Who is our MVP so far this year?

• Vescovi

• Nkamhoua

• Zeigler

• Key

• Phillips

• JJJ

Results are only viewable after voting.
My problem is you saying that it's "routinely wide open...whenever he's in the game", which I did not say at all. That play specifically was wide open. It's just meant to be one example of many how a lack of length factors into a game, and we probably don't notice in real time. Ask yourself if you noticed in the moment.
You then said this though… “You're kinda open even when you're not when the defender is 5' 9".”

So that’s saying whoever he’s guarding is always “kinda open”, which I don’t think is accurate in the least bit and not a single stat would support that idea.

I voted Josiah Jordan-James because this team looks completely different whenever he plays. He has the versatility to guard 1-5, can get his own shot in the post/midrange whenever he wants it and he can facilitate the offense if needed. There are so many things he does that don’t show up on the stat sheet that get overlooked and he is the true x-factor imo.

Reactions: Volprofch05
I voted Josiah Jordan-James because this team looks completely different whenever he plays. He has the versatility to guard 1-5, can get his own shot in the post/midrange whenever he wants it and he can facilitate the offense if needed. There are so many things he does that don’t show up on the stat sheet that get overlooked and he is the true x-factor imo.
I’ll tell ya what does show up. His inability to make wide open shots

I’ll tell ya what does show up. His inability to make wide open shots
I’ll tell ya what shows up. His leadership, versatility, free throw shooting, and defense. You do know his minutes didn’t start ramping up until the Kentucky game because of that knee? Yet he was still busting his ass for his team. He is actually shooting a better percentage overall this season than he has any other season and he will only continue to get better as the games go along.

When I think MVP, I try to imagine the team without that particular player and what it would look like and our record without that player. ZZ is the one piece of the puzzle we simply cannot afford to lose. Both our offense and defense would be severely crippled without him. Take any other player off the floor and we're still a tough bunch. We've had players ill, injured and just pulling no shows so we've experienced those "losses" already this year. ZZ has been the constant. Run the point with Key/Vescovi....nah. Too big a blow. It's like a football team without their QB. Ain't gonna win many games. ZZ is our MVP and it ain't close IMO.

I feel like the thread title and poll question are different questions. I answered Z for the poll question (MVP), him being the only really PG on the roster, playing terrific D, and scoring and assisting at high rates. I think a healthy Vescovi is our best player though, on account of his all around game

Edit: ok now they’re the same, before the title was best player. I think Z is the MVP so far

If you don't agree I would direct you to the time he is not on the floor....

At this point it's really Santi or ZZ and the edge goes to ZZ because of his assists and how much he's stepped it up in SEC play.

ZZ: 11.2 ppg, 5.1 apg, 3.0 rpg, 2.3 spg
Santi: 12.2 ppg, 3.1 apg, 4.3 rpg, 2.2 spg

I also give the edge to ZZ because he's played in all 21 games. Santi missed 3 and JJJ has missed 8.

Reactions: Caculator
Of course it's ZZ. We have one point guard on this team. Best player would be up for debate But MVP is obvious.

I voted for Zakai and think it was a no brainer. I also remember all of the off season talk about Yuri Collins as a transfer to the Vols. Sure glad that did not happen, and some know on here I follow both teams (SLU Alum). Zakai has become an excellent PG and is such an important part of the Vols success this season. It would have been a mistake to bring in Collins to possibly mess up the chemistry UT has had this season. GBO!

I voted for Zakai and think it was a no brainer. I also remember all of the off season talk about Yuri Collins as a transfer to the Vols. Sure glad that did not happen, and some know on here I follow both teams (SLU Alum). Zakai has become an excellent PG and is such an important part of the Vols success this season. It would have been a mistake to bring in Collins to possibly mess up the chemistry UT has had this season. GBO!

Do you say this because you think Collins is a potential locker room issue, or because you don't think we could use an additional ball-handler? Because I think we could absolutely use an additional ball-handler and facilitator, especially if ZZ were to potentially go down with an injury.

Do you say this because you think Collins is a potential locker room issue, or because you don't think we could use an additional ball-handler? Because I think we could absolutely use an additional ball-handler and facilitator, especially if ZZ were to potentially go down with an injury.
Hope this is not a duplicate response. Not sure Yuri would have been worth the possibility of screwing up the chemistry of the Vols team. Sure he is a good player, but he had a terrible game last night against Fordham, and he has had his times where he disappeared this season. Some of that may be on the coach as I am not a Travis Ford fan and never have been. Yes, injury can always bite a team when you least expect that to happen, but that could have happened to Yuri at UT as the A-10 is not even close to the SEC in Athleticism. I've been a very big fan of ZZ and sure happy the Vols have him. GBO!

The result show how uninformed a few people are. The success of this team CLEARLY up to now and the remaining season depends on the production of O.Com!!! When he is playing tuned in and assertive, this team plays with better balance all over the court and is nearly impossible to beat! This is not a slight on any other player, but our success ultimately depends on him, so he is the MVP by definition.

Zeigler is a spark plug but I'm going with Mr Consistency. No name needed.

Last edited:
I w

I would be curious to know who Mr consistency is on this team. I do need that name. Sorry

Please disregard my message. No one on the team is consistent. I think I said it before the Florida game and I was referring to Vescovi. Who the MVP is on the team at this point would be anyone's guess. All have been underwhelming certain points.

Reactions: ColinS

VN Store

Back