Who will lead the Vols in scoring this year?

I have a feeling Vescovi’s points may average single digits just because of the pieces that are around him. I know Barnes said he has improved more than anyone but I think it may show in his assist and turnover numbers more than scoring.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I don’t think springer is nearly as good a shooter as many think. He’s going to be a dribble drive scorer with little outside success imo
I think his outside shot is still developing, but I don’t think it’s broken by any means, based on what I’ve seen. Working on shooting form and developing shooters is one of Barnes’ strengths.

I think his outside shot is still developing, but I don’t think it’s broken by any means, based on what I’ve seen. Working on shooting form and developing shooters is one of Barnes’ strengths.

No doubt it’s a strength of Barnes but with this covid offseason I doubt he’s had time to develop it as much as normal.

Hope I am wrong

I have a feeling Vescovi’s points may average single digits just because of the pieces that are around him. I know Barnes said he has improved more than anyone but I think it may show in his assist and turnover numbers more than scoring.
My thing with him is you’ve got to think he’s going to get a couple 3’s a game, and then if he’s your PG there’s a good chance he’s going to the FT line at the end of a lot of games considering how good he is from the line.

No doubt it’s a strength of Barnes but with this covid offseason I doubt he’s had time to develop it as much as normal.

Hope I am wrong
Yeah, maybe this year. Apologies if I misunderstood the context of your comment that it be exclusive to this season alone. I meant going forward. Next year, if he sticks around, it could really develop over the course of his career.

Reactions: BruinVol

Hope I am wrong
Even without COVID it’s on the players, Barnes watched them and tells them what they need to change and then it’s up to them to take 500+ shots a day with that form. Barnes said they’ve reshaped Anosike’s shot this off-season so I would guess they’ve been able to work on some guys shots.

Reactions: cncchris33
Even without COVID it’s on the players, Barnes watched them and tells them what they need to change and then it’s up to them to take 500+ shots a day with that form. Barnes said they’ve reshaped Anosike’s shot this off-season so I would guess they’ve been able to work on some guys shots.

Sure. It would be somewhat unique for a freshmen to have that crazy work ethic that it takes for that though. Many times it takes a few years to get into that kind of devotion.

If we're championship contenders we've got to score some points, who is going to give us points this year, my prediction:
Fulky 14 per game
Keon 11
Pons 11
James 12
Vescovi 12
Springer 6
Anosike 7
Bailey 5.
We're going to be a high scoring team without a big time scorer. We might have trouble finding a go to guy when we absolutely need a bucket to win a close game.
Bailey will be closer to 10, probably 8-9 per game

If we're championship contenders we've got to score some points, who is going to give us points this year, my prediction:
Fulky 14 per game
Keon 11
Pons 11
James 12
Vescovi 12
Springer 6
Anosike 7
Bailey 5.
We're going to be a high scoring team without a big time scorer. We might have trouble finding a go to guy when we absolutely need a bucket to win a close game.[/QQUote
Keon Johnso
Keon Johnson

Fulky 14 per game
Keon 11
Pons 11
James 12
Vescovi 12
Springer 6
Anosike 7
Bailey 5.
We're going to be a high scoring team without a big time scorer. We might have trouble finding a go to guy when we absolutely need a bucket to win a close game.

It won't be Cimaglia!

Hopefully the scoring is well dispersed so that defenses can't key on one individual but we also have at least 3 go to fellers for the clutch moments!

Ha he shot well tonight but I’d imagine he ends the year shooting closer to 30% from 3 than 40%. The free throw was ugly. Still should be a great player though
Yeah, just a friendly jab at Bruin after our conversation today. Jaden won't shoot 100% on the year, but his two tonight were huge.

Reactions: Vol49er

VN Store

Back