Why isn’t Josh Heupel getting MORE credit at Tennessee?

You obviously misconstrued what I said. Every coach on this staff has done enough to warrant a raise except 2. Martinez and Banks. If we go 10-2 during the regular season and win our bowl game, then Heupel and the majority of his staff will have earned a raise. But we still have MAJOR ISSUES on defense.
The major issues are mostly a major lack of big time playmakers. After the Pruitt fiasco, several key players transferred from an average defense. I'm afraid we've got no choice but to be patient.

It's a rare year when the Bama D is beatable. This is that year. Max Johnson would have been better if healthy, but a semi-experienced QB forced back into a start against Bama and A&M still put up 20. A&M probably wins that game with MJ in, and Bryce out. King should have been better. He had some starts under his belt last year. CJB probably should evaluate his QB coach position.

Reactions: dduncan4163
I’m not here to tell anyone to slow their roll but man, this place will be mighty entertaining if they curb stomp us.

But I think it will be a close, hard fought game
I see us jumping out early then trying to hang on at the end, but not being as lucky as we we were against UF. My prediction is LSU 31-28

I don't know what's going to happen with Bama. I was worried about LSU's talent too. But how many times are you going to push your negavol narrative to these extremes? To what end are you doing it? Seems at some point you'd stop predicting how you are going to enjoy the next UT loss.

I don't know what's going to happen with Bama. I was worried about LSU's talent too. But how many times are you going to push your negavol narrative to these extremes? To what end are you doing it? Seems at some point you'd stop predicting how you are going to enjoy the next UT loss.
When Fade is positive about an upcoming game, assume hell is freezing over. lol

When I go negative, we win. I have to keep it up or we will lose. Psychological warfare.

BTW - you must’ve missed my post a few days ago that UGA looks more beatable than Bama to me. How is that negative?

When I go negative, we win. I have to keep it up or we will lose. Psychological warfare.

BTW - you must’ve missed my post a few days ago that UGA looks more beatable than Bama to me. How is that negative?
It wouldn't be if you weren't also completely certain that UT will beat neither.

I have always felt these two games were a long stretch for UT's talent. I feel as "good" as I can about the Bama game right now. Still wouldn't predict a win. OTOH, I don't relish rubbing the noses of other fans in any negative opinion I have... you do.

I’m not here to tell anyone to slow their roll but man, this place will be mighty entertaining if they curb stomp us.

But I think it will be a close, hard fought game
Agree. Bama is still loaded with talent and has one of if not the best head coaches roaming the sideline. Heupel is in year two. Scary just how good he has been this early but we need to pump the brakes a bit. We can win but it will be tough. If Hooker is injured we get stomped.

I do not see that there is a lack of credit. He took over a total wreck. His first year they were so greatly improved in every way that it was the damndest thing I had ever seen. This year they are legitimate contenders for the national championship. Dooley failed at it. Jones failed at it. Pruitt failed at it. Heupel has succeeded.

The irony of Paul being asked why doesn’t Tennessee and Heupel get more credit nationally and turning the conversation into Oklahoma’s failures was not lost on me

VN Store

Back