Who Do You Root for Now?

Hello again, Lady Vol fans.
Once again, I am sorry your season ended when it did.
As a UConn fan, there were no better NCAA tourney games than UConn - Tennessee. Even when we lost. (Did I really just say that?!?!?! LOL)
Since we didn't get our dream of Holly being awarded a lifetime contract, I look forward to seeing you in Final Four territory in the coming years.

I'm just curious about who you would most like to see win it all from who is left and who you would least like to see win it all from who is left.
Let's take UConn out of the mix, because I know that would be everyone's answer to "least like to see win."
Taking UConn out of the mix, I would most like to see Arizona or Louisville win. I would least like to see South Carolina win.

Thanks
Anyone but UConn. If I had to pick, I’m picking the Gamecocks. My daddy always told me to bet on black.

Kim Mulley is a good coach but I think she whines on every call. Yes it looked like a fool on that last play but I won't miss Kim's whining.

Reactions: glv98
1. Baylor Bears- Former student played for Baylor, and I like Coach Mulkey.
2. South Carolina- My home state, and I like Coach Staley.
3. Stanford- Coach VanDerveer is my sentimental.

Blatant foul!

Above any other missed foul calls, this is the most egregious of all...She got hit several places, and no call at the most crucial point of the game......

Tainted win.....But, still a win.
4b2f760f4d784f49ea9f8235725b591c--swallows-the-games.jpg

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
So tired of sitting at home every tournament season watching other teams play. Tenn was good enough to play in the elite eight if Texas, Arizona and Indiana(a team we beat) made it. They just didn’t believe they were good enough themselves. Next season play with confidence no matter the opponent...I’m a little bitter as you can read.

1. Arizona - for the upset factor and to be able to continue to pretend there's parity in the women's game.
2. So Carolina - ONLY this high bc of being in SEC and mostly bc we beat them. Offset by what would be unbearable Dawn worship if she wins it. YOU get a statue and YOU get a statue! Banners hoisted everywhere! Ya'll might think PB is the most overhyped, but I say its DS.
3. Stanford - really rather them than SC but since we beat SC I have to choose them. But I'd love it for ole Tara, beloved by Pat and such a steady presence in the game forever.
4. UConn - not last for the usual reason of rivalary hatred and bitter jealousy, but bc there's better reasons to be for everyone else. I really don't care anymore if Geno wins another of his bijillion nattys, I just want to watch them play.

Arizona without a doubt. What their coach has done there is absolutely amazing! She will be at a powerhouse before long if she wants to.

I definitely didn’t expect Uconn to go done but I’m so glad that they did. That freshman had no business being named player of the year. They don’t play anyone in conference play.

I don't root against Uconn the way some fans here do because I think Geno is a great coach and he has definitely mellowed a lot with age. I am hoping Tara gets one more. It's been so long and she's been close several times. I think she's in the final few years of her career and want to see her finish with one more.

Reactions: mcannon1
Better root for someone, 'cause I don't see the LVs making any significant runs in the tournament for the next few years. The LVs are beginning to travel the same path as teams like La Tech and ODU. it's different than what we saw with ND this year, where a team has an off year and recovers the following season or two. LVs fans will have many years where they're just excited about making the tournament. i've said it before and i'll continue to say it. you don't replace a coach like PS with just anyone. i don't mean to suggest that Warlick/Harper aren't good coaches, or maybe I do :D, but Warlick didn't do the program any favors, and unfortunately Harper may not be able to fix it because she won't be able to secure top recruits. it made sense to replace PS with someone on her bench as a first move, but the next move should've been someone with name recognition, someone who is still relevant and admired by young ladies who want to grow their game. for me that person was/is Tamika Catchings. nothing against Harper, and I'm aware that she's taken several teams to the big dance, but the dance didn't last very long, and her overall record was just average. i admit Catchings doesn't even have a coaching record, but she's tough as nails, demands those around her go hard, AND there's no bigger name recognition in WBB. top recruits would've lined up to play for her, but only IF she was interested in coaching. and that may be the dilemma - Catchings wasn't interested.?.?

VN Store

Back