Who Thinks Fulky starts the first game?

Fulky starts the first game?
I mean, yeah he's going to start. He's been a starter for 3 years now. I know this is the most depth we've had in the frontcourt since he's been here essentially, but I would doubt Rick is going to put a freshman ahead of his 6th year senior. Uros and Nkamhou aren't going to jump him. BHH could start next to him at PF, or maybe they could move him to PF. Either way, he's probably starting

I do think Fulky starts, no doubt about that! I do think that if the newcomers progress as hoped, Fulky's minutes may get reduced to keep him fresh for tournament time . . .

GBO

I don't think its a crazy question at all. He was HORRIBLE last year and literally brought zero to the table. I understand that was much about the injury, but is he healthy now? Will he get back to his previous performance? I hope so, but I wouldn't be surprised if he comes off the bench if he is still struggling with health issues.

Reactions: EtowahVol
Prediction: John will log the most minutes per game over the season. 2nd for minutes per game will JJJ.

Prediction: John will log the most minutes per game over the season. 2nd for minutes per game will JJJ.

I hope your first prediction isn't true, because it will mean the young forwards aren't developing quickly and the older ones haven't developed enough. I'm OK with your second one, because he will be our floor leader.

I think it would be wise for fans to have a blank slate of expectations for Fulk. He has been incredibly inconsistent in his time at UT. Yes, I know he's had injuries and whatnot, but it's a stretch to completely attribute his inconsistencies to injuries.

I'm not even going to try to predict what he's going to produce, but I would not be any more surprised if he were 1st team All SEC than if he were only getting 10mpg, and anything in between.

I think it would be wise for fans to have a blank slate of expectations for Fulk. He has been incredibly inconsistent in his time at UT. Yes, I know he's had injuries and whatnot, but it's a stretch to completely attribute his inconsistencies to injuries.

I'm not even going to try to predict what he's going to produce, but I would not be any more surprised if he were 1st team All SEC than if he were only getting 10mpg, and anything in between.
I think it can be (nearly) be attributed solely to injuries and recovery, but there is the rub. He is perpetually nicked up and injured. The two times he was dominant, two years ago and the very early part of his freshman year, he was healthy.

If he stays healthy, he's all-SEC. If he gets banged up again, all bets are off.

I’d like to think limiting his minutes to below 30 would help keep him healthy. But if thugs are allowed to intentionally elbow you in the head then all bets are off

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I’d like to think limiting his minutes to below 30 would help keep him healthy. But if thugs are allowed to intentionally elbow you in the head then all bets are off
Yeah, his most serious injuries haven't really been usage related. More of the freak accident types (his elbow injury, COVID, the headshot he took).

VN Store

Back