Why not recruit Maryville.

Am I correct in saying Maryville has beaten Riverdale the last 3 yrs since they moved to 6A???

Did we not hear from ppl like you that Riverdale would kill them???

I was responding to your quote that one player would make a 49 point difference!!! that's insane!! Why hasnt he already been offered if he really is better than Cam Newton??

1.) They have beaten Riverdale twice. They haven't played 3 times.
2.) No, I knew you all would beat Riverdale because they had lost their offense.
3.) I don't care. I was saying that a QB changes the pace for the offense, and runs it smoothly. He isn't god by all means, but he ran the offense for 2 years.

Last edited:
again Maryville is 3-0 against Riverdale...lucky 3 times I guess..and I watched Riverdale play all 3 yrs..my nephew just graduated from there this yr...Whitehaven would have killed Riverdale this yr...they were no better than the 3rd best team in 6A if that!

You're wrong. Maryville didn't play Riverdale in 2010.

I am from California, and I dont know much about Tennessee High School football, but Marysville sounds like a Texas high school football team. Highly coached but they dont have physical upside that other states enjoy.

Reactions: 2 people
3.) I don't care. I was saying that a QB changes the pace for the offense, and runs it smoothly. He isn't god by all means, but he ran the offense for 2 years.

That's not what you were saying. You said that the QB would have made a 49 point difference. Keeping an offense "running smoothly" does not equate to beating Maryville by 21 points, when the actual outcome was losing to Maryville by 28.

Also, a monkey could be the QB in a wing T. That is NOT the reason Riverdale got completely dominated by Maryville.

Reactions: 1 person
I stand corrected they are 2-0 against Riverdale..it was Smyrna they beat in 10 wasnt it?? and arent they in Rutherford Co.?? so your statement that Maryville cant beat Rutherford Co. teams isnt very credible..looks like the other way around...lol

I agree there is great fb there and I never said Maryville should and will always dominate..but I will say they have the best coach in the state..his record shows that..no one is that lucky!!! they overachieve for sure..

My post was simply.. I find it ludicrous to think ONE player would make a 49 point difference...thats all..if so every college in the nation would have already offered..and I guess my assumption was right in your from Middle Tenn..so maybe Maryville wont get lucky next yr..

Just because Maryville is the best-coached team in the state, does not mean they are the most talented. In fact, they rarely are. The team they beat in the title game (Whitehaven) was more "talented" than Maryville. They just weren't the better "team". This is why HS football in TN is considered so poor compared to our neighboring states. The best freaking program in our state can't even put out major D1 prospects consistently. The best "brand of football" is usually played in places like Maryville, Alcoa, Oak Ridge, and Rutherford County. But the most "talent" comes from Memphis, and it's still nowhere near enough to sustain an SEC program. Especially when you consider the fact that we don't even recruit Memphis all that well.

Reactions: 5 people
Maryville is a great team that runs a great system which is integrated from the time these young kids are in pee wee ball. Maryville has had other great athletes that have came out, but they are simply not SEC caliber athletes. Tyler Maples was a great receiver there, but now he is at UTC. I won't hate on Douglas, but we all know his story. Cade Thompson was an outstanding QB that went to South Carolina and never saw the field. Carl Stewart was a phenominal running back who went to Auburn, played full back, and never saw any meaningful snaps till his late junior and senior seasons. What does all of this mean? Maryville has lots of quality young players who will be good at a college some where, just not in the SEC. They are all products of a system that is taught from the time they are 7 and 8 year olds.

Reactions: 4 people
This thread is absolutely hilarious! There are some truly delusional posters who don't seem to be able to grasp and accept reality. The teams that win, win. Wishing it didn't go down that way no matter how hard you try to play the "what if" game in your mind is not living in the real world. It's very funny however so keep on keeping on with the fantasy island posts! "Boss! Boss! The Plane!!!!"

You Maryville homers kill me. It's ridiculous. You all got to the state championship because Woodruff was out, and you know that. Thank Oak Ridge for this one. Delusional. :eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Really? Woodruff played defense, too?

There ranked 16th in the ESPN poll. Dont tell me there is no one on that team that cant wear orange and white because clearly a top 16 team in the nation has some great players.

I am glad you guys over at Maryville posted this... I know that Coach Dooley will read it and begin at once recruiting only Maryville HS....:crazy: .. I am guessing he just overlooked it :hi: besides he may not of even thought about it... :birgits_giggle:

Thanks a bunch...you may have just saved his job :eek:lol:

I would rather have robinette over peterman, ang guillermo is an all american

Words from the bottle....right?

crazy-drunk-man.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
It is because Randy Sanders has a fence built around Blount County. Hard to get in there

Last edited:
In the largest class of public schools, here are the past 15 champs. Nine from middle TN, four from east TN, two from west TN.

1997 – Riverdale
1998 - Oakland
1999 - Sevier County
2000 - Red Bank
2001 - Riverdale
2002 - Brentwood
2003 - Germantown
2004 - Riverdale
2005 - Ravenwood
2006 - Smyrna
2007 - Smyrna
2008 - Oakland
2009 - White Station
2010 - Maryville
2011 - Maryville

Prattville and Maryville would be a good game at least thru the first qtr.

Agree - I live in Bama as well and the HS football here is totally different from a talent perspective. I will absolutely agree that Maryville is a VERY well coached team, but they would not compete for titles in 6A down here - and it's not even close.

As far as recruiting is concerned, UT will recruit kids from Maryville if they're talented enough to play big time ball (see Aaron Douglas). However on the norm, most of their kids are just good high school players that work well in their system. Big difference from being strong/fast enough to play in the SEC.

I saw all the big boys play this year. Maryville is very good. But Whitehaven hung right there with them for three quarters until they imploded. I saw Greeneville play live and they are extremely impressive. And then you get into the private schools who can recruit, Ensworth was very good. Of course, the Henry County bunch is going to jump in and say that they too were undefeated. I think that Ensworth, Greeneville and Maryville were the three best teams and probably all about equal. If I was betting money between those four, I would probably put my cash on Ensworth.

As to the point of your thread, if it makes you feel any better, the Vols aren't recruiting anyone from any of those schools. They have shown a little interest in one lineman from Henry County but that is all (for the 2012 class).

Maryville should be proud of what they have accomplished. They are very well coached!

Reactions: 2 people
Agree - I live in Bama as well and the HS football here is totally different from a talent perspective. I will absolutely agree that Maryville is a VERY well coached team, but they would not compete for titles in 6A down here - and it's not even close.

As far as recruiting is concerned, UT will recruit kids from Maryville if they're talented enough to play big time ball (see Aaron Douglas). However on the norm, most of their kids are just good high school players that work well in their system. Big difference from being strong/fast enough to play in the SEC.

Yes, same with Georgia. It is not really even close.

VN Store

Back