Why does our basketball team suck?

They can't shoot, they're soft, they suck at pressing, they turn the ball over too much, they're soft, and they get jumped on easily.

Growing pains.

I've seen worse years than this,and would never say they sucked.But hey I'm just a fan,what do I know.

the coaching staff needs to get there heads out of their a$$. its not like we dont have the talent, Chism and Smith are a top 10 1-2 punch. Hopson was a top 5 recruit, maze was going to be the "solution" at point. I just cant understand it.

Every year cannot be as great as last year. this team is still very young and is going to have some growig pains as they mature

but we are getting beat by young teams. outside of gonzaga, you would think we should be able to beat every team we have played.

The growing pains arguement would be alot better if we were getting better. Our best games were in the first 6 or 7 games this year.

mature? chism and smith 3 year starters. prince started last year. maze in a jr. hopson being a freshman should not be a big deal. ask memphis w/evans, g-town w/ monroe and u of lw/ samuals

Lots of kids that have never tasted high level NCAA basketball. Maze has, but it wasn't like he was setting the world on fire at OU either.

That being said, I still think Coach Pearl is adjusting in his own right. This is one of his best classes, and he has a bunch of different egos to mesh together. I don't think he has ever had this problem before, especially while never being out of the spot light. At some point, he has to step on some toes, makes some kids mad, and do the things that got him the job in the first place. He's gonna to have to give the kids an ultimatum, and leave it up to them. Some kids will get mad, some might transfer, but thats part of it.

mature? chism and smith 3 year starters. prince started last year. maze in a jr. hopson being a freshman should not be a big deal. ask memphis w/evans, g-town w/ monroe and u of lw/ samuals

Evans also had a small army getting him NBA ready. The kid has had personal trainer, personal basketball coach, a nutritionist, and some over protective brothers steering him toward the NBA for a long time. Hopson hasn't had that.

That's a long answer. The main reason we lost tonight IMO (and a couple other close ones) was with forty something seconds to go....Pearl calls Tyler's number and he dribbles to the baseline and steps on it. We need our go to leaders to step up when the game's on the line. You take another trip down the floor & Hopson turns it over. Two trips down at the end of the game, and you don't get a shot off. It doesn't matter how well, hard, determined, etc. you play if you finish (or don't for that matter) like we keep doing.

that all comes back to the coach becoming a leader. he has yet to do that. big game after big game we come up short.

That's a long answer. The main reason we lost tonight IMO (and a couple other close ones) was with forty something seconds to go....Pearl calls Tyler's number and he dribbles to the baseline and steps on it. We need our go to leaders to step up when the game's on the line. You take another trip down the floor & Hopson turns it over. Two trips down at the end of the game, and you don't get a shot off. It doesn't matter how well, hard, determined, etc. you play if you finish (or don't for that matter) like we keep doing.

maybe he didnt understand wut pearl meant by stepping up when the game is on the line? so he jus....decided...to....:crazy:

Because Chism is the only one playing worth a crap right now.

Tyler has been a major disappointment this year, Hopson is a bust. Prince is either really good or really sucks (usually the latter). No one plays defense and no one can hit a shot within 3 feet.

VN Store

Back