Whole Lotta Banking Going On

Absolutely! Ronnie Lott was a beast. Does anyone remember that he had his pinky finger amputated because he didn't want to miss game time for a broken finger?
We were just talking about this at work the other day.

I remember Lott from watching him at (i think) USC? He had a "fro" that stuck out of his helmet. I knew he had attitude then. In the pros, I don't think I have ever seen a consistent harder hitting defensive player.
Banks has been thru a lot and has matured a bunch also. Wish him nothing but the best. He has been an asset to a thin defense we've had this year.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
last one he got was BS
If memory serves me correctly, the majority of his flags were hitting out of bounds, most close. The PF @ Pitt could have been avoided if the officials would have been a little quicker on the whistle. They do extend drives , but I feel are a result of aggressive play, not dirty. Targeting ( which ALA. & OM made a clinic of), chop blocks, and late hits result in far more injuries. I hope all players progress as much in one year as this kid did this year. I hope he improves at the same rate while getting a little more control. It has been a fun year from so many perspectives. I am enjoying the overall more positive vibe on this board. In all fairness, comparing any of our players to former all pros is a bit of a stretch. Much better than throwing shade, I'll gladly take it. GBO

You can't be serious comparing Jeremy Banks to Ronnie Lott in any form or fashion. Banks couldn't carry Lott's jock strap lol.

Yes, as a college player. He hasn't become a pro Ronnie yet. And I said he reminded me of Ronnie, should have added when Ron was a college player. But no matter, that's who Banks reminds me of, it's my brain after all. I'm free to think what I want. And I can Futterwacken too. :cool:

Just for snicks and giggles Ronnie Lott was a USC Trojan.

You can't be serious comparing Jeremy Banks to Ronnie Lott in any form or fashion. Banks couldn't carry Lott's jock strap lol.
Yeah that's not a good comparison especially a linebacker vs safety. Did I really read someone compared him to Ray Lewis? Lott hasn't touched a football in almost 30 years but when people mention all time hardest hitters that's a name that pops up instantly. He'd never play a second half in today's game.

Got it!!! I kept trying to remember of whom Jeremy Banks reminded me. Finally, I remembered the guy. A hard charging, hard hitting, periodically penalized DB - Ronnie Lott. However, Lott was practically an interception machine as well. Something, Banks hasn't often deposited into his account as yet.

Any old-timers remember that guy?
Young timers should know who he is.
Not a football fan if one doesn't know who he is...........

But, Banks isn't anywhere remotely close to Lott.

I remember Lott very well. I like what banks has done also but I wouldn't put him on a level with Lott, at least not yet. I saw Lott put one guy in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. Pull up some replays on youtube of Lott and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I know Lott never got a targeting call because it didn’t exist. Actually hits like that were glorified. I’ve got an old NFL VHS that has a complication of devastating hits mostly across the middle. I don’t even think when Jack Tatum who paralyzed Daryl Stingely was penalized. Those Raiders were famous for being hardest hitting Defenses.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Lott was one of the top NFL safeties of all time.

Banks has made a lot of tackles this season, but for too big of gains. When he can start getting of the the block, take better angles and make more tackles at and behind the line of scrimmage he will looked at as a good LB.

Reactions: JarFly
Absolutely! Ronnie Lott was a beast. Does anyone remember that he had his pinky finger amputated because he didn't want to miss game time for a broken finger?

Obviously not a piano player.... WTH not tape it and get a shot of Morphine ?? Radical, IMO.

Check out the final season SEC stats. Banks finished 3rd in the SEC in total tackles. Scroll down 5 more names and you'll eventually get to To'oto'o.

Look even more carefully and you'll see he had better numbers in every other defensive statisical category than Henry T.

Not that anyone is a To'oto'o fan here, but I was glad to see Banks up at the top. He has persevered.

Most of the plays Banks gets flagged for were legal when Lott was playing. Back when men were men.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Bro what??? Comparing Banks to Ronnie Lott 😂 😂 and someone said Ray Lewis??? Y’all pump the brakes sheesh

VN Store

Back