Why isn't Vescovi shooting?

Let's see if yall still feel the same way the next time we lose and Vescovi only has 2 pts with all of his hustle plays included
Are you aware that we have a gamer PG and Post who has all kinds of shots around the basket? Got some news for you: great teams are going to lose occasionally to lesser teams. Especially on the road. Especially in the NCAA tournament. It happens. It's inherent in the game of basketball

Are you aware that we have a gamer PG and Post who has all kinds of shots around the basket? Got some news for you: great teams are going to lose occasionally to lesser teams. Especially on the road. Especially in the NCAA tournament. It happens. It's inherent in the game of basketball
I think the point yall are missing is that we have a guy that averaged over 12 pts the last 2 seasons and have relegated him to being the guy that does all the dirty work that doesn't show up on the stat sheet. Literally our best shooter from the last couple of seasons is not shooting the ball and yall are just ok with that because we are winning ball games due to one guy having an all time great performance in TN history. This crap will catch up to us because relying on one guy to make up production for 2 ppl( I'm including JJJ) every night is stupid.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
I think the point yall are missing is that we have a guy that averaged over 12 pts the last 2 seasons and have relegated him to being the guy that does all the dirty work that doesn't show up on the stat sheet. Literally our best shooter from the last couple of seasons is not shooting the ball and yall are just ok with that because we are winning ball games due to one guy having an all time great performance in TN history. This crap will catch up to us because relying on one guy to make up production for 2 ppl( I'm including JJJ) every night is stupid.
Whatever. You're too focused on offense. It's like you are unaware that Aidoo and ZZ are scoring. We're in a completely different offense this year. Go listen to some of the interviews with Vescovi, James and Barnes about it. Try to evolve with pertenent info. Both Vescovi and JJJ have come up big offensively when necessary. Stop it with the "y'all are ok with it" BS. The y'all's you are talking about know more than you

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
He was our best shooter the last couple years. He is now our 3rd best shooter despite shooting a pretty similar percentage. You get fewer shots as the 3rd option (or sometimes 4th) than as the 1st or 2nd.

Whatever. You're too focused on offense. It's like you are unaware that Aidoo and ZZ are scoring. We're in a completely different offense this year. Go listen to some of the interviews with Vescovi, James and Barnes about it. Try to evolve with pertenent info. Both Vescovi and JJJ have come up big offensively when necessary. Stop it with the "y'all are ok with it" BS. The y'all's you are talking about know more than you
Imagine Vescovi scoring along with Aidoo and ZZ we would probably have the regular season title locked up already but yall keep on saluting this version of Vescovi.

He was our best shooter the last couple years. He is now our 3rd best shooter despite shooting a pretty similar percentage. You get fewer shots as the 3rd option (or sometimes 4th) than as the 1st or 2nd.
3rd best shooter yet he is 6th on the team in ppg smh

I don't get it. last year he lit it up. Ball fake, them bam, 3 pts. He is losing NBA draft status every game. Knecht can't do it all every game. He has off games. We need Vescovi and James to keep shooting. Maybe Vescovi should join Knecht in the gym shooting extra shots. It's one thing, if he shoots and misses, but he isn't even shooting. We really need him to shoot more.

Real questions: Is he hurt somehow that we don't know about? Personal issues? It's hard for me to believe he is just in a "funk" now, with what he did the last few years.

Any insiders know anything?
I have watched carefully because of this question. Vescovi must catch and shoot to get up a 3 unless he is wide open. If he fails to shoot immediately he no longer has the option. It looks like instead of shooting he is faking and driving, playing the 2 man game with Aidoo or Awaka. Its my personal opinion that this is Barnes solution to the early cold shooting that has been this teams Achilles heal the last 3 years. It looks like it's working as Aidoo-Awaka combo is averaging a double double. I think Barnes would like to go inside early for 70% shots instead of shooting all the 3's and hoping you are hot.

I have watched carefully because of this question. Vescovi must catch and shoot to get up a 3 unless he is wide open. If he fails to shoot immediately he no longer has the option. It looks like instead of shooting he is faking and driving, playing the 2 man game with Aidoo or Awaka. Its my personal opinion that this is Barnes solution to the early cold shooting that has been this teams Achilles heal the last 3 years. It looks like it's working as Aidoo-Awaka combo is averaging a double double. I think Barnes would like to go inside early for 70% shots instead of shooting all the 3's and hoping you are hot.
I’m thinking this is spot on.

Agree...just 2-3 game and as you posted take some pressure off. Never know when DK might have a cold shooting game. I see no reason or excuse why a shooter like Vescovi isn't getting more points. Just think the trips we make that we don't get points if Vescovi could manage 12 points or so.
At least V got some points with DK being off tonight. Good to see others taking up the slack. We've got to have that going forward.

Let's see if yall still feel the same way the next time we lose and Vescovi only has 2 pts with all of his hustle plays included
Oops Next GIF - Oops Next GIFs

Oops what? Nothing has changed based on the point I have been making all along. Vescovi had a decent game BUT he's still far from showing any kind of consistency. It took several guys stepping up as usual to win the game. I still need Vescovi to stop pump faking and just shoot the damn ball

SV plays so many different roles.
His pump fakes are habits he developed to try and draw a foul.
ZZ is now doing things he picked up from SV, coming to a stop with the defender chasing him up court to draw a foul. SV has done that forever.
I don't like SV wiping the bottom of his shoes like a middle school kid but it's what he does.
He had a good game last night when the team needed him.
I love the dude and all his quirks.....👍

Reactions: Godfatha
Oops what? Nothing has changed based on the point I have been making all along. Vescovi had a decent game BUT he's still far from showing any kind of consistency. It took several guys stepping up as usual to win the game. I still need Vescovi to stop pump faking and just shoot the damn ball
I bet if I went through your post history it's mostly negative with you saying what needs to be done differently. Probably waving the white flags at halftimes haha. Learn how basketball is played, Vescovi is playing just fine. Especially defensively. He doesn't need to score 15 a game. Tennessee is at it's best when the whole team is involved. That's what he's doing. That's what's asked of him. Try to find the easy high % bucket, not a low % shot with a guy in his face. That's why this team is better than last year. It will really show during the tournament.

It would be so much easier for you if you would admit your basketball knowledge is extremely limited. You can do it

Reactions: Zues1
I don't get it. last year he lit it up. Ball fake, them bam, 3 pts. He is losing NBA draft status every game. Knecht can't do it all every game. He has off games. We need Vescovi and James to keep shooting. Maybe Vescovi should join Knecht in the gym shooting extra shots. It's one thing, if he shoots and misses, but he isn't even shooting. We really need him to shoot more.

Real questions: Is he hurt somehow that we don't know about? Personal issues? It's hard for me to believe he is just in a "funk" now, with what he did the last few years.

Any insiders know anything?
He’s grieving for his granny you can see it in his face and body language

I bet if I went through your post history it's mostly negative with you saying what needs to be done differently. Probably waving the white flags at halftimes haha. Learn how basketball is played, Vescovi is playing just fine. Especially defensively. He doesn't need to score 15 a game. Tennessee is at it's best when the whole team is involved. That's what he's doing. That's what's asked of him. Try to find the easy high % bucket, not a low % shot with a guy in his face. That's why this team is better than last year. It will really show during the tournament.
Lol whole team involved? It's been the Knecht show for the majority of the season. That's why this team is better. We are just fortunate guys like Aidoo and Zeigler have taken on bigger roles. Again one of our best shooters on the team is now just a guy that gets others involved....

Vescovi has perhaps been the most consistent player this season... offensively and defensively.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Naw I'm just not like most of you homers that think everything is perfectly fine just because we are winning
Dude, just stop. You're making yourself look more ignorant. Heck, just go listen to Barnes about Vescovis role and how pleased he is with his performance. You probably know better than him though.

VN Store

Back