Who's trying to work today??

CAVPUT

Embracing the inner nega in all of us
Being self employed, I don't get the luxury of calling in sick so who else is gonna try to get something done knowing UT is playing in a win or go home game today?

Regardless of the outcome, I'm pretty happy with the year we've had. I can remember someone saying "you gotta lose one before you can win one" about the super bowl. I'm thinking it applies to all championships. By all accounts, we have some serious talent headed our way so this might be the spark to bigger and better for our baseball program. All we need is a couple of commitments. First, the UT admin needs to give Tony V what he wants for his staff and for the facility. Then we need Tony V to commit to making UT baseball a serious player on the national stage by signing his contract.

I think all this happens in short order after things wrap up in Omaha for the Vols one way or the other. So for all the folks who aren't working today, enjoy the game. Hope we kick tail and send the horns back home.

I work from home and have a flexible schedule so I will be riveted to the TV during the game.

Edit: I too think this is the beginning of a good run for TN baseball. Danny White will get a contract extension done with Tony V. and the LN stadium has needed an upgrade for years to even begin to compete with what other SEC schools have.

I called a vendor at 4pm yesterday to move a meeting up from 2pm to noon so I can get out of the office and get home. Normally not a big deal but the guy is driving in from southern Arkansas to north Alabama so made him get up 2 hrs earlier this morning to head over.

I called a vendor at 4pm yesterday to move a meeting up from 2pm to noon so I can get out of the office and get home. Normally not a big deal but the guy is driving in from southern Arkansas to north Alabama so made him get up 2 hrs earlier this morning to head over.

Maybe he's an Arky fan - double whammy! Suck it Trebek!

I’m at work. My boss wants to do an inventory on one of our customers today. Last time we played during work, i had a performance review. It’s like my boss knows the game is happening and wants to keep me from watching at all costs

I was supposed to go the game today then work called me and needs me to fly to Detroit. We haven’t lost any game I’ve been to this season (6) so if we lose blame my job!
You better find a way to be there then. I’ll call your boss and fly to Detroit myself just for you to be at that game.

Had to travel for work today. Trying to decide if I can get away at lunch so I can make it home before first pitch. Probably won’t be able to leave until 2 though.

Have my last meeting at 2. I will definitely be on mute. I just hope I’m only asked anything directly during a commercial break! Go Vols!!!

Reactions: VolNExile
Being self employed, I don't get the luxury of calling in sick so who else is gonna try to get something done knowing UT is playing in a win or go home game today?

Regardless of the outcome, I'm pretty happy with the year we've had. I can remember someone saying "you gotta lose one before you can win one" about the super bowl. I'm thinking it applies to all championships. By all accounts, we have some serious talent headed our way so this might be the spark to bigger and better for our baseball program. All we need is a couple of commitments. First, the UT admin needs to give Tony V what he wants for his staff and for the facility. Then we need Tony V to commit to making UT baseball a serious player on the national stage by signing his contract.

I think all this happens in short order after things wrap up in Omaha for the Vols one way or the other. So for all the folks who aren't working today, enjoy the game. Hope we kick tail and send the horns back home.

Just spent a week in Key West, so I'm having to work today. Done at 3:30 though, so I'll see some of it.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Two words - double screens :)

The one with the back to the office door will have, well let's just say it will not be work related content and leave it at that........GBO !!!

Reactions: VolNExile
Those pesky vendors...
GBO!!

I thought this was gonna be one of those links where you tell us that you make $9k/hr working from home and then proceed to tell the rest of us how we can too.
GBO!!

Reactions: CAVPUT and MAD
Have a proposal due Friday, so will be on tape delay. Plus, have to wait for the kiddos to get out of camp anyways.

Reactions: OneVolNation

VN Store

Back