Who is The Fastest Vol 2019?

He ran a 4.3 in HS

No, he didn't, he was supposedly timed running that which isn't the same thing. That's not picking on Hurd, HS 40 timing is so unreliable it's ridiculous and that's practically across the board. Just a couple links of the subject.

(realize the body of the post is mostly written sarcastically, the chart is the thing to notice)
The speed conspiracy

Rivals.com - How fast is fast

If they have a really fast 40 time you can "generally" assume they're at least pretty fast but having that backed up by official track times is much better. I know Ty Chandler has a 10.83 100m to his credit. I realize that doesn't sound like much when we get bombarded by times from Olympic level freaks but don't kid yourself, for a legit footballer that's actually pretty damn fast. 10.83 would have been good for 5th place in the TN state 100m finals this year.

Now having said that Kenney Solomon has a 10.57 100m to his credit so he's up there somewhere for fastest.

Last edited:
I wonder how much the equipment slows them down.
That’s just it. Idk but some players get faster it seems. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched a guy that runs a 4.9ish 40 run a player down that ran a 4.5. A lot of “speed” is about the take off when they run a 40. On the field there is no technique involved. So maybe that’s why? But I’m sure every player slows down a fraction with the equipment on.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
That’s just it. Idk but some players get faster it seems. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched a guy that runs a 4.9ish 40 run a player down that ran a 4.5. A lot of “speed” is about the take off when they run a 40. On the field there is no technique involved. So maybe that’s why? But I’m sure every player slows down a fraction with the equipment on.

Adrenaline rush.

I remember Josh Allen catching some RB from behind last year and he was on the other side of the field. Can't remember the which game though.

Reactions: 1vol8
Adrenaline rush.

I remember Josh Allen catching some RB from behind last year and he was on the other side of the field. Can't remember the which game though.
Truth be told you can find it in every game if you watch in the right places. We just don’t notice on tv unless the commentators make mention of it because they don’t show the replay of anyone else but who made the play. So unless they coincide you wouldn’t know how many times it happens.

Timed 40’s...highs, and lows, are posted for Tennessee on NFL draft scout....

best times
1. Chandler 4.32
2. B. Thompson 4.36

Alontae Taylor, Jacquez Jones 4.4 flat

Callaway, Fils-Aime, Murphy, Warrior all in the low 4.4’s

I believe that about Chandler, he can fly. He reminds me of LaMarcus Coker.

I’m not certain about Thompson, I haven’t seen that on the field yet.

Reactions: livefaith
No, he didn't, he was supposedly timed running that which isn't the same thing. That's not picking on Hurd, HS 40 timing is so unreliable it's ridiculous and that's practically across the board. Just a couple links of the subject.

(realize the body of the post is mostly written sarcastically, the chart is the thing to notice)
The speed conspiracy

Rivals.com - How fast is fast

If they have a really fast 40 time you can "generally" assume they're at least pretty fast but having that backed up by official track times is much better. I know Ty Chandler has a 10.83 100m to his credit. I realize that doesn't sound like much when we get bombarded by times from Olympic level freaks but don't kid yourself, for a legit footballer that's actually pretty damn fast. 10.83 would have been good for 5th place in the TN state 100m finals this year.

Now having said that Kenney Solomon has a 10.57 100m to his credit so he's up there somewhere for fastest.

Blue font

Reactions: Ertel
Everyone runs a 4.3 in highschool, til they actually get professionally measured and not by a history teacher/assistant coach with a stop watch.

Not only that, but a lot of players are falsely reported as bigger than they actually are. C Patt was listed at 6’4” and UT and then went to combine and was found to actually be 6’1”. Lol

Reactions: Ertel
If the Vols have anyone faster than Chandler then they are in good shape because he can fly. He’s probably one of the fastest players in the SEC.,

Not sure where he would rank in the sec overall but 3 players in the sec are in the top 10 for fastest in college football. Auburn (Swartz is the fastest and I think the other barner ranked 3rd) the other was from LSU with both having some speedsters just outside the list. Ruggs from Alabama set the 7a Texas record and only did track for like 2 months. Waddle is fast but not sure where he ranks. Without track numbers or legit timed 40s (matters more imo) it's hard too come up with a viable list.

Ty ran a 10.83 in high school and is prob the fastest on our team but I would assume there's several DBs, receivers and running backs in the league with similar times. 10.5 or less is what I consider elite. Swartz is 10.01. He could make the Olympics if he just concentrated on track.

Vol Teddy Gaines ran a 10.3 in highschool. It was a beauty watching him run. So fast yet looked so effortless.

VN Store

Back