who will be the biggest surprise this fall

Coleman may end up starting or as our nickel back. I really think he'll be a nickel back somewhat like the freshman from LSU that was great this past year. He was #14 his name is slipping my mind right now.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If we had anyone of berrys caliber this thread would be on that person alone, not a collection of players that could be jmo.

O - Neal
D - J. Smith
ST - Young
Neal and Smith showed flashes last year of what they can do.
Hopefully Young is the long awaited answer on punt return.

hopefully J. Worley will push Tyler. I have had the same feelings about T.B. I worry about the sophomore jinx and ofcourse some of these rediculous comparisons to Peyton....really? peyton? come on people. I hope TB isnt like peyton...peyton couldnt beat UF....GO VOLS and GO gettem Tyler.

So much fail in this post...including the user name.

Offense-Dallas and Fugate
Defense-Bohannon and Coleman

These will be the biggest surprises i think, some others mentioned aren't going to be a surprise.

So, if we name a player to break out, and then they break out, are they still a surprise?

So, if we name a player to break out, and then they break out, are they still a surprise?

No, i guess i wasn't very clear. i'm talking about players who will come in a little under the radar. Smith is pretty much expected to have a really good year from the general opinion. I'm talking about players who others may view as average and "usually" (notice emphasis on usually) don't make a huge difference, those constitute as surprise players, such as freshman, fullbacks, etc.

Last edited:
No, i guess i wasn't very clear. i'm talking about players who will come in a little under the radar. Smith is pretty much expected to have a really good year from the general opinion. I'm talking about players who others may view as average and "usually" (notice emphasis on usually) don't make a huge difference, those constitute as surprise players, such as freshman, fullbacks, etc.
I gotcha. I just did a poor job at making a joke.
I hope everyone are pleasant surprises.

In that case:
O = Marlin Lane - Not expected to start but circumstances will put him on the field and what we got in him will result in coaches not being able to keep him seated.

D = Eddrick Loften - Boy's been through hell, not even expected to be in school not to mention be on the team. But when he gets placed on the field, his hunger and frustration will result in a player playing and hitting with reckless abandon. Berry was great but this guy is going to scare the heck out of people. He's going to be all over that field. Can he stay eligible for school? Different question.

If we had anyone of berrys caliber this thread would be on that person alone, not a collection of players that could be jmo.

Was talking about Mathieu the freshman CB for LSU. You may want to read my post over............

In that case:
O = Marlin Lane - Not expected to start but circumstances will put him on the field and what we got in him will result in coaches not being able to keep him seated.

D = Eddrick Loften - Boy's been through hell, not even expected to be in school not to mention be on the team. But when he gets placed on the field, his hunger and frustration will result in a player playing and hitting with reckless abandon. Berry was great but this guy is going to scare the heck out of people. He's going to be all over that field. Can he stay eligible for school? Different question.

the phrase "eric berry was great, BUT" should never be used.

Fugate makes up for blazing speed with uncanny ability to see the hole; however, anywhere in the 4.60s aint bad. Combine his size, speed, hands, vision, work ethic and of course opportunity (which I think he's going to get) and I think you might have the biggest surprise come fall

i think mat milton will get alot of miss matchs on teams 4th db's next year

Fugate makes up for blazing speed with uncanny ability to see the hole; however, anywhere in the 4.60s aint bad. Combine his size, speed, hands, vision, work ethic and of course opportunity (which I think he's going to get) and I think you might have the biggest surprise come fall

Kidding me right. He's a hell of a fullback and will be a weapon in the passing game. But there's a reason he's not playing running back, and it's because he just won't be a good college RB.

i think mat milton will get alot of miss matchs on teams 4th db's next year

Yeah I think he'll and Vincent Dallas will see a lot of miss matches all year. D.coordinators are going to hate us if Neal can take over the reigns at RB

Kidding me right. He's a hell of a fullback and will be a weapon in the passing game. But there's a reason he's not playing running back, and it's because he just won't be a good college RB.

He's getting a few reps in spring drills at rb...coaches see something they want to explore a little more.

VN Store

Back