Who will come back?

So we have all these scholarships and grants and we complain about Vandy? That school costs 3 or 4 times or more what it costs to go here. Also, we have been bringing in 25 to 35 new kids every year and then weed them out in the fall. Basically holding tryout camps. Vandy can not do that due to cost. I wish everyone would quit crying about the scholarship bs, it's just an excuse. TV has righted this ship. The scholly BS was the previous regime's excuse for their failures.

Reactions: nashvillepanther
I think everyone aside from Derkay is eligible to come back if they were so inclined. Who do y’all think comes back? I think Ferguson could probably be drafted pretty highly, as well as Rucker so I could unfortunately see them going.

I think Derkay and Heflin are the only ones that are out of eligibility. Here are my guesses for fun, and I emphasize “Guesses”:
Lipcius - moves on, maybe signs as FA
Ferguson - gone, draft
Rucker - gone, draft
Spence - gone, draft
Dallas - gone, draft
Leath - not sure, likely gone in draft
Hunley - not sure, draft or maybe back
Russell - back
Pavalony - not sure, I say back
Walsh - back

Who did I miss?

I think Derkay and Heflin are the only ones that are out of eligibility. Here are my guesses for fun, and I emphasize “Guesses”:
Lipcius - moves on, maybe signs as FA
Ferguson - gone, draft
Rucker - gone, draft
Spence - gone, draft
Dallas - gone, draft
Leath - not sure, likely gone in draft
Hunley - not sure, draft or maybe back
Russell - back
Pavalony - not sure, I say back
Walsh - back

Who did I miss?

I'm pretty sure that Walsh is out of eligibility.

Burns at 79 would make 780K signing bonus
Max at 150 would make 357K
Moore would make 294K
Chad - 220K
Leath - 154K
Conner - 146K

House is gone at #5 - 6.2 million

Burns might think he will make a lot more money in a future draft if he goes to school now. But that's a lot of money to turn down now. So might Moore.

I could see Max and Leath thinking they could get a lot more in next year's draft, and return to school for one more season, maybe even Chad and Pav.

Those are slot values. Players and teams can negotiate higher and lower amounts. Many teams will draft seniors in rounds 8, 9 and 10 to save money so they can go over slot for higher ratings players selected in the earlier rounds.

Reactions: nashvillepanther
4 years is a grind, doing it for 6 is on another level of dedication. He’s a smart kid and may want to go to grad school, if he does, he might be back

And also a lifelong Tennessee fan, could be a similar situation to Fulky

Reactions: TN_gal
So we have all these scholarships and grants and we complain about Vandy? That school costs 3 or 4 times or more what it costs to go here. Also, we have been bringing in 25 to 35 new kids every year and then weed them out in the fall. Basically holding tryout camps. Vandy can not do that due to cost. I wish everyone would quit crying about the scholarship bs, it's just an excuse. TV has righted this ship. The scholly BS was the previous regime's excuse for their failures.

The Vandy advantage was a popular topic among a bunch of fans and other schools in Omaha. It’s an advantage when Kumar Rocker is a walk-on. The Mississippi schools don’t have a state lottery like Tennessee. It needs to be addressed.

Reactions: volfaninky
4 years is a grind, doing it for 6 is on another level of dedication. He’s a smart kid and may want to go to grad school, if he does, he might be back

LOL. Smart is an understatement. He's a rocket Scientist.

It's amazing that we had not one but two Aerospace Engineering grads in our starting lineup.

Those are slot values. Players and teams can negotiate higher and lower amounts. Many teams will draft seniors in rounds 8, 9 and 10 to save money so they can go over slot for higher ratings players selected in the earlier rounds.

Understand. Some teams draft a guy down the list with their first pick and negotiate down with him to save some money to give to the later picks because they want to sign everyone they draft and miss out on as few as they can. Orioles did that last year.

Burns at 79 would make 780K signing bonus
Max at 150 would make 357K
Moore would make 294K
Chad - 220K
Leath - 154K
Conner - 146K

House is gone at #5 - 6.2 million

Burns might think he will make a lot more money in a future draft if he goes to school now. But that's a lot of money to turn down now. So might Moore.

I could see Max and Leath thinking they could get a lot more in next year's draft, and return to school for one more season, maybe even Chad and Pav.
Must be my orange colored glasses but Max seems like a great prospect. Fast middle infielder with a great glove and some pop in his bat

Reactions: youcancallmeAl

VN Store

Back