Who has the scout?

BruinVol

I’ve been trying to follow which assistant coach has the opponents scout for the games and see if one particular coach is the weak or strong link in that area.

Before Tuesday I thought Oliver was the weak link but he had the scout and the team was very well prepared on short rest and without Fulky even practicing.

maybe in this thread we can keep up with which coach has the scout for each game and how well prepared we were in each game

dang, BV, never even crossed my mind...what a cool, radical thought...I like it...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

USCjr is gonna be a tough nut to crack this time. How'd I do?

It ain't Kit Carson or Jim Bridger or Jeremiah Johnson.
Or even Sacagawea.

Last edited:
You can visibly see what coach has the scout during games. They are the ones up directing/coaching during games. Tuesday it was Oliver. It will be different tomorrow and Oliver won’t budge during the game
I'm gonna need some kind of verification to be on board with this. Not saying you're wrong, but I've just never heard of being able to tell which coach had the scout just by looking at their in-game behaviors.

I'm gonna need some kind of verification to be on board with this. Not saying you're wrong, but I've just never heard of being able to tell which coach had the scout just by looking at their in-game behaviors.

Just watch tomorrow and see if you agree.

I think Schwartz calls most if not all of the out of bounds plays but other than that the coach up and vocal has the scout.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
You can visibly see what coach has the scout during games. They are the ones up directing/coaching during games. Tuesday it was Oliver. It will be different tomorrow and Oliver won’t budge during the game
Is that not just called..... coaching? That's what we used to call it when I played

Is that not just called..... coaching? That's what we used to call it when I played

Well sure if it was the same every game but I am saying there are games Oliver doesn’t move, say a word or even appear to “coach”. Same for English and then there are games each “coach” their ass off.

I may be wrong but that appears to
Me to be a clear sign of which coach had the scout that game. And from post game quotes from Barnes I would bet I am right

Just watch tomorrow and see if you agree.

I think Schwartz calls most if not all of the out of bounds plays but other than that the coach up and vocal has the scout.
Well, I did see Barnes and Schwartz having lunch at southern grit yesterday, and they were talking game plan. I tried to be respectful and not too weird but I overheard some X’s and O’s being discussed. Schwartz is associate head coach, so that’s probably not too far out of the ordinary. Guess I should’ve pulled up a seat, so I could’ve dropped some insider nuggets on Volnation.🤪
GBO!!

Reactions: RollerVol
Well sure if it was the same every game but I am saying there are games Oliver doesn’t move, say a word or even appear to “coach”. Same for English and then there are games each “coach” their ass off.

I may be wrong but that appears to
Me to be a clear sign of which coach had the scout that game. And from post game quotes from Barnes I would bet I am right
I would guess you are close to being right. Barnes likes to let his assistants have a big hand in game day coaching, so I can buy into your theory.
GBO!!

Pretty sure I heard that the coach that does the scout sits next to Coach Barnes. Haven’t really paid attention if the assistant is different every game next to him.

Well, I did see Barnes and Schwartz having lunch at southern grit yesterday, and they were talking game plan. I tried to be respectful and not too weird but I overheard some X’s and O’s being discussed. Schwartz is associate head coach, so that’s probably not too far out of the ordinary. Guess I should’ve pulled up a seat, so I could’ve dropped some insider nuggets on Volnation.🤪
GBO!!

Or coached them up using Volnation posts as your input. They clearly don't know what they are doing.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Which coach is a around a 50 year old white guy with his hair buzzed? Seems like he’s always sitting next to CRB but never says a thing

how to find out...tune in and see...I'll be more interested in the game...I'll probably have to watch it again to ascertain the scout...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

VN Store

Back