Why isn"t Lane Kiffen fined/reprimanded?

OrangeRaid Vol #1

There is TV video of Lane throwing his visor at Tn fans in the stands at Neyland Saturday night, on exiting the stadium. This is just as dangerous as Vol fans throwing empty Dasani water bottles on to the field. If someone up there was not paying attention, the edge of the visor could strike someone's eye and damage it. Lane in previous games has thrown his clipboard way into the air with no one knowing where it will land. That is dangerous too. He is a representative of Ole Miss and is sending the message that tossing stuff is ok. Why has he not been reprimanded and fined by the SEC commissioner, say $10k. Lane, from now on you are only allowed to throw your visor or clipboard directly to the ground. See, it is all a matter of wording and perspective. Am with the group of fans who do not condone or believe anyone should throw things in the stadium, especially a head coach who is setting an example for the fans. Be considerate of your fellow fans. Of course it is ok to throw a football on the field of play. GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: DonDiego
There is TV video of Lane throwing his visor at Tn fans in the stands at Neyland Saturday night, on exiting the stadium. This is just as dangerous as Vol fans throwing empty Dasani water bottles on to the field. If someone up there was not paying attention, the edge of the visor could strike someone's eye and damage it. Lane in previous games has thrown his clipboard way into the air with no one knowing where it will land. That is dangerous too. He is a representative of Ole Miss and is sending the message that tossing stuff is ok. Why has he not been reprimanded and fined by the SEC commissioner, say $10k. Lane, from now on you are only allowed to throw your visor or clipboard directly to the ground. See, it is all a matter of wording and perspective. Am with the group of fans who do not condone or believe anyone should throw things in the stadium, especially a head coach who is setting an example for the fans. Be considerate of your fellow fans. Of course it is ok to throw a football on the field of play. GO VOLS!!!
Bawahaha

look lane kiffen only had good things to say about tennessee vols after game you need to get a life annd let lane live his life. i did not like the way he left tenn. but if you had a chance to take your dream job you would have done the same thing so please let it go.

look lane kiffen only had good things to say about tennessee vols after game you need to get a life annd let lane live his life. i did not like the way he left tenn. but if you had a chance to take your dream job you would have done the same thing so please let it go.
There was video of their locker room that surfaced of he and all the players yelling “F Tennessee!”

There was video of their locker room that surfaced of he and all the players yelling “F Tennessee!”
Do you blame them after living thru that.
Maybe its what they do after every UT game.
Our players sing "I don't give a damn about the whole state of Mississippi" . Tradition.

He played the innocent game Saturday. He’s a sociopath that we should disregard. He coached his team to flop to get extra timeouts to coach up. ESPN fixated on him to give him TV time and he ate it up. Let’s worry about Alabama. GBO

I honestly thought the fans were mad at the refs and that's why they throwing things, i guess it was the hate for Kiffin.

I honestly thought the fans were mad at the refs and that's why they throwing things, i guess it was the hate for Kiffin.
It was the refs and the flops. Also ole miss and kiffin were taunting the fans on their side. It was a perfect storm.

Reactions: DonDiego
I’m tell’n ya, the Kiffininyourheaditis disease is very contagious. Wear masks people!
Remember, at one time Gruden shared a room with Kiffin in these same fans head. Every other thread was something like" we should have gone after Kiffin/Gruden even after both trolled Tenn. Dr. Phil could do a couple shows at Knoxville on these fans alone.

I think it's a valid point, not that it was dangerous, but it is instigating. And you clowns telling the OP to let it go, how about go visit the previous 100 threads about Kiffin, the game, etc. I'm beyond ready to let it go, but nothing wrong with this guy's thread. Fact is, through social media, media, brash action, and downright agressive behavior (the visor incident), he has earned himself a reprimand, and perhaps a fine, in my opinion. And no, no one asked for the visor. In his own words, he flipped it up toward them because they were chanting 'F you'.

Only fine should just put away Twitter and stop antagonizing opposing fans. Your antics have no reached a point of having to address it as a state employee who shares blame in the events of Saturday night.

Stupid post.
Agree. Mostly blue font but a little bit serious. Some students will be prosecuted for tossing, in some cases empty Dasani water bottles, while the head Coach of a major university is allowed to toss stuff at the fans with no issues. Selective outrage by media. His visor and clipboards are just as dangerous and provocative as what most students threw onto the field. Kind of really believe he should be fined or students should not be prosecuted. Not meant to be about the offending coach really.

Do you blame them after living thru that.
Maybe its what they do after every UT game.
Our players sing "I don't give a damn about the whole state of Mississippi" . Tradition.
I was just pointing out that for everyone that thinks what Kiffin was telling the reporter how he feels about Tennessee, complementing the fan base, then they are sadly mistaken. I don’t believe he feels that way one bit. I personally don’t have a problem with it. They won, winners get to talk trash. We lost, loser have to be able to take it.

Reactions: jimed1
He literally tossed it to be a catchable item. And fans were all over it. Just stop. This is dumb even by FF standards
Yes it is dumb. Kind of sarcastic but not. A week before at the Ole Miss/Arky game showed replays of coach throwing clipboard in air and they tracked it like a frisbee. All laughs and giggles. Well, a lot of people saw it. Maybe one or two idiot fans who are drunk thought it was ok and funny to toss things. And then things take a life of their own. Post mostly a comment on selective media outrage. Coaches can't be tossing things around and the media yuck yucking about it. Then they are outraged/shocked when coeds do something similar a week later.

Yes it is dumb. Kind of sarcastic but not. A week before at the Ole Miss/Arky game showed replays of coach throwing clipboard in air and they tracked it like a frisbee. All laughs and giggles. Well, a lot of people saw it. Maybe one or two idiot fans who are drunk thought it was ok and funny to toss things. And then things take a life of their own. Post mostly a comment on selective media outrage. Coaches can't be tossing things around and the media yuck yucking about it. Then they are outraged/shocked when coeds do something similar a week later.
Your life must be a doozy

Good grief man. So throwing a visor is the same as throwing a golf ball? The TN fans were WRONG. Not Kiffin. It doesn’t matter what he said or did. But doesn’t matter what the refs did or didn’t do. It doesn’t matter what has transpired over the last 13 years. Stop trying to shift the blame from where it belongs. Which is with whatever fans threw crap.

VN Store

Back