Who would you start at QB?

Who would you start at QB this season if you were the head coach?

• Jarrett Guarantano

• Harrison Bailey

• Brian Maurer

• JT Shrout

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm partial to Maurer. If we can clean up his decision making, he is fearless and has tremendous upside. Redshirt the two freshmen and let JG transfer or back up Maurer.
I only want a better QB regardless of who it is. But agree that if Maurer can even normal progress physically and in the things you mention he has the talent to challenge for the job. Few Fr come in ready to play... even the great ones. Even Manning was "managed" for much of his Fr year. His progress between his first two years though... was pretty incredible.

I believe our defense will be able to carry any QB to a successful season. Not undefeated or anything but 8-4 or better and compete with the big boys. That is why I vote Bailey with the pure physical ability and frame to but on more of that. give the kid all the experience possible. Did I mention I am a defensive guy. Our Best teams in the past had monster defenses.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Gotta start JG. You can give Bailey a few possessions here and there to get his feet wet. Until JG just totally blows it, you start him.

Let Maurer start - already had time in Pruitt's system and he gets that much needed experience. Let JG be the experienced backup in case of injury or if Maurer's learning curve doesn't go as planned. HB should sit and learn a while. Certainly wouldn't start him over JG.

Go watch at the 8:40 mark of the video and watch the throw. he has the potential to make all the throws. Puts it where it is needed to be for only his guy. Not sure how to make the link work.

Go watch at the 8:40 mark of the video and watch the throw. he has the potential to make all the throws. Puts it where it is needed to be for only his guy. Not sure how to make the link work.

He had a rough game overall in the first half but showed skills from his raw talent. Did follow this up with a pick in the endzone. never gave up though. Kids a state champ at the highest level in GA high school football. Better than what is on the roster now.

I'm all for starting the guy that looks the best in practice. That is where you earn the job. You keep the job by performing in games or next man up.

Yay, another thread about who should start at QB! I don't think this topic has been addressed...….in the last 5 minutes.

Sorry if it’s already been asked, but has anyone talked about Kasim Hill? Wasn’t he a 4 star guy who had some big games? Is he at all a possibility?

Sorry if it’s already been asked, but has anyone talked about Kasim Hill? Wasn’t he a 4 star guy who had some big games? Is he at all a possibility?
My guess is he wasn’t playing in the most competitive conference and his numbers were not great. On top of that he’s had two serious injuries to both knees and he moved into the SEC. So I can see why he has a lot to prove.

Unfortunately, there are guys who are practice warriors but cannot translate it to the field. The coaches were shocked with how differently JG played in games last year compared to how he practiced.

What you say works 85% of the time. Maybe more. But there are guys who practice great and play poorly and others who don't look like much in practice who find a different gear in games.
The good thing about this is it says that JG is capable of playing good ball. Bad thing is, he has a hard time doing it when the lights on. But he is capable. So maybe, just maybe he can start to in games with another year of Chaney. I have my doubts but at least this points towards it being a possibility.

Reactions: 1vol8
That's not what you said. He threw some INT's being aggressive. You can often fix that. Coaches have been trying to fix JG's slow reads and inability to anticipate plays for over 4 years now.
What are you saying I said?

Fair, but we should not forget that HB has proven he knows how to win. He certainly beat the odds leading his team to win the GA HS championship...and he did it well. Hopefully he translates that winning ability to the next level.
He can read a defense and makes smart decisions.

He can read a defense and makes smart decisions.
Haven’t seen you in a while. Good ta see ya!

He’s proven he can read Hs defenses. I think it’s fair to say that college is a different/ more advanced scheme. That being said I think most highly touted qbs that put up good numbers in Hs can read a defense to some degree. Jmo

Reactions: Proud Army Wife

VN Store

Back