Who would you start at QB?

Who would you start at QB this season if you were the head coach?

• Jarrett Guarantano

• Harrison Bailey

• Brian Maurer

• JT Shrout

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Think QB troubles will be the achilleus heel of this team. Just wish we had the Spring practice to sort this out. Could be sorting this out through the year and take some losses along the way that should be wins leading to a season scrambling to make a Bowl game.

Just like yours. I've had people get upset with me but I don't see great arm strength either. There is some indication that he's been yanked in different directions concerning his physical development. I personally think he needs to develop more arm strength before playing... but that can be done in a summer.

I hate to open myself up like this... but I'm more excited about Salter than HB at this point.
And so it begins..

Are you guys even watching the right team?!?

Caleb Pressley needs to be the starter. NO question about his ability to win big games!

Brian Maurer would be my starter.
I agree, second year in the system should make for better decisions which was his biggest problem last year. He’s as accurate as any of them, stronger arm than some of them and the most mobile and fastest of all the pure qbs. Im just not sure that Pruitt and Co can tame his aggressive nature. I believe he’ll always be “high risk, high reward” but when was the last time we’ve beaten Bama, Florida or UGA playing safe? 🤷‍♂️

The only vote I would give at this time is that a couple of the current QB's we have on roster probably will not be in the QB room very long. I'm squarely on record not making predictions etc at this point in the year because of all the variables in play here. To me its almost like trying to predict how many wins we'll have in 2025 :confused:

At the end of the day someone has to take the job from JG. Without a spring that puts the younger guys at a disadvantage because of the experience JG has. The perfect scenario is JG gets his head out of his butt and lead the team while the number 2 and 3 guys learn. The problem with that is how long will it take for him to get his head out because it's up there pretty far.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I hate to open myself up like this... but I'm more excited about Salter than HB at this point.
Fair, but we should not forget that HB has proven he knows how to win. He certainly beat the odds leading his team to win the GA HS championship...and he did it well. Hopefully he translates that winning ability to the next level.

With the Spring practice having one practice and kno knowledge of when or if Fall practice begins, No one could predict whomight even be here for the first game, if there is one this year. Just too early to have any idea who will start any of the games at QB and many other positions. Also, whoever starts the first scheduled game may not be the starter for any of the remaining games. I am not sure we will even be able to play any games this year. I think Knoxville had 14 new cases of Covid19 reported yesterday. Not looking very good.

14 new cases out of almost 200,000 people? Wow, shut everything down. Are you one of those that knows numerous people that the doctors have told the families to start making arrangements? You brainwashed noob.

I’m referring to his 5 interceptions and a few others that hit the defender in the hands.
That's not what you said. He threw some INT's being aggressive. You can often fix that. Coaches have been trying to fix JG's slow reads and inability to anticipate plays for over 4 years now.

I chose JG to start until one of the other QB's get their feet under them. If we can keep JG out of his own head for a game or two then I think we will just fine until one of the others takes charge.

Last season JG looked good coming off the bench. I’d probably start with Maurer then bring JG in on the 2nd or 3rd series...depending on how well Maurer is doing. Might start all of em throughout the season...except JG. Although he’d probably get the most playing time.

VN Store

Back