Who is your new team moving forward

Ah, here it is.

A single thread proving what many of us have believed all along. There ARE two tiers of fans in VN.com: those who will remain loyal no matter what ... and those who won't.

Loyalty--deep-seated, true loyalty--is a surprisingly uncommon value.

Go Vols!

p.s. Not casting aspersions on those who have more than one favourite team. That's actually pretty common, I'd guess: the team you grew up with and the one where you went to school, for instance. This distinction is only about those who would disavow the Volunteers.

This is kinda where I am. I will always love Tennessee. I have a deep seated attachment to the program. But I do have a very very soft spot for LSU too. I actually became a Tennessee fan watching the LSU vs Tennessee game back in 2005. I really enjoy Louisiana as well, my wife and I have had a lot of good times down there together. Love the NOLA Saints as well, so having Kamara go from TN to them just was perfect for me.

You can say you are supporting a different team. But you will never be able to do it.

It is in your blood, transferred to you by family and driven home over hundreds of games good, bad and indifferent. You may be angry and frustrated and I am right there with you. But like me you will be there to watch or listen to Tennessee because you love it.

As a kid in the 1970s and 1980s, I took solace in the performance of great players on the poor to average teams of the time. Guys like Roland James, Mike Cofer, Jimmy Streater, Reggie White, and Willie Gault stand out here (As a kid, you rarely pay attention to great offensive linemen like Lee North and Bill Mayo, although they were certainly deserving of praise at that time.). Odds were you weren't going to beat the elites as they stood back then. But you knew who the guys were who were going to cause the power players issues and you took joy from it.

When you are watching this hot mess, take comfort in folks like Jennings, Smith, Cimaglia, Gray, Henry T, and (hopefully soon) Bituli who are going to do some great things in service to this team.

It doesn't eliminate frustration over poor development, incompetent preparation, and lackluster performance. But it does offer a different way to see a game and blunt some of the pain.
Well said.

I’ve lived in Georgia for 30+ years and we have an RV on a lake in Alabama. And I sure hope we weren’t as obnoxious when we were winning as they are now, but we probably were. I think I’ll play more golf, ride my motorcycle more, take the boat out on Saturdays, and just enjoy the beautiful fall weekends with my wife and family without giving a flying flip about what happens with Tennessee football. Enough is enough.
I'm with you brother! Life is too short to waste precious time on this garbage. I'll be spending time with the family and plenty of fishing.

Reactions: BOB in GA
I also pull for my other alma mater, Arkansas, but they suck worse than Vols. "No joy in Mudville, mighty Casey has struck out."

I'm still going to follow Tennessee but I'll also watch and listen to Georgia Tech and Kennesaw State football games.

First and foremost, we never, ever pull for anyone but our Volunteers but when we're scrapping the bottom of the barrel so badly, we follow Georgia too... don't live far from Kennesaw State- hoot hoot...

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I was born with bright Orange Tennessee Vols blood in my veins and that won't change.

If I lived long enough to see my beloved Vols lose 50 games in a row I will NEVER love any other program, NEVER!!!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

For all yall wanting to choose other teams and dropping our Vols,more power to you but I just cant. Its ingrained in me. When times get good again in Knoxville(hopefully in my lifetime) it will be so much sweeter!FB95IMG951505437603927.jpg

025802852dcc49225bb2fd4ef1873334.jpg

Your Balls will thank You

Atlanta Braves, then moving on to the VOL basketball season - when the Football team is playing this bad it ruins all football for me

Reactions: Orange_Crush
For all yall wanting to choose other teams and dropping our Vols,more power to you but I just cant. Its ingrained in me. When times get good again in Knoxville(hopefully in my lifetime) it will be so much sweeter!View attachment 224586

Pardon- wah but we will never ever drop our Tennessee Volunteers- just because we may or may not watch or pull for another team doesn't mean jack.. Our passion and loyalty lies with the VOLS, *****...………. !!!!!!!!!!!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Pardon- wah but we will never ever drop our Tennessee Volunteers- just because we may or may not watch or pull for another team doesn't mean jack.. Our passion and loyalty lies with the VOLS, honey...………. !!!!!!!!!!!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Call me honey all you want to,,its just how I feel. I said more power to yall,,do what you want.
I must have struck a nerve,,,,,

Outside of MASSIVE NUMBER 1 FAVOURITE TENNESSEE, It always gives me a smile to see LSU do well. There is just something about Cajuns with their loyalty, attitude, and FOOD that seems very appealing to me. And if they happen to keep the Elephants from the SEC title game...well let's just say I do not shed very many tears over that

Reactions: Orange_Crush
I will always be a VFL. It has nothing to do with who is the Coach or the QB at the moment. I am a VOL! If UT ever did away with college football, I would start watch the NFL. I am NOT going to cheer for ANY other college team. Stop posting this crap!!!! Go VOLS!

I root for 3 teams:

The Vols as I grew up with them
MTSU (my alma mater)
Whoever plays Bama, Florida, UGA, Kentucky, Vandy, Mizzou, or USCjr. Add Michigan, OU and OSU to that list as well. When said teams play each other, I hope they are caught cheating or an epic fight of historic proportions breaks out and their entire programs are suspended from post-season play for 1 year or may be 100 hundred years, not asking for much.

This is a rationale that I understand and support. Along with the guy whose daughter is attending a school other than UT, and he supports them.

VN Store

Back