Who pays?

swampfoxfan

Fox trapper
It's not cheap to travel to visit for junior days or just to come check out the campus with mom and dad and talk with the coaches.

Do the student athletes pay for everything? Seems that not a whole lot of HS kids wouldn't have the $$$ to make visits to multiple universities.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but isn't this where the brown bags come in?

It's not cheap to travel to visit for junior days or just to come check out the campus with mom and dad and talk with the coaches.

Do the student athletes pay for everything? Seems that not a whole lot of HS kids wouldn't have the $$$ to make visits to multiple universities.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but isn't this where the brown bags come in?
In the old days handlers made sure kids got to where they needed to if the kid couldn’t make it on their own. I’m sure NIL has changed some things but generally you’ve got people other than the parents invested in these kids future. Some aren’t the worst honestly and some are absolute scum.

Maybe I should say not according to the NCAA. Not against the law I guess but against the NCAA rules.
But I have a feeling you knew what I meant.

1706817517390.png

Reactions: walkenvol
In the old days handlers made sure kids got to where they needed to if the kid couldn’t make it on their own. I’m sure NIL has changed some things but generally you’ve got people other than the parents invested in these kids future. Some aren’t the worst honestly and some are absolute scum.

NPA did this often.

Pretending that these kids never had agents before is and was part of the problem.

This is not the week.

Not every parent is poor. Most college athletes have had their parents pay for travel ball and hotels for years. Paying for a couple visits and getting your child a free education doesnt sound like a bad deal to me.

Not every parent is poor. Most college athletes have had their parents pay for travel ball and hotels for years. Paying for a couple visits and getting your child a free education doesnt sound like a bad deal to me.
Don’t know. Having done travel ball with my child and having friends children do travel ball in other sports I can say you can expect from birth to scholarship you are paying 50-100k in travel/team fees/ coaching,etc… expenses.

So you are still paying a crap load for that scholarship.

In most sports the parents pay for camps. I cant speak to football or basketball, but baseball and softball this is at least true. If you pay for travel ball to get your kid a scholarship then that's a poor investment. I could pay for several kids scholarship for what I have paid in travel ball expenses.

In most sports the parents pay for camps. I cant speak to football or basketball, but baseball and softball this is at least true. If you pay for travel ball to get your kid a scholarship then that's a poor investment. I could pay for several kids scholarship for what I have paid in travel ball expenses.

The really good kids don’t pay for travel ball. The other ones do tho.

VN Store

Back