Who Thinks Fulky starts the first game?

Fwiw Rob Lewis said tonight that ORN starting at the 5 with BHH backing him up and then Fulky starting at the 5 with Plav backing him up is how it would be today. He did say though that multiple people in the program feel, as do multiple scouts that have come through practice that Aidoo is the best NBA prospect on the roster…he just needs to get much stronger and continue to develop, but he moves and shoots very well for his size.

That makes sense to me. BHH and Aidoo are the new kids in town, they'll have to pay dues and take to Barnes' coaching before they can take minutes from the more experienced players. And they will in time.

So for the 3rd straight year, Olivier is going to be a factor in the post ? I hope so, but if these are the same guys that are saying Aidoo isn't ready, I'll wait until I see them both play, this year.
That's a fair point. More like two straight years on Nkamhoua...I'm not sure we got a lot of fluff on him as a freshman, really, but definitely did last year in the preseason.

However, keep in mind, historically, almost all of these outside reports are overly positive to the point we, as fans, wind up disappointed. Derrick Walker, Uros Ppavsic, Zach Kent...the list goes on. It seems to happen every year. For the media to be down on, or have reservations about a player in their reports this early would seem to indicate that player has a ways to go. That's just based on our local media's history.

Fwiw Rob Lewis said tonight that ORN starting at the 4 with BHH backing him up and then Fulky starting at the 5 with Plav backing him up is how it would be today. He did say though that multiple people in the program feel, as do multiple scouts that have come through practice that Aidoo is the best NBA prospect on the roster…he just needs to get much stronger and continue to develop, but he moves and shoots very well for his size.
I'm in the minority but he's my pick for surprise player of the year. Guy was a 6-6 guard until his sophomore season. shoots the 3 like a guard.

Last edited:
I'm in the minority but he's my pick for surprise player of the year. Can't believe no one made a thread on him. Guy was a 6-6 guard until his sophomore season. shoots the 3 like a guard.
We will see…if he’s legitimately a 6’11”+ 220lb+ that shoots 40%+ from 3 he’s going to be a one and done Top 5 NBA Draft Pick.

Reactions: berryvol
He has one attribute that will urge the staff to bring him along quickly. He's projected by many to be a 40% 3 pt shooter. Imagine the benefit to an already elite back court as far as unclogging the middle.
I'm in no way dissing fulk but he bucked at the responsiblity of being a team leader last season and has always been more comfortable coming off the bench.
I'm still searching for the articles that call him a project.
PS You do remember that Kyle was a converted volleyball player with very little Bball experience. No comparison.
Another one...

"John Fulkerson:
spacer.gif
He's had a terrific camp thus far. Insiders say he's as healthy as he's been since his freshman season of 2016. Yes Fulky has been around since Robert Hubbs (that Hubber) and the boys ... Fulkerson has come to camp ready to work and lead this group along with James.

Backups:
Uros
Tamba
Aidoo

None of these guys figure to play much.
Aidoo gets really pushed around but is highly skilled and somebody they believe will play some excellent basketball in a few years. Tennessee's coaches love the way he moves. I hear him called a high ceiling version of Kyle Alexander."

http://tclub.team/index.php?page=tony&page_num=2

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Fulk will start out of respect, but once Aidoo adjusts to the speed of the game I don't see anyone keeping him on the bench. Guy's the very definition of STRETCH and the valid rim protector we've been pining for for years.
Bump for BTO. No mention of Mono here. Try again.

VN Store

Back