Who does a sloppy, rain soaked game favor?

Humidity in Logan, UT is normally about 15%, Knoxville, TN 75% (guessing).

I went to Utah State although Tennessee is my adopted love. Utah State is in Logan which is pretty rural and is at a high elevation. Thus, there is not a lot of heat or humidity. It's colder than a witch's teet in winter. One week in 1989 the high for the week was -5. Still one of the more beautiful places in Utah.

All that being said, weather helps Tennessee. Humidity is a %#^%. There is none in Utah and when I go to the south I get off the plane and feel like I got a haymaker in the face. But if we have to rely on the weather to win, we are in for a long long year.

Reactions: 7 people
The weather has changed everyday for the past 4 days. It was 80% then it went to 50% then to 20% and now back to 80%. It'll keep changing.

Reactions: 3 people
Long time listener, rare poster...Just thought it was a nice coincidence that I read that comment while I was sitting in Utah and watching it pour the rain out my window. Glad it brought yall some joy...GBO, I'll hang up (for another year, or so) and listen to your comments.

The world is coming to an end if it's raining in August in Utah. I only remember one summer it rained and that was 3-4 years ago. And, it rained three times.

With the correct play calling the better team should win regardless of weather conditions.

I am confident that we have the play makers for sloppy or dry weather.

It ant like we are trying to take our sports car mudding

Reactions: 1 person
I think it favors Utah St.

The rain will slow down the speed of skill players and UT should hold a distinct advantage in that area should the weather be fine.

It might actually help the Utah St. passing game as well because I do not think they have the WR's to beat the UT secondary consistently in good weather.

Also, as noted -- favors the people on the strip selling ponchos. Save money and use cheap trash bags. It has never failed me.

Help me understand how a slowed down game helps receivers who couldn't get open in good weather. Wouldn't that make them easier to cover?

IF it does rain get ready for the world's largest wet T-shirt contest. :boobies: Hope it doesn't though,a slippery pigskin creates problems.

do not understand the crowd who says it would favor USU. They are as finesse of an offense you will ever see. Thats with a QB and RB coming back off injuries. Pounding the rock is not what they do and it never has been. I doubt they want to start doing that with those guys and their small backs in the rain, on the road in the season opener. They throw about 70% of the time.

So was Montana. I never thought I'd have two games in two seasons get put on lightning delays. I was soaked.

I'm with you. If it does rain please no lightning...I hate those delays and it's a real buzz kill for the teams.

Long time listener, rare poster...Just thought it was a nice coincidence that I read that comment while I was sitting in Utah and watching it pour the rain out my window. Glad it brought yall some joy...GBO, I'll hang up (for another year, or so) and listen to your comments.

Is that you Daniel Gray? :lolabove:

I think rain hurts the running game more than the passing game which gives Utah an advantage.

The weather has changed everyday for the past 4 days. It was 80% then it went to 50% then to 20% and now back to 80%. It'll keep changing.

pretty much this… humidity will not, in any case, be an advantage for Tennessee

1. the effects of humidity are mitigated when it rains
2. these are kids
3. our summer/fall camp has been unseasonably mild- i.e. you can't even begin to compare our guys' camp experience with that of, say, LSU's

if there's a climate advantage to be had, it belongs to USU- they have done their training in high altitudes

Ever lived in So Cal? That's got to be a forecasters wet dream of a job.

ok, SoCal is the exception that proves the rule… but it would only be a "wet dream job" for a lazy meteorologist

but who am i kidding? doppler has pretty much guaranteed that all future "meteorologists" will somehow- albeit statistically unlikely- be hot chicks

Last edited:

VN Store

Back