Why didn't we go after Gus Malzahn or Tom Hermann

why would any coach give up all that $ to take over this dumpster fire? I’m sure we reached out to both and I’m sure we were flat out turned down by both.

Reactions: 08Vol and BillD83
Probably because ucf was his school and he wanted to help out his coach and school after leaving them?

Because they are getting paid big bucks to enjoy retirement. Why would either of them, or any big name coach, come into a program that is staring down the barrel of multiple NCAA penalties and sanctions. Time to face reality.

Reactions: 08Vol
why would any coach give up all that $ to take over this dumpster fire? I’m sure we reached out to both and I’m sure we were flat out turned down by both.
We offer a long term deal which exceeds their buyout. In our situation the only thing we can do to make the job more attractive is to throw money at it.

Why? These invisible sanctions that would be a built in reason for a rough patch.. Proven guys like that could get through it and show the light at the end of the tunnel at the very least. Which would keep the fan base excited and waiting for when they'd be unleashed from whatever "punishment" is heading our way. But no, we go to the bargain basement. I just can't get behind these types of hires anymore. I've forced myself to since Dooley...

Show us where we didn’t go after them? Show me where we didn’t go after Napier, Chadwell, Campbell and Franklin.

Reactions: BDP!
Gus has 20 million reasons not to coach anywhere this year. The man just got fired and has been posting pictures of playing golf. He probably wants to take time off to recharge, not walk into a dumpster fire of a situation.

How much would I have to pay you to come and live a stressed out life in year 1 when you had 20+ million sitting in your account?

If Gus said "no thanks", it probably wasn't because of our offer.

Napier, Chadwell, Heupel...Potato/Potahto. Was hoping for Tony Elliot, but hire could be much worse in my opinion.

VN Store

Back