside of that shouldn’t we let him use his knowledge to make a very educated hire.

Added question: Why do some think that if we don’t hire who they deem the only choice then we are going to suck? What if said person turned us down? Not because of money but because of what they consider “unrealistic expectations” and not because of the expectations we have but because of how quick our fan base turns on people. I know, I know... every school has it. Let me ask this: how many coaches have we ran out of town in the last 11 years? Yes a lot or all were warranted but we started screaming for their heads early just about every time causing some to lose heart under pressure, which is human nature no matter the money in it as many constantly point out. . My point is expectations is to be present but with social media I think it hasn’t worked positively for us. Some it has.
Lets not hire a Rush

VN Store

Back