Why dont fans support this program no matter how bad the times get?

Why do so many fans have to be fair weather fans and only support a program when they are winning? I think if you are a VFL you will support this team and program no matter how many games they win.
I doubt that some of these NegaVols are even fans! The young fans think it's an easy fix and that you just pour money out by the bucket load for the quick fix thus they freak out if their simplistic thought isn't the 1st thing UT does.

Why do so many fans have to be fair weather fans and only support a program when they are winning? I think if you are a VFL you will support this team and program no matter how many games they win.

WTF are you talking about? UT has the most loyal fanbase in college football. 90k plus still pack the stadium after 12 years of suck, you see people wearing swag all over the world and the most telling sign of how great this fanbase is is that we still care. We still care after the administration has shown they DGAF about championship level football, we still care even though there is no sign of hope for better days, we still care even though we KNOW a POS Gump will still be driving our beloved football program off the cliff next season.

GTF out of here with this "fair weather fan" bull! Few fan bases remain as loyal and caring as ours after over a decade of being fed crap.

Good Grief. I assume you're trolling, but just in case:

A lot of us are VFLs, but the complete and utter incompetence of the admin over the last 15 years has robbed the sport of the fun. And in the end, it's gotta be fun to be a fan, at least a majority of the time. You can have fun even in a loss, if its a good game and your team is playing well.

Tennessee has become a drudgery to watch, especially with Slingblade Skoalcan and his infatuation with JG. We all have jobs, responsibilities, a lot of things we HAVE to do. Tennessee football isn't a HAVE to do, it should be a WANT to do.

So, don't play the "I'm a Better Fan" BS card. No one buys that here. We are all fans, its just that most of us demand that our team and admin care at least as much as we do. Ideally, they care much more. That hasn't seemed to be the case for quite awhile.

After a decade+ of mediocre to below-mediocre results, the fans haven’t gone anywhere. They are still here and in the stands. Your claim of “no support” has no merit whatsoever.

And BTW, criticizing the HC is not being “fair weather,” especially when the criticism is warranted.

I agree with Pulaski.

There are days where I'd guesstimate the troll-to-real-Vol-fan ratio as high as 1:1 (50%). It's probably not really that high, just feels that way frequently. But whatever the actual ratio is, we know for a fact we have a lot of them.

Having said that, there are actual Vols fair-weather fans. I don't know why. It makes no sense to me. The only thing I can figure is that they dont really care about the program so much as they care about themselves and their fan pride (ability to talk smack around the water cooler at work, or even just the dopamine hits that come with winning). Since their loyalty is to themselves rather than the team, they'll turn as soon as the rewards stop flowing.

Sad reality that there are more than one or two of these in Volunteer country.

p.s. Not talking about nega-Vols. They remain faithful to the team even as they gripe and moan. By fair weather, I actually mean those who go off and start cheering for some other team, and won't come back until Tennessee is playing well again. IDK if that's how you meant it, OP, but that's the version I was talking about.

p.p.s. Here's what I mean, separating those groups:

1606941403462.png

Last edited:
Just because some people don't react like you doesn't mean they do not support the program. People are pissed at what they see as gross mismanagement by the staff. Do you honestly think you would see such strong reaction from people that don't care or support the program?

Give me a break with this "true Vol fan" nonsense and stop expecting your opinion to come out of everyone else's mouth.

I doubt that some of these NegaVols are even fans! The young fans think it's an easy fix and that you just pour money out by the bucket load for the quick fix thus they freak out if their simplistic thought isn't the 1st thing UT does.

I bet you dont stand up at games and your hair is as blue as this font

I don't agree with some of the stuff that is on vn and some of the personal attacks, but fair weather fans, are you kidding ?

Why do so many VN Posters have to be fair weather fans and only support a program when they are winning? I think if you are a VFL you will support this team and program no matter how many games they win

There, I fixed your post for you:D
VN Posters are a minuscule number compared to Vol fans.

Good Grief. I assume you're trolling, but just in case:

A lot of us are VFLs, but the complete and utter incompetence of the admin over the last 15 years has robbed the sport of the fun. And in the end, it's gotta be fun to be a fan, at least a majority of the time. You can have fun even in a loss, if its a good game and your team is playing well.

Tennessee has become a drudgery to watch, especially with Slingblade Skoalcan and his infatuation with JG. We all have jobs, responsibilities, a lot of things we HAVE to do. Tennessee football isn't a HAVE to do, it should be a WANT to do.

So, don't play the "I'm a Better Fan" BS card. No one buys that here. We are all fans, its just that most of us demand that our team and admin care at least as much as we do. Ideally, they care much more. That hasn't seemed to be the case for quite awhile.
I tell you what hasn't worked in awhile, ever since the advent of the internet our NegaVol attitude of always attacking coaches and players is not working! Social media has fractured our fanbase and all the NegaVols negativity has accomplished absolutely squat. Go back and watch some of Saban's early press conferences at Bama when he basically told the negative faction of their fanbase to go to he!!, that the team simply didn't need them around to be successful. I think it's long past time for our AD, head coach, administration and VFL fans to tell the NegaVols to move on, their way of moaning, groaning and acting like 5th grade children is doing absolutely nothing to help the program. It worked at Bama, it worked in the movie Hoosiers during the team introductions to the school and I think it's time we try it. Go find a new hobby NegaVols.

Fair weather fans? Are you f@@king kidding me? Tennessee hasn't been relevant in almost 20 years, gtfo with that fair weather fans BS.

You can support your team and be critical of the program at the same time. If you care about something speak the truth. The truth is we are not good and haven’t had a true contender since 2001. I have supported the Vols through good, Mediocre, bad, and really bad (2008-2020). The UTAD should be kissing our Azz for having to witness football incompetence going on a decade plus. There is nothing “fair weather” in complaining about a twelve year rebuild.

I tell you what hasn't worked in awhile, ever since the advent of the internet our NegaVol attitude of always attacking coaches and players is not working! Social media has fractured our fanbase and all the NegaVols negativity has accomplished absolutely squat. Go back and watch some of Saban's early press conferences at Bama when he basically told the negative faction of their fanbase to go to he!!, that the team simply didn't need them around to be successful. I think it's long past time for our AD, head coach, administration and VFL fans to tell the NegaVols to move on, their way of moaning, groaning and acting like 5th grade children is doing absolutely nothing to help the program. It worked at Bama, it worked in the movie Hoosiers during the team introductions to the school and I think it's time we try it. Go find a new hobby NegaVols.
Yeah, let's give Pruitt 10 more years and then maybe just maybe we can compete with Vandy and Kentucky again

VN Store

Back