Why is Brandon Johnson always overlooked?

I just watched it. That pass was so late and so poorly thrown....how in the world is anybody putting that on the WR? He was wide open, he slowed down, practically stopped to come back to and catch the ball, when a DB came across and picked it. I don’t see what you think you see at all.

Well maybe I am wrong who knows.... Can we at least all agree that we don't like the Florida Gators?

Reactions: 1 person
Brandon is a talented young man, and a solid teammate.

I don't think anyone is actually overlooking him.

The one thing Brandon hasn't yet had that Jauan Jennings and Marquez Callaway have, is the home run play. Like Jauan's sideline catch for a TD vs Florida, or his hail mary reception against UGa. Like Marquez' punt return for a TD against Tenn Tech, or his 2-TD night against Georgia Tech.

Brandon had a game kind of like that against UMass, but it was UMass...and we went on to pretty much tank the season, making the whole campaign forgettable.

So don't despair, man, he's a very good receiver. He just hasn't yet had the eye-popping, "pick up the team and carry them on my back to victory against a key rival" kind of game some of our other lads have.

Here's hoping this season, he will.

Go Vols!

EDIT: corrected error in original post, thanks to VOLnVandyland for catching it.

I totally agree with this. Players are remembered for having those highlight plays that we all remember. Callaway and JJ have both had those, so naturally they're the first names that come to mind.

Remember Marquez North? He had those two highlight plays against South Carolina. He never really did anything after that, but he will always be remembered for those plays. And for the rest of his career he was always listed among our best receivers even though he never really contributed again after his freshman year.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back