Who's Opting Out of the Vols Bowl Game? Who's Going Pro & Who's Coming back?

To win a bowl game, we’re gonna need every da..n one of em!! Injured better get healthy too. This team can’t afford to lose the back up long snapper.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I would think Milton would need to boost his draft stock by playing.
We should know if Wright is returning when practice starts.

Reactions: cgbtn
It's funny I guarantee there's a bunch of haters on here hoping JM will opt out. The same ones would chastise someone they wanted to play who opted out, but we all would take the play for money if it was an option, when we were in College.

Last edited:
I don't think I'm going to be able to a bowl game this year, so I'm opting out.

I would think they would ask the players not to announce until they accept a bowl invitation to prevent bowls from backing out on a teams priority.
Ok but the op posted a 25min video on who is opting out. I'm curious if he actually watched it and can provide any insight

You tell me if you learned anything. I did, so I shared it.
You didn't share what you learned. Why not provide some info since nothing has been released about any UT players? Does this guy usually have inside info?

I would think Milton would need to boost his draft stock by playing.
We should know if Wright is returning when practice starts.
I think your right. If JM gets drafted at all, I would guess it will be in the 7th round. Nobody in the nfl needs a qb that throws a ball that's uncatchable. In the MO game, Joe threw a pass that went through 3 pairs of hands and still went 15 yards out of bounds. I also don't think Joe processes info quickly enough to play qb in the nfl. If he can catch, he would make a heck of a tight end. Tebow turned down an offer to make that switch.

Reactions: walkenvol
I think your right. If JM gets drafted at all, I would guess it will be in the 7th round. Nobody in the nfl needs a qb that throws a ball that's uncatchable. In the MO game, Joe threw a pass that went through 3 pairs of hands and still went 15 yards out of bounds. I also don't think Joe processes info quickly enough to play qb in the nfl. If he can catch, he would make a heck of a tight end. Tebow turned down an offer to make that switch.

I ain’t the sharpest knife in the drawer. That typed, as I understand things, Milton will go high in the draft. NFL teams actually like that laser pass. Their receivers can catch it. With his size and strength some of them will take a shot thinking they can mold him. Just my pennies.

It's funny I guarantee there's a bunch of haters on here hoping JM will opt out. The same ones would chastise someone they wanted to play, but we all would take the play for money if it was an option, when we were in College.
The ones wanting Joe to sit are the same ones who will be in here b@tching if we lose.

I think you’re right. If JM gets drafted at all, I would guess it will be in the 7th round. Nobody in the nfl needs a qb that throws a ball that's uncatchable. In the MO game, Joe threw a pass that went through 3 pairs of hands and still went 15 yards out of bounds. I also don't think Joe processes info quickly enough to play qb in the nfl. If he can catch, he would make a heck of a tight end. Tebow turned down an offer to make that switch.
In the NFL those balls are expected to be catches. Our fan base has gotten this idea that Joe throws an uncatchable ball that is just not true. NFL teams are going to love that tight spiral and someone is going to take a shot on him and probably higher than you anticipate.

Joe is still working on his Heisman campaign, so for sure he is going to start in our bowl game.

If I was Joe I would leave on the positive. The game he played against Vanderbilt was awesome and his overall play for the year without having a vertical wide receiver and offensive line was very good.
Playing the bowl game could cost him if he has a bad game, where as a good game will not move the needle that much I don't feel. It's not like the Vols will be playing one of the top tier teams like Georgia or Michigan in the bowl game to help his status.
Again, if I was Joe I would park it and get ready for the NFL draft.
Go Vols

Receivers in the NFL are much faster and taller so Joe can’t overthrow them and they have incredible hands…

I ain’t the sharpest knife in the drawer. That typed, as I understand things, Milton will go high in the draft. NFL teams actually like that laser pass. Their receivers can catch it. With his size and strength some of them will take a shot thinking they can mold him. Just my pennies.
Cant remember who is was as a receiver but Nico threw a laser pass, a little swing route pass to the left and it went right through the receivers hands. IMO if it hits your hands as a P5 College or a Pro receiver ( you are the best of the best out of 1000s of former HS receivers) none of those guys are going to use the excuse "the reason I didn't catch that it was just thrown too hard".

I would expect JoeM to be a true Combine Monster.
He is a physical freak and the Combine favors that.
Everything that was positive about Levis' Combine stats should be exceeded by Milton.
He'll get attention for sure.
The negative against him is this QB class is very talented, and Levis' competition in the last draft was weak.
Hooker and Bryce Young were the Big Talents with NFL awareness and accuracy.
There are several this year.

Cant remember who is was as a receiver but Nico threw a laser pass, a little swing route pass to the left and it went right through the receivers hands. IMO if it hits your hands as a P5 College or a Pro receiver ( you are the best of the best out of 1000s of former HS receivers) none of those guys are going to use the excuse "the reason I didn't catch that it was just thrown too hard".
How many scoring drives did Nico have Saturday against Vandy?

VN Store

Back