Who was Bob’s sidekick tonight on the radio?

Fulton must have had an amazing team with Bill Justus AND Ron Widby. Did the Mississippi State football player go to Fulton at the same time? Forgot his name... had one of the original charity golf tourneys in Knoxville. Wait... DD Lewis. Helped out the Boys Club with his event 40+/- years ago.

Holston probably wasn't too shabby a couple years later with the England brothers.

Fulton must have had an amazing team with Bill Justus AND Ron Widby. Did the Mississippi State football player go to Fulton at the same time? Forgot his name... had one of the original charity golf tourneys in Knoxville. Wait... DD Lewis. Helped out the Boys Club with his event 40+/- years ago.

Holston probably wasn't too shabby a couple years later with the England brothers.
Loaded but never won a state title in basketball or football until the last 20 years. The old trophy cases before they remodeled the school were filled with pics of Justus, Widby, DD, Jackie Walker and John Brown (at one time, had the state record in the 100 yard dash).

Bob mentioned that Justus shot like 90% from the free throw line at least one year at UT. Still, I had a higher ft% at Fulton, well, highest ever in varsity high school basketball, 100%. A record that will never be broken, unless they throw out some stupid minimum attempts requirement.

Loaded but never won a state title in basketball or football until the last 20 years. The old trophy cases before they remodeled the school were filled with pics of Justus, Widby, DD, Jackie Walker and John Brown (at one time, had the state record in the 100 yard dash).

You realize that "back then" they were real life 'state championships". One for awhile then 2. Now there's 5 or 6 in basketball and football is a complete joke.

You realize that "back then" they were real life 'state championships". One for awhile then 2. Now there's 5 or 6 in basketball and football is a complete joke.
Yes, I knew that. Even when I graduated in '89 there were only 3 classifications. Maryville beat us (Fulton) in '88 in the region playoffs (2A), 1-0 and went on to win the state in baseball that year. I agree with u, way to many classifications, now. Waters it down

VN Store

Back