Who thinks we get at least one 5 star?

Reality isn't real until it is. Signing day is in February of 2016 and we have a whole season to play in between then. You don't know how good we are, yet.

Somebody has to win or lose the game, every gameday. If we are as talented as 11 other teams that we play - which we are- then it is entirely possible to win all of those games.

And check the 2002, 2005 and 2015 recruiting classes. UT is certainly capable of a class with multiple 5 stars.
Kmac
Richmond
Phillips
Tuttle
Kamara
Preston Williams

Were all 5 stars on one site or another...

What does 02 05 2015 got to do with this year? I just don't see that we are serious contenders on enough elite players to land 5 (5* players) this year. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it. You are right about reality. See you in November.

Way, way to early to tell who we will get. This class will look totally different next February. I think we can get 2 to 3 5 stars (don't have to be consesus) by then if we win 8 or more regular season games plus a bowl game. I don't understand the pessimistic attitude. It's freakin July! We have plenty of time.

5 Star? Please. The way Guarantano is killing the camp circuit, we're gonna get the first 6 Star rating ever given.

I think we'll end up with at least a couple of 5 star dudes. Does anyone know what our status is with Marvin Wilson? He's a 5 star DT and his film shows that if they gave a 6th star he'd probably get it. Dude looks like Frankenstein, pretty scary.

I sure wish Sutton would have been a 5 star. I hate having a three star in the backfield.

Same here. Too bad we lost Rihyad Jones who was a 4* and could have pushed Sutton down to practice squad until our 5* gets here. Patience everyone.

Not a great photo. Man boobs.

I saw him and a few other players walking around Market Square earlier this week. Tuttle definitely looks like he still has some baby fat on him. M. North was also there and looks like an absolute beast. I don't see players up-close and in-person very often, and I was shocked at how big and athletic he looked.

I saw him and a few other players walking around Market Square earlier this week. Tuttle definitely looks like he still has some baby fat on him. M. North was also there and looks like an absolute beast. I don't see players up-close and in-person very often, and I was shocked at how big and athletic he looked.

If North can stay healthy he's gonna make a ridicolous Wr in the Nfl.The kid is built for the position and has everything u look for.I suspect if he has a good 800-1000 yd season he will probably leave for the Nfl.

Reactions: 1 person
Current 5* we seem to have a realistic shot at: Derrick Brown, Kareem Walker, Rashan Gary & Nate Craig-Myers (if we get them on campus)

Current commit with a realistic shot at 5*: Jarrett Guarantano

Guys we seem to have a realistic shot at that have a realistic shot at picking up 5*: Nigel Warrior, Mecole Hardman, Janarius Robinson, Nigel Knott, Feaster, Landon Dickerson (long shot for the position, but could happen if he keeps dominating camps and has a nice showing at an Army/UA all-star game), maybe one of the other big time receivers we're in on like Corley, Overton, Victor, etc. Williams or Bituli could ball out and get there but at this point seem like longer shots than Dickerson or the WR on this list

I could see us getting 2 or 3 of these guys as 5*'s. I would think that's about the max possible this year. Could end up with double digit top 100 guys though.

Reactions: 2 people
Honestly? I think it's remotely possible.

Jarrett Guarantano, Derrick Brown, Nigel Warrior, Landon Dickerson, Janarius Robinson, Kyle Davis, Mecole Hardman. All are guys who are looking hard at the Vols (or have committed already), are all guys who could feasibly end up five stars (or are already). Rashan Gary and Kareem Walker are a couple who are already five stars - I think it's a long shot that either signs with UT, but anything can happen. BJ Emmons has a very long shot that he could turn into a five star, but he'd have to solve his academic problems AND have a phenomenal senior year to make it happen.

The possibility that four or five of that list break into 5* and end up in Knoxville is remote, but hey. It's July, we're all bored. It's a fun dream.
Agree with this post. I think we get at least one of those guys and they have a high likelyhood of being a 5 star. JG I believe has a chance to get his 5th star as well.

The reality is this class will likely be a little lower rated than some in the past but Butch will have a great Oline class with a great get at QB. We'll probably take under 20 kids in this class because we had so many count forwards towards this class and we cannot afford to run short in 2017 on initial counters. 2016 will be better than it's ranking and 2017 Butch will load up.

If we get 4-5 5*'s and we're only signing 17 that would be very impressive. That's about 25% of the class. We'll definitely have at least one 5*. My guess is 3.

5*'s are great for recruiting rankings and fans to talk about but I fully trust Butch and this staff on their evaluations no matter how many stars a kid has. The days of doofus signing "diamonds in the rough" recruits and fans talking themselves into thinking we got a sleeper are over. Butch's track record of signing and developing 2-3*'s is waaaay better than most of the FCS type player's doofus signed at the last minute just to fill spots.

Reactions: 1 person
Guarantano, Warrior, and Hardman would be my guesses at the most likely 5 stars. Don't sleep on Gary or Walker either though. In 2017 I think we have 3, 5 stars that are likely Vol locks: Higgans, Gibbs, and Johnson.

I have a feeling we will get 4-5 5*s. No reason we shouldn't. Especially if we win 11 games.

yinmitaaxj8ve1l6zgma.gif

What does 02 05 2015 got to do with this year? I just don't see that we are serious contenders on enough elite players to land 5 (5* players) this year. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it. You are right about reality. See you in November.

I assumed you meant we weren't capable of pulling multiple 5 stahs. But i see now you mean something else.

VN Store

Back