Who does Butch hire to beat bama?

It might be time for a new OL coach too. DeBord has yet to have a game plan this year. Our offense is all within a 7 radius of the center, but mainly behind the line. Unacceptable.

We just played the number one team in the nation that, rightfully, targetted our second and third stringers. What can you expect?

13 total, 4 LB, 2 DT and 4 OL. OL and LB are depleted totally.

Plus hire Manning to call games, while he was in Booth we were +7 ! That guy has the gift!

You've gotta be kidding. Bob Shoop's defense has given up 390 yards rushing with 12 minutes left in the 4th....and it's a trend we've seen all year, as our defense has gotten worse in every single category....but you're starting a thread about replacing an OC that called a game last week that led to nearly 700 yards offense, at the same time our defense was giving up 600 yards and 45 points. Alrighty then.

That defense that your bashing is the only thing that kept us in that game last week. The offense turned the ball over 7 times and we were still in the ballgame at the end. I think the defense did a pretty good job last week considering the injuries and all the turnovers. With that many turnovers, we could've easily got blown out.

This was supposed to be our year. We are getting embarrassed.

I have seen times in which OUR schedule doesn't work out. For instance, I have seen teams peek a year before they were expected to peek. I have also seen teams have a killer roster and not live up to expectations but the following year, once most of the roster has graduated, the depleted roster wins a championship.
For instance, I remember one season Pat's team lost TEN regular season games and had a bad seed in the NCAA but they won the Championship.......
Maybe next season will be our year to reach the play offs. This we are beating teams in the top# 25. We are beating Florida. We are going to reach the S>E>C> Championship game. We are rated in the top #10. We will have several players taken in this years draft.
Next step will be to win S.E.C. Championship, beat top #5 teams and play in the play offs.

Reactions: 1 person
This is hilarious. Start naming guys that are just going walk into Tennessee and start beating Alabama with Nick Saban. Oh and be realistic as well.

There is no reason why Wisconson should be better than us. They have inferior players at every position yet they beat good teams and play very disiined and don't get blown out. It just makes Butch look really bad.

If Shoop was hired for Florida, maybe a OC can beat bama. This unacceptable regardless of injuries.

I've never been a fan of the Debord hire. Today was by far the worst called game of his time in TN (one can only hope that time is running out...) 13 of 17 first down play calls are the exact same play & Bama figured it out after the first 2 or 3... need someone who knows... sometimes you gotta use the pass (not screens!!!!) early & often to open up for the run!!

There is no reason why Wisconson should be better than us. They have inferior players at every position yet they beat good teams and play very disiined and don't get blown out. It just makes Butch look really bad.

Injuries matter. Waht Wisconsin has or hasnt done is irrelevant. Oh and we dont know Wisconsin is better than us. You are making baseless assumptions.

I have seen times in which OUR schedule doesn't work out. For instance, I have seen teams peek a year before they were expected to peek. I have also seen teams have a killer roster and not live up to expectations but the following year, once most of the roster has graduated, the depleted roster wins a championship.
For instance, I remember one season Pat's team lost TEN regular season games and had a bad seed in the NCAA but they won the Championship.......
Maybe next season will be our year to reach the play offs. This we are beating teams in the top# 25. We are beating Florida. We are going to reach the S>E>C> Championship game. We are rated in the top #10. We will have several players taken in this years draft.
Next step will be to win S.E.C. Championship, beat top #5 teams and play in the play offs.

98, after Peyton left.

You've gotta be kidding. Bob Shoop's defense has given up 390 yards rushing with 12 minutes left in the 4th....and it's a trend we've seen all year, as our defense has gotten worse in every single category....but you're starting a thread about replacing an OC that called a game last week that led to nearly 700 yards offense, at the same time our defense was giving up 600 yards and 45 points. Alrighty then.
If Shoop had all his projected starters from day 1 the defense would be shutting down the opposition. Unfortunately he lost most of the key players to injuries. Hopefully he can put eleven of the last men standing together to win out.

I'm going to have to put some of this at Shoops' feet. At what point do you tell yourself we need to committ to stopping the run ?! After 200yds ?! 300?! Why not put eight in the box and have your corners play press man with a single high safety ?! How many passing attempts did Hurts have over 10yds or between the hash marks ?! They clearly aren't comfortable with him making particular throws or reads. If he made plays with his arm left and right, I could handle that. But they just ran it down our throats.

VN Store

Back