Who is our biggest threat in the NIT?

Every team scares me depending on which VOls team shows up. Hopefully it will be the one we saw win 8 of their last 10 games. Obviously they can get to NYC if they decide that's what they want to do.

Reactions: 1 person
I would have to say that anyone outside of TBA is a threat. Not enough upper classmen to make this team a threat. But the one thing that is a lingering problem for this team is the 5 spot. Tennessee needs to actively pursue a big man. Not 6'7 260. We need a shot blocker who can also score 8 to 10 points. And the 2 spot. We need a consistent threat from the outside. Point guard by committee is not an issue. As long as we don't get pressed every possession then we are fine.

Our only threat is ourselves. If Maymon and Stokes play as they have been we will get so many more posessions than any other team in the field from all their rebounds.

Who were the other NCAA bubble teams that didn't make it? Are any of them in our bracket?

Outside TBA, Ted Valentine, A lid on the basket for post players, and a reincarnation Stephen Pearl.

I'm gonna go with the obvious answer, we should be worried about Savannah State. After the SEC tourney, we can't afford to look past anyone. I think the team finally realizes that.

VN Store

Back