Who starts at Runningback this fall ?

I guess you haven't been reading vn very often, everyone is a candidate. So I guess neither...

I have been, I just thought it would be funny to throw one out that nobody else had mentioned (which is hard to do!). I guess it wasn't. My bad.

Evans if he works really hard to get back into football shape. He hasn’t played in a hot minute.

We won't know until we have a coach. By the way, what do you guys think of Phillip Rivers? I think he has the knowledge to be a great coach. He certainly has required NFL experience. :)
He's going to South Alabama to coach some Private High School team ...

If Grey doesn't come back, probably Evans and Small are 1a and 1b unless Beckwith stays there and flashes. Brown and Wright will get some run as well. Whitehead and/or Hodge may move to LB depending on depth there.

I was really hoping that Whitehead was going to be last years big breakout star at RB. Not based on anything but that he was shunned by his hometown Team, seemed to have exceptional speed recorded for his size and had great SPARQ scores at camp. What a wonderful in your face GA story that would have been. Hope his injury issues are totally behind him and he has not lost a step and does help somewhere.

it depends on the new OC.

Evans and Brown are the top pure RBs next season imo.
Beckwith is a freak that can play RB, TE, WR. Imagine a Kyle Pitts like TE than can also line up the backfield and run off tackle.

I'll go with Beckwith and Evans with Brown in 2021
Then Evans and Brown with Small in 2022 and Beckwith playing some type of offensive weapon position.

Hodge is guy that will factor as a blocking back and special teams. Short yardage runner and dumpoff option. Small will be your KR.

VN Store

Back