Who else we getting for 2020?

tngivem6

Probably looking in the wrong place, but I’m some one can direct in the right direction.
Question is, who else are we adding to this class of 2020?
Early signing period took 80%+ of the guess work out, but don’t we have 4 more open?

Reactions: RollerVol
Probably looking in the wrong place, but I’m some one can direct in the right direction.
Early signing period took 80%+ of the guess work out, but don’t we have 4 more open?
Recruiting forum is where you want to look. If I had to predict our finish, I'm going with Hardy, Beckwith, and Wideman.

There doesn't seem to be much certainty with anyone right now. And who saw Cade and VJJ coming?

If I had to make an optimistic guess, I'd say Hardy and Beckwith. Wideman would be awesome, but I'm not sure how much of a shot we have getting in this late.

I’ll go with a previous poster though. Hardy/Beckwith. Don’t feel as good about Wideman but get him on campus and anything can happen.

Reactions: RollerVol
I’ve been listening to Brent Hubbs’ podcasts lately. He said this staff is still reviewing game film and could offer kids we never heard of. Hubbs indicated that this staff is relentless and can has an eye for finding talent that can be developed.

I think we only have one spot open. We had 4 remaining after ESD. Then picked up Cade and the two WR transfers.

I think we only have one spot open. We had 4 remaining after ESD. Then picked up Cade and the two WR transfers.
Consensus says Nebraska wr will be a walk-on. So, 2 spots at least seem likely. Just so hard to say who that will be at this point, or if we even fill them up with names we currently know. Can't say I feel great about any remaining prospects. Could be some total randos, good or bad, coming in at the last moment.

Where are you getting 27 at? The rule is 25 per academic year. Are you back counting two to last year. If so, who? If not, please elaborate where the extra 2 go.
It is a VQ theory. They've never really explained it. They HAVE said we cannot backcount. When asked how, they just say "count them forward", which 247 disagrees with, talking blueshirts taking you over 25. They are pretty steady in saying the hard cap has killed that off. Now, could we grayshirt? That would make sense to get over 25.

Could VQ know something they won't say aloud? Or maybe this staff has figured out a new loophole. The Fall PWOs being given scholarships that don't count toward a class suggests they may have found something...

The more, the merrier imo.

Reactions: Lane Train 4
It is a VQ theory. They've never really explained it. They HAVE said we cannot backcount. When asked how, they just say "count them forward", which 247 disagrees with, talking blueshirts taking you over 25. They are pretty steady in saying the hard cap has killed that off. Now, could we grayshirt? That would make sense to get over 25.

Could VQ know something they won't say aloud? Or maybe this staff has figured out a new loophole. The Fall PWOs being given scholarships that don't count toward a class suggests they may have found something...

The more, the merrier imo.

Not into theories. More doesn't mean better, only shorts you in the next class. Taking a project 3 this year over a player 4 next year isn't what the teams playing tonight are doing. Take the best 20 to 25 you can get and hit at a high percentage. Numbers game is what Butch played.

I’ve been listening to Brent Hubbs’ podcasts lately. He said this staff is still reviewing game film and could offer kids we never heard of. Hubbs indicated that this staff is relentless and can has an eye for finding talent that can be developed.
What else does he say? Let me guess: "You'd certainly take these 3 players if it's possible. Can Tennessee flip Hardy? I don't know. Does Beckwith feel like he fits the system? That remains to be seen. Do I think Wideman will visit Knoxville? That's just something we'll have to keep an eye on. Is there a chance for some surprises out there? It seems like the coaching staff will keep all their options open." 😁 I like Hubbs, but he really enjoys asking himself questions, then giving completely unambiguous answers.

I don’t live in Knoxville so I enjoy the podcast. Hubbs has more inside info than any of us on this board.

What else does he say? Let me guess: "You'd certainly take these 3 players if it's possible. Can Tennessee flip Hardy? I don't know. Does Beckwith feel like he fits the system? That remains to be seen. Do I think Wideman will visit Knoxville? That's just something we'll have to keep an eye on. Is there a chance for some surprises out there? It seems like the coaching staff will keep all their options open." 😁 I like Hubbs, but he really enjoys asking himself questions, then giving completely unambiguous answers.
I gotta admit that's a pretty good impression. Especially when you read it in with Hubbs' voice in your head haha.

It is not one spot. Williamson and Miller likely will be dropped. Some here believe we may 27 counters this class. So possibly up to 6 more.

We are probably signing Boffa.

VN Store

Back