Why no Coaches Show Today

Coaches don't get fired for losing to Ga State at UT.

Kentucky on the other hand...
You think the loss to KY is worse than a loss to Ga State? SMH KY is a much better team than Ga State. If you can't see that, I can't understand it for you.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
But we heard every excuse under the sun for why we lost to Ga State last year and why Pruitt wasn't in over his head and JG wasnt the worst starting QB we've ever had. People aren't even trying to blame yesterday on Covid, only two constant factors.

But we heard every excuse under the sun for why we lost to Ga State last year and why Pruitt wasn't in over his head and JG wasnt the worst starting QB we've ever had. People aren't even trying to blame yesterday on Covid, only two constant factors.
Covid, Russia, China, Fires in California, El Nino, star collapsing and forming a black hole in galaxy Messier 87 53 million light years thus causing a slight wobble to earths rotational access and interfering with JG's throwing skills.

Pruitt ripped #88 twice for watching plays instead of blocking. also said that running backs need to fall forward for the 1000th time. Same old sad show

On that last pick 6, #88 really showed a lack of effort on running the guy down. KY had a blocker who ran down faster than 88. We don't need quitters. Quitters never win, and winners never quit.

I didn't say that. At all.
You said Coaches at TN don't get fired for losing to Ga State but KY on the other hand. I took that to mean you think the KY loss is some how worse than a loss to Ga State. Not sure how else your post could have been taken.

On that last pick 6, #88 really showed a lack of effort on running the guy down. KY had a blocker who ran down faster than 88. We don't need quitters. Quitters never win, and winners never quit.

If you have quitters in year 3, it’s on you as the coach. You’re making some stupid decision maybe like keeping a QB in that has continually screwed your team over.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I agree our TEs have been horrible at this point

Blaming players for coachable mistakes. Distancing himself for any responsibility for the mistakes. Speaking of the team almost like an observer rather than the head coach.
Feels like Late Fulmer Phase all over again. He is learning from the deflection master.

That sounds more like Lyle Loser Jones.

On the 2nd JG didn't even to fight thru those guys from the 7 yard line in...granted chances are low he does but you gotta try

You said Coaches at TN don't get fired for losing to Ga State but KY on the other hand. I took that to mean you think the KY loss is some how worse than a loss to Ga State. Not sure how else your post could have been taken.
The last two coaches to get fired lost to KY. Dooley survived a year, CBJ was shown the door the next day I believe. All coaches lose to a bad team, but Kentucky has literally been a gimmie for almost 40 years.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Not sure how you can say that when the offense has been in the dumps since before him and Pruitt is the main person trying to keep JG as the main QB.
u really think pruitt is over-riding his million dollar OC? i HOPE u are smarter than that

Blaming players for coachable mistakes. Distancing himself for any responsibility for the mistakes. Speaking of the team almost like an observer rather than the head coach.
Feels like Late Fulmer Phase all over again. He is learning from the deflection master.

Players have to accept some blame. Henry T alluded to it. Coaching absolutely mattes but at some point, your players have to start playing up to their potential.

Reactions: Lurker and VOL_Lyfe
u really think pruitt is over-riding his million dollar OC? i HOPE u are smarter than that

So you’re saying that it’s likely that Cheney and Pruitt suck at evaluating QB talent. If Cheney is demanding that he play JG who obviously sucks then it’s Pruitt’s job to over ride him and play the guy that can lead them to victory. If Pruitt is demanding that Cheney play JG when Cheney knows he sucks then it’s Cheney’s job to fight for the QB he needs to make his offense work because Cheney’s reputation is on the line. Since Cheney is highly regarded as an OC he should fight hard to play his guy and stop the political correctness BS. If Pruitt is standing in Cheney’s way then he needs to leave after the season instead of letting a hardheaded green HC ruin his career. It’s not like Cheney doesn’t have options.

Reactions: lexkyvol

VN Store

Back