Who will lead the Vols in scoring this year?

PulaskiVolFan

If we're championship contenders we've got to score some points, who is going to give us points this year, my prediction:
Fulky 14 per game
Keon 11
Pons 11
James 12
Vescovi 12
Springer 6
Anosike 7
Bailey 5.
We're going to be a high scoring team without a big time scorer. We might have trouble finding a go to guy when we absolutely need a bucket to win a close game.

I'm a fan of JJJ as much as anyone but that's a big jump in scoring in what should be a more crowded wing rotation than last year. Think maybe I'd bring him down to 9 and give those 3 points to Springer

Finally a basketball post. I think Bailey/Vescovi...whoever's hot that night will collectively average about 10. I think there'll be alot of different leading scorers in games. We're going to be a match up problem for alot of teams...as deep as we are, we should be able to keep the D pressure on teams to the point to where they just can't handle it

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
If we're championship contenders we've got to score some points, who is going to give us points this year, my prediction:
Fulky 14 per game
Keon 11
Pons 11
James 12
Vescovi 12
Springer 6
Anosike 7
Bailey 5.
We're going to be a high scoring team without a big time scorer. We might have trouble finding a go to guy when we absolutely need a bucket to win a close game.

Let's see here ..... Ky could not stop Fulky when he was constantly double and triple teamed, and they tried four different guys on him and he went for 30 something - also Fulky shoots around 70
percent from the field so ........... I might consider going Fulky's way when we need a basket but it helps to have multiple options.

Let's see here ..... Ky could not stop Fulky when he was constantly double and triple teamed, and they tried four different guys on him and he went for 30 something - also Fulky shoots around 70
percent from the field so ........... I might consider going Fulky's way when we need a basket but it helps to have multiple options.
I agree, he's the guy. I think teams will play him differently this year and force our young guards to beat them. I still think Fulkerson has a good year.

I'm a fan of JJJ as much as anyone but that's a big jump in scoring in what should be a more crowded wing rotation than last year. Think maybe I'd bring him down to 9 and give those 3 points to Springer
He played hurt most of the season last year. I think the ball is going to be in his hands a bunch this year is why I think he jumps a bit.

Reactions: DC_Vol and Vol49er
Do you think he will be double teamed every time he gets the ball?
It's going to happen a bunch. I think since rebounding is one of our weaknesses and our guards are so young that we're going to face zone defenses more than normal. If our 3 point shooting struggles this year I could see Fulky having a tougher go of it over last season. Who plays PG and can they get to wherever the want before delivering the ball will be huge for Fulk. If our PGs can't dictate offense I could see our offense being similar to last season working through Fulkerson but I think we'll press and run more in order to open things up for us offensively. Teams are going to make our guards beat them though I feel.

Fulky didn’t get doubled much last year IIRC. Considering the disappointing seasons LT and Bowden had, I seriously doubt our guard play won’t be improved this season. SV was a solid 3 point shooter last year with Pons and JJJ being above average. VBJ was a quality 3 point shooter at Oregon and has been praised for it at UT. The freshmen are unknowns shooting from distance. Personally, I like the idea of Fulky being doubled

If JJJ ups his FG% 5 to 7% to the 42/45 range he will easily average 11 plus a game....

Fulk leads the team in scoring, but if Keon does ? It would be a really good thing, imo. Makes him the "Truth" and a lock lottery pick, but also means great things for the Vols, this season. Still, Fulk at 16 ppg and Vescovi at 15 ppg leads the team, Keon around 12 ppg

I think Springer is the most talented scorer on the team, so I’ll lean toward him. Fulky is probably the safe answer. Bailey is an interesting dark horse if he gets the PT.
I agree about Springer, but he is probably in the biggest logjam for minutes, unfortunately.

I agree about Springer, but he is probably in the biggest logjam for minutes, unfortunately.

If he plays up to his pedigree, he’ll have no problem getting enough minutes. Barnes uses both wings pretty interchangeably, so there’s plenty to go around for Keon, Springer, JJJ (who may play more PG than wing), and Bailey.

VN Store

Back