Why I laugh at Obama supporters

VolBeef88

Very few if any can tell you what he stands for and what "change" he is talking about. They seem to think it's the "cool" thing to do.

oh i thought you were going to talk about his plan to enslave white people. nevermind.

I listen to The Michael Baisden show for about 10 minutes everyday on my commute home. It is a non-stop infomercial for Obama. And yes, you are correct, they never actually talk about anything. It is hilarious and sad.

I dont care which party. Clinton supporters can tell you things about her. McCain supporters can tell you things about him. But Obama folks say almost to the person "I just think it's time for a change" or "We just need change". When asked what needs changed their eyes gloss and they appear to get a headache

Very few if any can tell you what he stands for and what "change" he is talking about. They seem to think it's the "cool" thing to do.

I know he stands for "windfall profits tax"...whatever that cute little saying means. Who determines the windfall mark...and why do people get punished for being successful?

I believe "change" is in reference to the current administration meaning he is the opposite of Bush. Why do people not know what Obama stands for?

He is against the war in Iraq
Pro-choice
Opposes the death penalty
Favors gun control
universal health care
against privatizing social security
Favors Al Gore's environmental stance
against the Patriot act
Favors churches providing welfare
Favors progressive tax
Believes in more treatment and less punishment for drug use

Well there are a few things Obama stands for if you think none of us know.

It's completely fair to say that you don't like his view on the issues but can we move past the false notion that Obama doesn't stand for anything?

And he's not a Muslim :)

Health care would go to crap if you tried to impliment a system that radical.

i can't believe that people would actually trust the govt to run something that large. well i suppose social security, welfare, and medicare have great records of being run well. :eek:lol:

I believe "change" is in reference to the current administration meaning he is the opposite of Bush. Why do people not know what Obama stands for?

Pro-choice
Favors gun control
universal health care
against the Patriot act
Favors progressive tax

It's completely fair to say that you don't like his view on the issues but can we move past the false notion that Obama doesn't stand for anything?

great so a) how does he plan on getting us out of iraq? what;s his plan? b) what sort of gun control does he favor? c) what part of the patriot act doesn't he like and how would he change it? d) please explain in detail his tax policy. e) how is he going to pay for universal healthcare. etc etc etc etc. he can say whatever he likes but IMO he hasn't stood for anything but being a great BSer.

Pro-choice
Favors gun control
universal health care
against the Patriot act
Favors progressive tax

My God in Heaven!

:banghead2::banghead2::banghead2::banghead2:

I listen to The Michael Baisden show for about 10 minutes everyday on my commute home. It is a non-stop infomerical for Obama. And yes, you are correct, they never actually talk about anything. It is hilarious and sad.

That's not surprising coming from a guy Al Sharpton says is "either one of the greatest social commentators of our time, or a complete ass."

I've never heard of Michael Baisden, and I can't speak for all Obama supporters, but here's why I support Obama, if you're interested:

To me, the primary job of the president is to lead. To set the tone for the country - to its citizens, to its governmental leaders, and to the world. The job is not to legislate or crunch numbers or do research to determine what policies we should put in place. It is to have the judgment and wisdom to put the right people in place to advise him/her on such matters and then make decisions that protect our right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. CEOs don't get hired because they know their industries inside and out - they get hired because they've shown an ability to lead.

I think Obama is a natural leader.

He's not many things though.

He's not a policy wonk. He has stances on every issue just like the other candidates, but he doesn't pretend it's his way or the highway. He's open to listening to people who know a hell of a lot more than he does on each issue. Several of those stances I don't necessarily agree with, but the one I agree with and care about most is the decision to end the war in Iraq, and he's been consistent about that from day one.

He's not a political veteran. He's not as experienced as most presidential candidates, and I actually like that. He's not encumbered by the ruthlessness of Washington. For the most part (though he's cracked some on this), he doesn't resort to dirty tactics that are too commonplace these days - like spreading lies about his opponent fathering an illegitimate black baby, finding some spineless war vets to cast doubt on a purple heart recipient, using fake documents to question someone's Nat'l Guard service, or questioning whether his opponent inhaled or not (hell, he had the stones to admit he did coke, and who cares?).

He's not a hardliner. He is a guy who crosses boundaries (he's black, he's white, he's Christian, he's Ivy league, he's inner-city) to connect with all types of people.

My vision of an Obama presidency is being exhibited during this campaign. People are coming out of the woodwork to vote early, attend rallies, volunteer and donate - I bet citizens have given more in individual contributions to him than just about any other (if not any other) candidate in my lifetime.

In short, he's getting people to have faith, do more, take pride.

And to me, that inspires enough passion to get my vote.

great so a) how does he plan on getting us out of iraq? what;s his plan? b) what sort of gun control does he favor? c) what part of the patriot act doesn't he like and how would he change it? d) please explain in detail his tax policy. e) how is he going to pay for universal healthcare. etc etc etc etc. he can say whatever he likes but IMO he hasn't stood for anything but being a great BSer.

Hello...... just like John Kerry you can find out and Obama's website.......

:yes:

VN Store

Back