Who's minutes will Saunders take?

She'll take neither. Unless she made a huge improvement in the offseason, she won't be a part of the rotation.

Green will probably get 6th starter minutes, and Striplin will likely be around the 10-12 min average mark. Not a whole lot of minutes left for Emily.

She'll take neither. Unless she made a huge improvement in the offseason, she won't be a part of the rotation.

Green will probably get 6th starter minutes, and Striplin will likely be around the 10-12 min average mark. Not a whole lot of minutes left for Emily.
I believe she gets some minutes....

I believe she gets some minutes....
She wasn't able to carve much playing time out last year when there was no post depth. Don't see her taking away from Keyen who is a much better player, or from Karolin's development time. We'll see. Might need to throw her into the fire in certain games if Key is in foul trouble and they are facing off against a big frontline, but other than that...not sure she sees the court.

She wasn't able to carve much playing time out last year when there was no post depth. Don't see her taking away from Keyen who is a much better player, or from Karolin's development time. We'll see. Might need to throw her into the fire in certain games if Key is in foul trouble and they are facing off against a big frontline, but other than that...not sure she sees the court.
I'm hoping she is much improved ..developed some tenacity and want to!!! Could be the storyline of the season...

I don’t post much in here, but I don’t see her contributing much this year. She’s just not very and good and not athletic enough. Hopefully she proves me wrong.

Reactions: alexvol
I don’t post much in here, but I don’t see her contributing much this year. She’s just not very and good and not athletic enough. Hopefully she proves me wrong.
Can't teach height.....

Can't teach height.....

And you aren't good at basketball JUST because you have height. It is very unlikely she is part of any regular rotation for playing time. You seem invested in this idea that he can help us win. It is very hopeful but it is not reality.

And you aren't good at basketball JUST because you have height. It is very unlikely she is part of any regular rotation for playing time. You seem invested in this idea that he can help us win. It is very hopeful but it is not reality.
I guess we shall see. I hope the best for the young lady .

I would think she would get some minutes at the five as Key is usually a 25 minute maximum player. I don't think she will be taking any players minutes seems she had to be penciled in as a backup to the five from the beginning. Green the other option to play a lot of five maybe Striplin. I think they will try Emily early and the minutes she gets are hers to lose. If she is ineffective Green and Striplin move up and take her minutes. I think Green is at least a 20 minute player and Striplin at least 10 starting the season with the option for a lot more depending on her play. Starters are Key and Snoop who definitely is a 25 minute player or more, but she can play the 3, 4, and even the two so the 80 minutes inside could allow Emily to earn some minutes if she can do the job.

You're exactly right. She has actually taken a step back this year, from what I observed at practice. She's in worse shape than last year and still doesn't have any drive. I would be surprised to see her on the floor at all once SEC play rolls around (unless we are in foul trouble or another unforeseen circumstance).

If Key gets in foul trouble, we will need her. We don't need anything from her on offense, just rebound, defend, and protect the paint.
Keyen and probably Karolin would be able to do a better job than Emily, unless against a team with a massive front line like SC or UConn. Even then, they'd probably still be more effective than Emily.' I'm not sure if her height advantage translates into any sort of matchup advantage that the other two couldn't bring.

Keyen and probably Karolin would be able to do a better job than Emily, unless against a team with a massive front line like SC or UConn. Even then, they'd probably still be more effective than Emily.' I'm not sure if her height advantage translates into any sort of matchup advantage that the other two couldn't bring.

I think there is a psychological advantage to having a longarmed shotblocker in the paint.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
I love Emily and I wish her the best but she will likely NOT be in the rotation unless we are winning BIG. No way she is getting in during SEC play or any quality team.
I mean think about the match up with SC BOSTON/SAUNDERS or CORDOSIA/SAUNDERS not happening 🤔

You're exactly right. She has actually taken a step back this year, from what I observed at practice. She's in worse shape than last year and still doesn't have any drive. I would be surprised to see her on the floor at all once SEC play rolls around (unless we are in foul trouble or another unforeseen circumstance).
Well that's a darn shame,, if you have seen her
in practice and she looks this bad she's in big
trouble. I was hoping in off season she would
have received some basketball workouts that
would have honed her skills.

VN Store

Back