Why Not?

Sorry WoodsmanVol. It's too pretentious and leaves us too open to mockery.
gty_842713184_93532593.jpg
FWIW, My last great idea was ridiculed.

I wanted to replace the turnover can with a gigantic pot & wooden spoon on the sideline.
Then whenever someone made a huge play they could run over & stir the pot.
I even had a catchy hip hop chorus planned to accompany the celebration.
DMX: 🎵Y'all gonna make me start some sh!t, up in here, up in here🎵

The world's just not ready for our kind of creativity.

Berserkers would be a more befitting title of the d line then frontiersman.

JMO

I imagine you're right. However, I'm American and a Southerner, so the frontier spirit reign supreme in me. I don't mind Slavic mascots, but I are a mountain man and a Davy Crockett fan.

WOW. you got a big imagination! But between the chess and military references, I'm not sure you could call if Football anymore.

I’d like to see it happen. It might even prove to be a recruiting tool. Our coaches initiating a militarized team Platoon Orange. The defensive men upfront called frontiermen. Their mission being to collapse the pocket or tear down the wall and checkmate the king(QB) or force him to retreat and lose yardage.
The linebackers referred to as Commando Orange, who ambush fleeing kings and knights escaping through the wall. And the safeties and cornerbacks are the Orange Patrols who neutralize snipers, artillery spotters, and assassins behind our lines. Yeah, I know we have this but why not name the units. Give them a sense of being mission orientated with the attitude to match? Maybe even have the coaches to address and coach the groups as if they were military. Instilling the mission-focused attitude in them.

Perhaps too, when we recruit, recruit to above-named squads and units, signaling the kind of attitudes we want then to come in with and/or develop. I think most players like to swagger a badass attitude and we’d be encouraging that and attracting gung ho players. On the other hand, this might be my peyote self-medication talking.

Nothing says "badass" more than chess! I play chess everyday and I can tell chess players are straight up gangster. If we place these cool army names to the squads and use chess terms we will attract the coolest baddest recruits ever. Jk

I’d like to see it happen. It might even prove to be a recruiting tool. Our coaches initiating a militarized team Platoon Orange. The defensive men upfront called frontiermen. Their mission being to collapse the pocket or tear down the wall and checkmate the king(QB) or force him to retreat and lose yardage.
The linebackers referred to as Commando Orange, who ambush fleeing kings and knights escaping through the wall. And the safeties and cornerbacks are the Orange Patrols who neutralize snipers, artillery spotters, and assassins behind our lines. Yeah, I know we have this but why not name the units. Give them a sense of being mission orientated with the attitude to match? Maybe even have the coaches to address and coach the groups as if they were military. Instilling the mission-focused attitude in them.

Perhaps too, when we recruit, recruit to above-named squads and units, signaling the kind of attitudes we want then to come in with and/or develop. I think most players like to swagger a badass attitude and we’d be encouraging that and attracting gung ho players. On the other hand, this might be my peyote self-medication talking.
Well as a Christian I sing onward Christian Soldiers marching as to War with the Cross of JESUS going on before. And the Apostle Paul said to "put on the whole Armour of GOD" " In CHRIST Alone"

Haha! As a proud member of this esteemed forum who was also recently suggested to have skipped a dosage by a fellow member..😂

I’d like to propose a toast 🍻 to @WoodsmanVol. ...and a potential trade offer. 😎👍 GoVols!

hood ole offseason 🤣

A long time ago,LSU coach Paul Dietzal had a go team(offense),a stop team(defense ),and a white team. Worked then,if you want ,try it now.No serequil needed.[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]

Can we put the OP into the transfer portal? I heard that Candy needs some new fans. He would fit right in.

Well as a Christian I sing onward Christian Soldiers marching as to War with the Cross of JESUS going on before. And the Apostle Paul said to "put on the whole Armour of GOD" " In CHRIST Alone"

That's very nice. As a VN jokester of sorts, I like posting stuff that might amuse some folks, especially during the offseason. I figure a lot of us suffer from Vols-addiction withdrawal during the offseason and it's difficult. If just one person can be provoked to laughter, mission accomplished. My brand of humor doesn't fit everybody's taste, but then no brand does. Just ask Roseanne Barr or Jeff Foxworthy. And, do you know that Paul made a genital funny about a group advocating the concept that Christians should be circumcised to verify being Christians? Probably not because most westerners read their Bible ritually instead of within its cultural and historical parameters. All the same, I'm in favor of your melodic vocalizing of any hymn. It's good for the soul. And now, let us all engage in that that Rockytop battle song that is a mixture of a love story, moonshine production, and law enforcement murder. Meanwhile:

We always shine brighter
When we're under attack
We might be down for a moment
But we will be back
It's time for war
It's time for war

VOLS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: MemphisVol77
WOW. you got a big imagination! But between the chess and military references, I'm not sure you could call if Football anymore.

It's Neyland's fault.

61ly8In%2BRfL._SX359_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

That's very nice. As a VN jokester of sorts, I like posting stuff that might amuse some folks, especially during the offseason. I figure a lot of us suffer from Vols-addiction withdrawal during the offseason and it's difficult. If just one person can be provoked to laughter, mission accomplished. My brand of humor doesn't fit everybody's taste, but then no brand does. Just ask Roseanne Barr or Jeff Foxworthy. And, do you know that Paul made a genital funny about a group advocating the concept that Christians should be circumcised to verify being Christians? Probably not because most westerners read their Bible ritually instead of within its cultural and historical parameters. All the same, I'm in favor of your melodic vocalizing of any hymn. It's good for the soul. And now, let us all engage in that that Rockytop battle song that is a mixture of a love story, moonshine production, and law enforcement murder. Meanwhile:

We always shine brighter
When we're under attack
We might be down for a moment
But we will be back
It's time for war
It's time for war

VOLS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well the Jewish Christians particularly those of the Pharisees were telling Gentile Christians they were not truly in CHRIST Unless they were circumcised missing the whole Circumcision of the heart thing when we our Immersed into CHRIST. Keep making people laugh we need more of it. In CHRIST Alone

And, do you know that Paul made a genital funny about a group advocating the concept that Christians should be circumcised to verify being Christians? Probably not because most westerners read their Bible ritually instead of within its cultural and historical parameters. All the same, I'm in favor of your melodic vocalizing of any hymn. It's good for the soul.
Well the Jewish Christians particularly those of the Pharisees were telling Gentile Christians they were not truly in CHRIST Unless they were circumcised missing the whole Circumcision of the heart thing when we our Immersed into CHRIST. Keep making people laugh we need more of it. In CHRIST Alone
Dang it Bartholomew!! You don't tell a grown man he's gotta cut the tip.....

I consider my peyote as medication so I'm good. Or bad. Or both. Are you going to eat those Elavil pills? The peyote is wearing off and my offseason depression is setting in again. I'm starting to see aliens trying to make the power T with round-shaped crop circles again.
Well, that certainly explains a lot.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol

VN Store

Back