Who signed off on Fulmer's raise?

guesscrazy

That person should also be looked at with with a skeptical eye. Do you really think he deserved a raise? I will ask him next him I see him at Top of The Rock. Thornton will probably ban me from his restaurant. I don't care this is a mess and how does he deserve to be enriched. He sounded like a DA at the news conference. He actually started talking about recruiting looking good. While firing Pruitt for recruiting violations. Tired of all the cheerleading for him.

Fulmer was given a pot of gold that we didn't owe - not unlike us giving that rat Hamilton a million we did not owe. It is a Tennessee tradition.

Isn’t it reasonable to expect Fulmer to be part of the coaching staff in some capacity since he is still on the payroll?

Last edited:
It's criminal that Fulmer got an extension during a pandemic when so many others were asked to take cuts. And maybe I'm a little slow, but do you get a buyout when you "step down"? Chancellor Plowman reiterated it was Fulmer's decision. Shouldn't that terminate his contract? I'm not disputing his contribution to UT. He has, however, already collected millions from the university to not coach. I don't know how in good faith he can accept the "buyout" money.

It's obvious that he was fired and given the "retirement" treatment for optics. Phil has never willingly stepped away or given up power. He resigned rather than having to carry the "fired" wording in 2008 too. But he still got the fired buyout.

He will be working like heck behind the scenes again like he did in opposition to Hamilton and Currie.

Reactions: Tnphil
This times 1000%. The fact that he went around asking assistants to take pay cuts but gave himself and extension in the middle of a pandemic after hiring (and extending) Pruitt is insane. But watching Randy Boyd praise fulmer at that press conference (when fulmer was 100% responsible for the fiasco) was maybe the most bizarre scene I’ve ever witnessed.

I’m guessing it’s MAD (mutually assured destruction.) Each side has enough dirt on the other to get something in their favor.

Just as we might (I hope not) wind up giving something to Pruitt too, despite his being fired for cause.

It’s not because admin is dumb.

Reactions: davethevol
It's obvious that he was fired and given the "retirement" treatment for optics. Phil has never willingly stepped away or given up power. He resigned rather than having to carry the "fired" wording in 2008 too. But he still got the fired buyout.

He will be working like heck behind the scenes again like he did in opposition to Hamilton and Currie.
I am more curious as to who he will be going after to stab in the back next?

Reactions: guesscrazy
Just move on and look forward. Got enough firing and issues to tackle in front of us. The university leaders did a good job with the new AD hire.

Reactions: MARLIN

Fulmer does NOT need to be anywhere near the program. He can attend games if he wishes but should NOT receive any perks, privileges, etc from UT. Keep him away from the program and do NOT involve or give him any info regarding UT

Reactions: Tnslim1

With the hire of White, I am sure that part of the settlement Boyd and Plowman made with Fulmer was telling him to stay in his lane or the checks will stop arriving in the mail if he tries to make waves within the athletic department.

VN Store

Back